CellPhone Carrier Help

Thread: CellPhone Carrier Help

Default CellPhone Carrier Help

I was wanting to switch cellphone carriers but still have time on my contract.does anyone know away that i can get out of it early with out paying the penalty. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ajvossman View Post
    I was wanting to switch cellphone carriers but still have time on my contract.does anyone know away that i can get out of it early with out paying the penalty. Thanks
    That's why the have a penalty so they get money either way just figure the cost of the plan per month to total penalty see what is cheaper check your fine print some offer a lower penalty if your close to the end of your contract.
    Quote by Jutah
    That shift to second is easy to miss if you don't shift it like you mean it.

Well, a friend of mine wanted an Iphone and his carrier wasn't in the Iphone carriers. So, he did a little research and found out that if you're moving to a foreign country that your carrier doesn't have service in, they have to let you out.... without the penalty.

He told them he didn't have a fixed address there (England) yet and was staying in a hotel until he found an apartment. They needed an address where he was staying, so he looked one up and they let him out of the contract. He really didn't move, just wanted out of the contract. It worked for him.
    Last edited by Vamedic; 10-02-2009 at 09:44 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Only AT&T has the iphone , i switched from Verizon and had to pay a prorated fee. AT&T also has a prorated penalty as im pretty sure they all do.

If Verizon gets the iphone next year i will be glad to pay the penalty and go back to Verizon.

AT&T blows

Very Active Member windycityrider's Avatar

i switched over from at&t to verizon. i had three months left on my contract and verizon offered to pay the early cancellation penalty fee from at&t for me if i switched, which i happily did. and i'd also like to add that i have been very happy with both verizon's service, which is much better than at&t's and also their customer service is very friendly ad helpful. good thing is i have only had to call their customer service once and it was a minor thing.

OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED.......THE
    WINDY CITY IS MY PLAYGROUND

Very Active Member

When I wanted out of Verizon upgraded my plan and then canceled without any penalty. When you upgrade your plan, you renew your contract. Which gives you a 15 day trial just like you had when you first signed up. I canceled the service before the 15 days and never had to pay the penalty. It was a long shot, but it worked.

Very Active Member

we went from verizon to at&t iphones and i smashed mine the 4th day i had it, it costed me almost $1100 to transfer services ya know early terminations and we bought the 32 gigs so long story short they wanted like $700 to replace my broken phone so i made the apple store replace the phone with a refurbished one then packed them both up and got a full refund because i was in my 30 day period. seriously you cant beat verizons service man you really dont drop calls like at&t. I cannot have the iphone because i drop my phone atleast 3 times a day, i would go broke

Quote Originally Posted by windycityrider View Post
    i switched over from at&t to verizon. i had three months left on my contract and verizon offered to pay the early cancellation penalty fee from at&t for me if i switched, which i happily did. and i'd also like to add that i have been very happy with both verizon's service, which is much better than at&t's and also their customer service is very friendly ad helpful. good thing is i have only had to call their customer service once and it was a minor thing.

verizon is the way to go. love their service
    "TO PUNISH AND ENSLAVE"

Thanks for everything guys.i do have verizon but was looking to get a iphone it would help me out so much at work.i dont have any prob's with verizon other than they dont offer the iphone.hahaha

Very Active Member

i have the envy touch phone from verizon and i love it, now dont get me wrong the iphone is the best phone out there and nothing can compare but i can do alot of things on it like the iphone, The best bet is keep verizon for the service and buy an IPOD touch for your business ($200.00)
    thats just my opinion.

verizon will offer the iphone within the next year im reading, but blackberry tour for the win!!! =)

chea you can google a place as said above, which my bro did. googled a mountainous area, on their coverage map that does not have good signal and give them that address plus complaina bout deadzone... so yea...

but foreign country you can't go wrong, just look up random address
    To reach great heights, one must first conquer great depths.
    Arlen Ness Big Sucker Kit - Arlen Ness RADIII Teardrop Mirrors - Cobra Slashdowns - DynoJet PCIII - Kuryakyn ISO - (Parts ready to be installed: Debeaver Kit, GiPro, Factory Pro Shift Kit)

AT&T works fine in my home market , my problem is i travel all over the state of Fla everyday for work and Verizons coverage was superior. And yes i get droped calls as well , but not real often in a major market however Verizon had less droped calls too.

As far as the iPhone goes i love it and nothing at Verizon comes close. The iPhone is a computer that also makes calls. EVERYTHING else is a phone that trys to be a computer too. Enough said.

Botton line when this stupid exclusive 3 yr commitment to AT&T ends next June im hoping Verizon gets the iPhone and goodbye AT&T. Verizon shouldnt have snubed there nose at Apple when Apple approached them BEFORE they agreed with AT&T. We would all have the best service and the best phone.

iphones u either hate it or love it... and i hate it haha. i love my blackberry tho. don't get me wrong the iphone has endless apps and fun games, but for a PHONE haha, i like the blackberry. plus imma guy that needs a keyboard rather then all touch screen
    To reach great heights, one must first conquer great depths.
    Arlen Ness Big Sucker Kit - Arlen Ness RADIII Teardrop Mirrors - Cobra Slashdowns - DynoJet PCIII - Kuryakyn ISO - (Parts ready to be installed: Debeaver Kit, GiPro, Factory Pro Shift Kit)

Find out where your current carrier does not have coverage and tell them you are moving to that area and, although you love their service, you cannot possibly keep them

Here's how you do it. Call Verizon & tell them that you are moving to Atchison, Kansas 1047 Maple st Atchison, Ks 66002 Tell them when you visited to look at your new home, you had no signal past north kansas city, Missouri. They will tell you that there is signal there. THERE IS NOT!

Here you go: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/C.../coverage+maps

Make sure you click "Enhanced Coverage" that's the nationwide that 90% of their customers have! So stick to it, & they must cancel you contract because they are unable to provide coverage/service you are paying for!

Make sure to tell them to just cancel your contract, so you can change to a carrier that works for you. Otherwise, they'll cancel that day, and you won't be able to transport your number. May take a couple of calls like it did me. Good luck!
    2007 M109R LE, BaldyLatino Custom 07 LE Seats, BMS Chopper Slash Exhaust, Cobra Fi2000, RC Components Savage Chrome Wheels, Healtech GIpro Gear Indicator w/ATRE, Suzuki Touring Windshield, Brakeaway Cruise Control, Chrome Frame Cover Kit, R.I.S. Designs 3D Chrome M109R Derby Cover, Chrome FX Swing Arm Cover, Cobra Chrome Drive Shaft Cover, Chrome Rear Brake Cover, & a wish list!

Very Active Member

I have tried Verizon, Sprint, Nextel, T-mobile, and AT&T.

So far, AT&T has been the best service carrier everywhere I go except when I go 4-wheeling in the woods with my jeep. But no carriers have good service in the woods around me.

Plus I don't like how verizon disables the features that come standard on the phone and then charges you to use them. Example: Blackberry's come standard with built in GPS systems that uses a sep antenna in the phone. Verizon disables that and then charges you to use there GPS program.

I can only imagine what verizon will do with the app store on the Iphone since they won't be making money if it stays the way it is now with AT&T. They will prob charge you to access the app store, or tack on more money for each app and song.

I was looking on verizons web page at there smart phones.found a HTC Touch Pro 2 that might work for me.It got some good reviews. seems that most of you are talking me out of going with AT&T and sticking with Verizon.I'm gona see if i can go to a store and check one out.Thanks for all the input guys.

I was looking on verizons web page at there smart phones.found a HTC Touch Pro 2 that might work for me.It got some good reviews. seems that most of you are talking me out of going with AT&T and sticking with Verizon.I'm gona see if i can go to a store and check one out.Thanks for all the input guys.
    I've been using WM phones for years...they've not had the marketing muscle that the iPhone has had but for every app on the iPhone, there is probably 4 times as many for the WM phone. The iPhone has a really good GUI but the WM phones now come with a similar GUI and there are several aftermarket GUIs that make them just as friendly as the iPhone.

The Touch Pro 2 is basically a miniature PC that does basically everything that a computer can do and also makes calls. I have AT&T but am definitely getting fed up with the lack of coverage...it seems like AT&T is starting to decrease coverage in areas where I used to get good coverage...like at home. I'm thinking about going over to Verizon myself and getting the TP2.
    Black 07, 2.25 inch bones, Kury Mirrors,Iso Grips, ISO Switchblade pegs, ISO Passenger Pegs, 2 inch riser extensions, Garmin 200W GPS, Brakeaway Throttle Lock, Rifle Windshield, Debaffled Stock exhaust, Debeavered, Barons License Plate Kit, Corbin Pass Seat Backrest, JSD-3M, Stebel Horn, Suzuki engine guard bars, Elite III 250 &130, Bluegauges speedo/tach mod (blue), LE clear turn signals, backoff brake module.