Fi2000 settings--please share - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fi2000 settings--please share

Just fitted in two Kuryakyn Pro-R Hyper chargers and K&N filters about two months ago(muffler debuffled) , I tried 1-2-1 for the start but felt no difference and engine felt "tight" .
    So tried 2-3-2 , it felt better and could feel engine responded good down low , but still felt engine running not smooth enough after 4000 rpm (felt like vibrate badly).
    Finally I tried 3.0 - 5.0 - 3.5, it now goes pretty good down low and goes hard all the way up to redline .

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Question

OK, I just ordered my FI2000R and was wondering what setting would work best

My setup:
    Holley covers
    drilled baffles
    GI Pro TRE

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

Quote Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
    OK, I just ordered my FI2000R and was wondering what setting would work best

My setup:
    Holley covers
    drilled baffles
    GI Pro TRE
    Try it just as it's delivered and adjust as needed. You can't get an exact setting because elevation, temperature and other things make a difference too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

It is funny how the settings recommended byTechlusion for the TFI unit are near the same as the CobraTFI Fuel Injection Module instructions and settings. The only exception is that the TFI has a fourth pot that allows you to set where the green pot goes off and the red pot fully kicks in. They recommend 4,000 for the M109R.

I have Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, Edelbrock filters, and am just fine with their recommended settings so far.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Have you guys with the Cobra unit been checking your plugs to see how lean or rich you are running.
    Are you guys finding it running a little rich, lean, or just right when checked.

Is anyone running scorpions, k&ns, and gw modded boxes?

subscribed, just ordered mines. Ill be doing the bottlefed mod and gutting modifying the stock exhaust.

Have any of you guys welded a bung and used a wide band to tune the bike versus taking it on the dyno, yea i know you dont get to see the numbers but at leat youd be able to tune to a certain a/f number and know how the bike is running. And what would be an optimal a/f range for these bikes?
    Last edited by Lsantana954; 11-15-2010 at 09:44 PM.
    2007 ZX-14
    2009 M109r LE(traded for ZX-14)
    2007 Acura TL-S
    1987 Buick Grand National(Lots of Mods)

Hi guys I installed fi2000r and have 2" straight pipes now I wanna know if I can adjust the fi2000 while my bike is on or shud I turn the ignition off b4 I make Any adjustment.
    Any suggestion on wat settings I shud have.I have stock intake.
    Waiting for your replies......

i tuned mine on the fly. i just set the unit out between the seat and the tank and went from there.

I have a question that may seem a little stupid, but im going to ask it anyway. I have read a lot of responses that comment on their specific elevation....and that they consider this in their calculations when setting up their fi2000r.
    Why is that considered? If I go on a road trip into the mountains and have extreme elevation changes, does the bike not have some form of electronics(ECM) to compensate/adjust for this?
    2011LE, not so stock anymore. Lots of plans, lots of time...

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fed with? That's me..." GT

Very Active Member tkrsmith0329's Avatar

Default Fuel Settings

Had mine Dyno Jet tuned in Daytona during Biketoberfest with exhaust aneylizer I have 2-1 Real Mccoy Hedder Holley Air Jsd3m set valve removed Cobra fuel prosessor settings 1-3-2 does not smoke no carbon residue 40 mpg It will blow my V-Rod anyway M109 hp 117 -torq 112 Steve

Quote Originally Posted by dave340 View Post
    I have a question that may seem a little stupid, but im going to ask it anyway. I have read a lot of responses that comment on their specific elevation....and that they consider this in their calculations when setting up their fi2000r.
    Why is that considered? If I go on a road trip into the mountains and have extreme elevation changes, does the bike not have some form of electronics(ECM) to compensate/adjust for this?

ECM will compensate for the change. but if you arent going to be there for long peroids of time i wouldnt worry about that. and in a tuning state of mind eleavtion does make a big difference. the higher you are the thinner the air and the closer to sea level the thicker the air. (its called the DA) density alttitude (i suck at spelling sorry) drag racers use it alot when they are at the track for bracket racing so they know when to add or take weight out of the car and so on.

Default what to set fi2000r at

Hey guys i am running cobra dragsters, arlenn Ness big sucker intakes, and Fi2000r. I have it at 2-3-2 it runs good. Does that sound right or should I bump it up sum because of the big air intakes so Im not running to lean?

bump this back up to the top.

Very Active Member

I bought my bike used with dragsters and the fi2000 on it. I don't have the instructions. Does anyone know where cobra's tuning instructions are, or how I should go about trying to tune my bike? I couldn't find them on their website; it just says to contact them. I usually get around 30-35 mpg on my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by giveMongoBall View Post
    I bought my bike used with dragsters and the fi2000 on it. I don't have the instructions. Does anyone know where cobra's tuning instructions are, or how I should go about trying to tune my bike? I couldn't find them on their website; it just says to contact them. I usually get around 30-35 mpg on my bike.

did you read the thread or just post?? its all covered in here.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by pynikal View Post
    did you read the thread or just post?? its all covered in here.
    Yes, I read the whole post. I was just curious if anyone knew where the official instructions were... not John P. Random setup who lives at 6000' altitude and has completely different parts on his bike... :)

find someones set up here and adjust accordingly. keeping in mind that there isnt going to be a ton of difference between the 2-1 pipe set ups and the 2-2 pipes set ups.

most intakes wont differ that much either from each other as far as the "bottle fed" type intakes, they will be close and the k&n with open covers will be close to the same as well if you have a ducks covers or the goldwing mod covers.

mostly just ride and adjust ride and adjust ride and adjust. it took me about a hlf a day of riding to get mine figured out and i will have ot do it again this spring for my new intake set up as i never really dialed it in last year as i should have.

Quote Originally Posted by pynikal View Post
    does anyone know what the number actually mean i know what the pods are but the numbers?

pod 1---low speed
    pod 2---mid range
    pod 3---high range

Very Active Member

I guess I just don't know what details I should be keying on, when I ride after an adjustment. That's what I was curious about the manual for. Will the bike just have a general better or worse "feel" to it? Personally I think it feels pretty good, but I was going to play around with it to see if I could make it better. That's the problem though, I don't know what I'm looking for, what "better" is, or how I know if I made a poor adjustment.

Thanks for the help.

you are just feeling for general response and seat of the pants pull of the bike.

Very Active Member

For future readers, I found another post where the guy put up Cobra's instructions.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...77&postcount=2

Very Active Member Tn_soldier1977's Avatar

Anyone know the best setting for Hard Krome 3" Straights and K&N with stock boxes?
    Some times there's justice, Some times there's just us!

Looking on eBay and anyone know what’s the difference here?, I see two different harnesses ... and whats the difference between Fi2000 and Fi2000R?

Last edited by justbman; 03-04-2011 at 05:33 PM.
    2007 M109r - "Go have no fun somewhere else"

small ranch/farm out in the country 10 miles north of Burlington N.C.

The picture shown is not representative of the two different numbers you listed..however the Fi2000 has to be spliced in the factory harness and is usually cheaper, whereas the "r" has factory plug and play connectors. That's the one I bought and it was...you'll excuse the expression...a "snap" to install

Thanks Gramps!
    2007 M109r - "Go have no fun somewhere else"

Default my settings & specs

Shorty exhaust using stock tips, JSD3M, Hypercharger intake. Pair valves are not currently blocked off. Currently set at default, 1-3-2. Betty is running smooth & strong! I will continue to run the default setting for a while, then try 2-3-2 & see what happens then. Thank you all for your input.

mrhp
    Last edited by mrhp; 03-31-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Cobra Tri Pro, TRE, Tony Mod, K&Ns, running 2-3-2.. Bike is running sweeter then stock, but I know it is running a little rich due to black pipe and fuel consumption. Which pot should i adjust?

small ranch/farm out in the country 10 miles north of Burlington N.C.

Quote Originally Posted by woody76 View Post
    Cobra Tri Pro, TRE, Tony Mod, K&Ns, running 2-3-2.. Bike is running sweeter then stock, but I know it is running a little rich due to black pipe and fuel consumption. Which pot should i adjust?
    There is no fuel mileage pot all three will affect mileage as will your use of the throttle...but if you do a lot of cruising from 3000 or so rpm and lower then reset the first pot to 1.5 or 1. That pot affects you lower rpm and idle circuit. I'm some where around 2-3-2 and I average about mid 30's per gallon but I like to twist the throttle a bit getting to my cruising speeds quickly and most of my driving is local so I'm ok with that even though I used to get mid 40's pre pipes and tuning.....course I think there is more ethanol used now to and that affects our fuel mileage here too.

Default settings

ok guys bringing up a old one i took my bike in for its frist service and the dealer tells me your bike is running like **** you need to ditch the cobra fi2000r and get a power commander. so i figure i will adjust the pods before i do anything ...for you guys that have more knowladge than me i have hyperchargers and hard krome daul radius pipes i have not touch the fi2000 as of yet so it is still at the factory setting what should i start with or just start bumping it up untill it feels rite ... any info would be appreactiated.

sorry about the spelling

ps. could it be thats what he deals with and sells ?

Very Active Member need more power's Avatar

Anyone running sideburners with stock intake and fi2000r?
    I'm pullin' for ya'...we're all in this together!