Wind Screen on an Intruder

Thread: Wind Screen on an Intruder

Default Wind Screen on an Intruder

Anyone fiited a screen to their truder?

Im planning a nice ling trip thru Europe and thort about fitting a screen to stop my head from being ripped of my shoulders.

I found it does a good job of keeping my head where god intedned but the noise that seems to be coming around and hitting the side of my lid is very hard going and i wanted to know if this was normal or is there any advise out there for posioning.

Its so bad im wondering which is the worse of the 2 evils and just working on my neck muscles in stead of the screen.

HEPL!!!! its giving me a bloody head ache.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I recently fitted the Memphis Shades Hellcat 'screen to mine, and yeah, It don't 'add' to the looks of the bike, but jeez! what a positive change to the ride!
    I've done 8,000 miles in 3 months without a screen, and was getting a lot of grief with my neck joints, especially after sustained 70-80 mph blasts down the motorway for 60 minutes, or more. Fitted the screen and it's comfortable at 120!
    Yes, the downside is you will get a lot more noise from the wind turbulance, buy I have custom molded ear plugs & a Shuberth Pro-1 Full Face Lid, so no worries there

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    Anyone fiited a screen to their truder?

Im planning a nice ling trip thru Europe and thort about fitting a screen to stop my head from being ripped of my shoulders.

I found it does a good job of keeping my head where god intedned but the noise that seems to be coming around and hitting the side of my lid is very hard going and i wanted to know if this was normal or is there any advise out there for posioning.

Its so bad im wondering which is the worse of the 2 evils and just working on my neck muscles in stead of the screen.

HEPL!!!! its giving me a bloody head ache.

See if you can adjust the screen to lie down at a angle and not sit upright so that the air flows over it instead of being like hitting a wall. It did improve mine.
    Last edited by spook; 11-04-2009 at 06:58 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the advise chaps.

I did what you said and changed the angle slighty and was amazed at the difference it made. And there was i thinking about standing it up more and not tilting it back so thanks alot for that.

Mind you the stupid prat who put the thing together had done it as about face so once i changed it to the correct way it made it alot easier to alter it little at a time to get it right.

Thanks again.

Great stuff , glad we could help