Gear shifting at which speed - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gear shifting at which speed

Quote Originally Posted by kendall View Post
    Kaj, did you ever think that not too many people are willing to take their bike to the rev limiter at every shift. Typically when it happens you aren't taking your eyes off the road to look at the speedo because things are happening pretty quickly at that point.

Not to sound like an ass but if you are so interested in this, get on your bike and check it out for yourself.

Well said...

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj View Post
    Oh no, I'm still waiting...I wonder why people don't want to help with such a tiny piece of information...
    I still cant understand why you dont go try it out on your own bike rather than "Demanding" someone else supply you the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    I still cant understand why you dont go try it out on your own bike rather than "Demanding" someone else supply you the information.
    Well Kaj, we are still waiting. Maybe there is another forum we can ask this on.
    bikeless at the time

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Screamnyellozonker's Avatar

Get a TRE and that shaking at low speed is way better. Much smoother at 5mph.
    John3:16 PGR Rider.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by kendall View Post
    Well Kaj, we are still waiting. Maybe there is another forum we can ask this on.

lol

Maybe you guys are just stupid or you can't read...I said that I'm still breaking-in mine...And I do wonder is it really possible that nobody knows.

This forum seems to be useless.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Seriously, I'm not going to beat the piss out of my bike just to answer your question...and calling us stupid isn't going to help your cause.

Maybe you guys are just stupid or you can't read...I said that I'm still breaking-in mine...And I do wonder is it really possible that nobody knows.

Hey Kaj the m90 is a cruizer (all be it a sporty one) not a splat bike. You want to bounce off the rev limiter and boast to your mates about it , buy a splat bike and log in a splat bike forum. The M's have attitude which rubs off on the rider, HP torque and 1/4 mile times aren't that important ( although they are dammed impressive) and at what speed you hit the rev limiter is way down on the list. All you need to knowis you could successfully lose your license in any gear before hitting the rev limiter.
    Girpo, Fi2000r, Iso Grips, Magnum mirrors,Tank Guard, Gel Seat, Cobra Luggage Rack, Rear Cowl, Drilled pipes, 2" Bones, De-beavered, Bigeh Air mod and LED's

douche bag alert.
    CAPZ LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stevef View Post
    Hey Kaj the m90 is a cruizer (all be it a sporty one) not a splat bike. You want to bounce off the rev limiter and boast to your mates about it , buy a splat bike and log in a splat bike forum. The M's have attitude which rubs off on the rider, HP torque and 1/4 mile times aren't that important ( although they are dammed impressive) and at what speed you hit the rev limiter is way down on the list. All you need to knowis you could successfully lose your license in any gear before hitting the rev limiter.
    Well said!
    ~ Blake
    --
    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown

I'm surprised that I haven't received any answer for my question, on any sport-bike-forum the question would have been answered...

Okay, let's do it this way then, when you accelerate hard, on what speed/speeds you are gearing up?

I'm still breaking in mine...
    Are you people STuPid ? , why are,nt you hanging off every word that Kaj has posted. You guys shouldve relized that he is still "breaking" his bike in. He told us that back on his second post before he started waiting.

Ok Lets do it this way,Kaj' how quick would the dealer give you a swap back to a sportsbike so you could go to a forum where they will answer all your questions? After its been "broken in" of course. Personally my aim with a new engine is usually to "RUN" it in not BREAK it.
    Last edited by Spanners; 05-14-2010 at 02:20 AM.

bikeless at the time

break-in period - 1 dictionary result
    break-in period   [breyk-in] Show IPA
    –noun
    a period during which certain restrictions or moderation in operating should be followed, as the avoidance of high speed, rapid acceleration, or severe braking for a new automobile.
    Also called break-in.

Quote Originally Posted by d_a_mage View Post
    break-in period - 1 dictionary result
    break-in period   [breyk-in] Show IPA
    –noun
    a period during which certain restrictions or moderation in operating should be followed, as the avoidance of high speed, rapid acceleration, or severe braking for a new automobile.
    Also called break-in.

I don't think Australians use a standard English dictionary though

I wonder what the legal age is to own a bike in Finland? Must be pretty young.....

I'll try to make my point clearer. I don't think it is very grown up to start nitpicking about grammar in these forums. Especially when there are many of us who do not speak English as our native language. And even the ones who do can sometimes make mistakes.

And yes. In Finland there is no age limit on ownership, but we do have age limit for driving license.

Very Active Member

Has anyone tried on what speed rev limiter hits on gears 1, 2, 3, and 4?
    No, I have not! You are in a break-in period not a break-it period. If you use the rev limiter as a guide too often then..... BOOM and lots of big repair bills.

As for shift speeds try this: 1st to 2nd; 20/25mph (30/40km/h). 2nd to 3rd; 30/35mph (50/55km/h). 3rd to 4th; 40/45mph (60/70km/h). 4th to 5th; +50mph (+80km/h). Personally, I do not shift into 5th until I am doing at least 55/60mph (90/100km/h).

However, as I have now installed a Baron Tach, I try to shift between 2000 and 3000 rpm depending on traffic and terrain.

Hope this clears up some questions about speeds. Cheers
    Be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don't react too well to bullets. - Capt Ramius (Red October)

2006 DL650 Blue
    2009 VZ1500 M90 Blue