CRAP, CRAP, CRAP

Thread: CRAP, CRAP, CRAP

Default CRAP, CRAP, CRAP

apparently my key decided that it didnt like me anymore and walked away...so i looked for my spare key...no such luck either...the dealer wants 57.00 for a replacement key and they wont give the key code to have it cut.........cant pull the ignithion out cause the harness clip is up under the seat...ummmm no key to pull the seat off..tied to pull the security torx head screws out....WTF....they stripped on me......any ideas? bueller? BUELLER my brainstrom has got me a headache now....

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

pay the $57...... and tell the dealer it'll be the last thing you ever buy from them

still no key code to and the key doesnt come cut.... so getting the key cut at this point is my boiling point right now.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

your bike is at home chances are your key is too, check your pants you last wore when you rode, gloves, hamper, washer, the couch....it has to be there

about a year ago i was working in corpus christi, tx. i misplaced my keys and had the local dealer make me a set. they looked the codes up in a manual by my vin code. he charged me $5 to set the cutter and $3 per key. i had 2 keys done and it cost me $11. went home and found the keys in my jacket pocket
    Irv Thomas Honda Suzuki

www.suzuki.com

1110 S Padre Island Dr
    Corpus Christi, TX 78416
    (361) 857-0127

Call a locksmith. If they are good they can work miracles. They can pick the lock at the seat & get to the harness clip holding the switch. They can recut the tumblers in your ignition & seat switches so that whoever finds or has stolen you keys will not work anymore. Don't forget the steering head lock either.
    07 Black M109R, Full cut Suz Gel Seat, CW Drivers backrest, Forward pegs, Breakaway Cruize Control, GI-PRO Blue, 2 inch risers, 2.25 lowering bones, Techmount radar det mnt, Tach relocate, alarm, debeavered, debadged, debitched

Thumbs up

I got drunk and misplaced my key last weekend. took the gf's car to hyundai had my ins company fax them proof of ownership and I found out they don't charge for keys horray! why can't hyundai make a motorcycle?? hmm maybe we should give them some inspiration to...

been there dont that.. if you are careful and use some needle nose pliers you can remove most of the side cover and use the pliers and some patience to pull the cable to remove the seat.. then take the ignition to a lock smith..

also there are a lot of mobil lock smiths that will come to your house to cut a key for it depending on where you are..

i didnt have a key code and went thru this last spring..

good luck..

apparantly you key code is written by hand in your manual or in the original paperwork with the bike.. if the dealer is good.. if not your sol..
    FUN BIKE - 2007 m109R Cobra exhaust,PCIII Thunder Air Kit, cycle house levers, custom mirrors, Blue Joe Florida LED kit, side mount, raw leds, De bevered . .. .. more to come arnot air ride, kickstand, nitrous, 300 rear...

Very Active Member Boston M109R's Avatar

if u bought the bike new the key code will be on your paper work

07 M109R*CUSTOM FLAME PAINT*COBRA DRAGSTERS*280 W/CHROME 10 INCH RIM*CHROME FRONT RIM/160 *KURY FRONT PEGS* DERBY COVER*CALIPER COVER* SWING ARM COVER *SIDE LICENSE PLATE*HOLLY INTAKES *CUSTOM FRONT/REAR SIGNALS*CUSTOM TAIL LIGHT*LOWERED 2.25

Like "deverandson" stated. The dealer should be able to cut you a key. Just show proof that your the legal owner and that should be it. That's the whole purpose of the key code. You get the code with the keys and Suzuki is supposed to keep it on file.

Quote Originally Posted by WVrider View Post
    your bike is at home chances are your key is too, check your pants you last wore when you rode, gloves, hamper, washer, the couch....it has to be there
    Go this route first- retrace your steps. It has to be there.

You can pull that side cover back enough to manually pop the seat off.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Been there. Pulled the side cover out,grabbed seat latch cable with needle nose,remove ignition switch assembly,took to locksmith who broke the heads off the security screws(not his fault).He could make a key from there but couldnt fix broken screws. I took the ignition casting and drilled and retapped those little suckers on a drill press and brought it back to him to reassemble all in the same day. $75.00.

I'd try the locksmith but as others said the key is where the bike is.

Friend once lost his key and about 2 weeks later someone asked him if he had ever found his key. Thing was the guy had never told anyone he had lost the key and when he asked him how he knew he had lost the key the fella pointed to his fork lock where the key was in the lock saying either you lost it or thats not the smartest place to carry a spare
    My kids call me "olyeller" after the dog from the old movie.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by olyeller View Post
    I'd try the locksmith but as others said the key is where the bike is.

Friend once lost his key and about 2 weeks later someone asked him if he had ever found his key. Thing was the guy had never told anyone he had lost the key and when he asked him how he knew he had lost the key the fella pointed to his fork lock where the key was in the lock saying either you lost it or thats not the smartest place to carry a spare
    Funny!
    I lost my key once! Bout lost my mind tearing my place apart, retracing my steps etc... next day my wife calls me at work to ask why I put my key where the spoons are? I was not even drinking!
    Juice109

Quote Originally Posted by WVrider View Post
    I loose my keys all the time. Actually, every time I put my keys somewhere other than where they are supposed to go, I loose them. The first step to finding lost keys, at least for me, is to find something else to do. The more I think about where I lost the keys the harder it is for me to think rationally about finding the keys.

The next step is to start cleaning. Clean my helmet and put it in the helmet bag... What's that jingling? - Lost keys.

Clean out my tank bag. Pick it up and look what's underneath. Lost keys.

Put my jacket on a hanger instead of the coat rack in the basement. Why are my keys hanging on the coat rack under my jacket?

Your keys can't be far from your bike, or your safety gear, or dirty clothes hamper, or the tray where you put your loose change.

Just be patient. it will come to you and you'll safe a few bucks!

The last time I lost mine, I searched for an entire day and gave up... then I spotted it in my helmet lock! AHHH!
    2007 M109r - "Go have no fun somewhere else"

Very Active Member

When I picked up my '07 it came with two keys and a tiny piece of black plastic (30mm x 10mm) that had the key-code numbers melted into it.

some of the places where you guys lost or how you found them are freaking hillarous....the one in the fork lock really cracked me up...well good news i did find my key...it was in the parts bin in my work truck...i tore my work truck apart along with my clothes hamper my washing machine my new dodge truck...my garage...i think i lost about 3years of my life for stressing..lol ok not 3years..but the good news is im not alone on this and yes i now have 4 spares on different key rings of all my vehicles....im the type of guy that can set a wrench down when im working on and turn around 2 times and forget where i put the wrench....i probly own more sets of tools than anybody i know....lol

I once had my keys in my hand when I was throwing out some trash. I realized where they were 2 hours later, after tearing the house apart, check yer trash cans too!!!

Orange '08 M109R Sold
    '13 Yamaha VMAX
    '06 Yamaha Stratoliner "S"
    "Drink The Wind!"

I don't mean to do the THING but I to JUST had a senior moment, and lost my MAIN key, we all know the one! Dealer hit me at $38.00 for that BLANK KEY ALONEI asked him, if I looked like Dick Chainey! I told him i'd give $25.00, and he said they would be loosing money if he sold for $25.00!!! So told him to, put it back on his shielf! Now I do have, my spare thank god... But I bought the alcheapo $7.00 Suzuki key, for the toilet bowl chrome cap mod! I just thought i'd SHARE THE JOY GOTTA LOVE IT
    Owner of The Rarest M109R, THE 2006 Burple. THE ONE Suzuki Promised, TO NEVER make again!! Do to IT BEING, JUST to FAST for the General PUBLIC!

Quote Originally Posted by TORQ View Post
    I don't mean to do the THING but I to JUST had a senior moment, and lost my MAIN key, we all know the one! Dealer hit me at $38.00 for that BLANK KEY ALONEI asked him, if I looked like Dick Chainey! I told him i'd give $25.00, and he said they would be loosing money if he sold for $25.00!!! So told him to, put it back on his shielf! Now I do have, my spare thank god... But I bought the alcheapo $7.00 Suzuki key, for the toilet bowl chrome cap mod! I just thought i'd SHARE THE JOY GOTTA LOVE IT
    i would have paid the 38.00 still to much but my dealer wanted 57.00 bucks..... now i wonder what they really cost?? but i found mine....the main key....with a few years off of my life..lol oh by the way its not thread jacking with we are all sharing our horrors of loosing our keys...............

old thread, but i ran into this problem, still haven't found my keys....

went to stealer, .... my dealer did not keep record of the key stamp .... and does not cut keys... another dealer that is much better, does cut keys and said sure give them my VIN and they looked it up... key code not on file in system, and i guess thats where my stealer went wrong without having them on file.

So had to get a locksmith pick it and make me a set. 130 bucks to my house and make 2 keys. o well lesson learned.

(btw i did take off the helmet lock and (has tamper proof on it btw) and bring it to 2 locksmiths.. neither could make a proper key that worked in ignition.. worked for helmet lock but not ignition / gas cap.. weird)
    To reach great heights, one must first conquer great depths.
    Arlen Ness Big Sucker Kit - Arlen Ness RADIII Teardrop Mirrors - Cobra Slashdowns - DynoJet PCIII - Kuryakyn ISO - (Parts ready to be installed: Debeaver Kit, GiPro, Factory Pro Shift Kit)

I know it's not gonna help you now...but three days after I bought my bike I went to True Value and had them make me three extra keys (cheap, < $10). One for the keymod and two extras!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '07 Black - Debeavered, Radiant LEDs
    Dobeck Module, K&Ns, Roadhouse Pipes

Very Active Member

The good: I have extra keys for all my vehicles in the gun safe.

The bad: I can't remember the combination for the gun safe!

Not really, but make some spares now that you found it!
    1983,1984,1986 V65 Magna
    1986 ZL900 Eliminator
    2001 ZRX1200R
    2008 Raider
    Next up: Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird

Very Active Member will23boxing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juice109 View Post
    Funny!
    I lost my key once! Bout lost my mind tearing my place apart, retracing my steps etc... next day my wife calls me at work to ask why I put my key where the spoons are? I was not even drinking!
    Juice109
    That's freaking funny lol!! It happened to me too but I put mine inside the fridge on my way to get water.. If its going to be a hedache just pay to get one.. After you do, few days later you end up find it.

When I got my new M90 I recorded the key code from the tag in my owners manual. I also emailed myself the code to my gmail account. A few weeks later I couldn't find my keys - I couldn't find the owners manual either. I retrieved the keycode from my email and a local locksmith made me a key for only $3. Whew! A week later I found my keys.

Gmail has practically unlimited storage and the search feature is very fast. I always email myself important information that I need to have accessible quickly.

Pegasus

Here's the DIY.

I know it's more difficult on the 9 but I had a lost key situation on a cross country trip with my 1500 Intruder. I found a blank at a local hardware store. I removed and dissassembled the lock. and here's the key part (punn intended). If you put the blank key in the tumbler it pushes the tumbler pins out the side of the tumbler housing in the exact pattern of the key that works in it. Put a piece of stiff paper or light cardboard along side the pins and trace the pattern indexing the distance from the shoulder of the key. Then cut out the pattern on the paper, tape it to the key in the proper location and trace the pattern on to the key with a marker. Then cut or file the pattern into the key. You only have to do 1 side, but then the key will only work 1 way, you can't flip it over. You can test it in the tumbler before reassembly. when all the pins are even with the housing your done. Just reassemble everthing. Then you can have more double sided keys cut from that edge at any key maker. Cost me $2 for the blank and about 2hrs work.

You might have to get creative to get the tumbler out, but this can be done with any edge tumbler type key.