Amazing acceleration

Thread: Amazing acceleration

Very Active Member stickbowhunter's Avatar

Default Amazing acceleration

I just got back from Americade yesterday and had a great time.Quick story on amazing power- I entered I87 ( the Northway) and opened her up in second and flew up the road, my wife taps me on the shoulder and said the wind just blew her helmet off her head, what? I pulled over and looked around to see her helmet rolling down the highway at 75mph, a few bikes passed by giving me the thumbs up! Wow, turns out she hadn't pulled the strap all the way through the second loop. Needless to say we'll be buying her a new helmet, I'm still shaking my head at that one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

So you'll have to put the cowl back on and ride solo till you get a new helmet?
    I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of GOD in CHRIST JESUS

funny story. On the next helmet make sure she gets one that fits tightly. It should be snug enough to hold itself on even without the strap. If it easily comes off then it wouldn't do much good for here in a wreck

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Helmet !

THESE THINGS DO MOVE YA !!!! BUCKLE DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by BlkM109r View Post
    funny story. On the next helmet make sure she gets one that fits tightly. It should be snug enough to hold itself on even without the strap. If it easily comes off then it wouldn't do much good for here in a wreck
    i agree.....protect the top side make sure its a good fit.
    .Silver is THE fastest.

Very Active Member stickbowhunter's Avatar

Well it was real tight on the way home since it was missing the foam insides I stuffed it with wash cloths and personally tightened it myself and told her the only way it would come off again is with part of her in it. It was too late to get another that night so it was a little drafty on the 300mi trip home.

Yeah this bike sure does giddy up and go!! Second gear as well as third are fierce!! If ya didn't know before, now ya know.. lol

I got an offer i couldn't refuse for my 9 so all i have left is my Wing..

My wife would had been, punching in my RIBS! BUT THATS CLASSIC! And the reason for the name TORQ
    Owner of The Rarest M109R, THE 2006 Burple. THE ONE Suzuki Promised, TO NEVER make again!! Do to IT BEING, JUST to FAST for the General PUBLIC!

yeah, my ribs would have been jello. thats why she rides her own bike now. i havent put the passenger seat on since i unloaded her bike. thats the way it was supposed to be from the start.
    she s not quite stock.

Default Classic Moves..

Quote Originally Posted by TORQ View Post
    My wife would had been, punching in my RIBS! BUT THATS CLASSIC! And the reason for the name TORQ
    Yes the punch in the ribs or fingernails in the shoulder usually get my attention.

Talk about bad fit, while traveling 125 mph I got the rib punch combined with the should scratch, umphhhh! I slowed down to find my gf's helmet had turned around and the visor was on the side of her head... it wasn't so funny when I got scolded.

Ride on...

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo-rider View Post
    Talk about bad fit, while traveling 125 mph I got the rib punch combined with the should scratch, umphhhh! I slowed down to find my gf's helmet had turned around and the visor was on the side of her head... it wasn't so funny when I got scolded.

Ride on...
    Bet you were still laughing inside.

I had a fun experience with my right leg 1 day when accelerating as entering the expressway. Very slightly picked it up and it proceded to try & wind surf at 100. Didn't realize I was going that fast. 1st time I really got on it while merging.

[quote=rockey;1089050]Bet you were still laughing inside.

Hey Rocky....... but don't tell anyone!!

Default PMSL

That gave me a nice laugh. Thank you very much.

I can see everyone worrying about your wifes safty after the lid came off but as no one was hurt its good to be able to sit back and see the funny side. And what a funny side it was i can just picture it. Nice one mate. Thanks for making me laugh.

Mind you my wife would never get back on the bike again if i did that to her.