Just drilled my exhaust! And Yes, this really is another one of those posts! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Just drilled my exhaust! And Yes, this really is another one of those posts!

PIPES DRILLED! Results: I LOVE THE SOUND I only did the 8 1/2 in holes. Did not drill the baffles out. I'm going to ride with this for a while and once it's quite again; I'll hit those.

Currently: Bone Stock with K&N Filters

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JW View Post
    Well, after reading and reading about it, I finally worked up the nerve and drilled my exhaust. It also had partially to do with the new Cobra Speedster Slashdown exhaust growing on me, so I had a backup plan if didn't like the new sound. Wow what a diffrence it made. I love the new sound. To anybody that is on the fence about doing this, like I was, I say go for it. I can't imagine anybody not liking the new sound. If anything I wish it was still a bit louder, but the type of sound it makes is very good. I may still go for an aftermarket exhaust but this will hold me over until next summer so I can check and see what else comes out for exhaust over the winter.

I was wondering if anybody was told they would void out the warranty if they drilled holes in pipe? I wanted to do mine and the dealership said "if any problems come from me drilling holes in exhaust then my warranty would be voided. I have a brand new 2013 and got scared. I really want to do it.

Depends on the dealership relationship you have. Mine said all good as long as the modifications (That's any mod) are not the root cause. Again that is variable from dealer to dealer. I'm on my 10th purchase from my dealer, same sales rep and it's always been the same tech. As long as you don't touch the catalytic converter hurting the bike is a pretty low risk. A handful of holes in the back end caps didn't cause a visual lean condition on the plugs. I have 6 3/4 inch hole in each pipe end cap. Left the inner baffle alone. I love the tone and it's loud enough to let you and a others know your presence.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I have a good dealer and they suggested to wait until the warranty was over to do anything. It does differ dealer to dealer. Personally, I played it safe and did a HTRE after the fact.

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

If I had an extended warranty I would have waited myself. But I only get a year so with our riding season being like 4 months I waited until after first service to start any mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjduke View Post
    I have a good dealer and they suggested to wait until the warranty was over to do anything. It does differ dealer to dealer. Personally, I played it safe and did a HTRE after the fact.
    Kudos to your dealer for being upfront and honest.