Rear Tyre

Thread: Rear Tyre

Default Rear Tyre

Hiya all nice to join the forum. Had my Truder since last Nov and need a new rear tyre after only 3k.

I keep hearing good things about the Metzeler but my local shop wont fit different treads. Is it really assential to have the same pattern front & rear and are the Metz really that good.

Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    Hiya all nice to join the forum. Had my Truder since last Nov and need a new rear tyre after only 3k.

I keep hearing good things about the Metzeler but my local shop wont fit different treads. Is it really assential to have the same pattern front & rear and are the Metz really that good.

Cheers.
    Hello Dutch. I have heard that you should not have different pattern on your tyres, but I have done it with my old Dragstar and did not notice the difference. It was a Met tyre as it happens and the bike did handle a bit better. Some times the dealers may tell you this because they want more money. Metz are very good tyres so you should consider fitting one of those or the best tyre you are able to afford, it is your ride and safety at the end.
    Good luck and ride safe,
    Anibal
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Very Active Member The Orange One's Avatar

I am running Metz 280 rear and 160 front and love them!!
    Mods....ya...about that...

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the tips guys. I managed to talk my local shop round to letting me have what i wanted so happy now. Cant wait to get them on and see if there as good as everyone says.

Thanks again.