My 300 mod in progress
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 300 mod in progress

Default My 300 mod in progress

Ok first of all I have to give a great big shout out to BIG DADDY 109 for leading the way!! Ok I tour down my 9 yesterday and today I took all my parts into work to get them moded. I notched out my stock swingarm and mod my fender and I build my side mount lic plate bracket. now you have a 240mm tire and you want to make room for a 300mm that is a 60mm differance and your gonna want some wiggle room as BIG DADDY sayed figured 5mm each side total 70mm split that into half 35mm or convert to inches it is 1 3/8 inch. Now if you measure from your tire to the swing arm on the right side it is right at 1 3/8 so nothing to do to the right side on the shaft side you have to notch out roughly 1/2 inch or so as showen I took some pics to kinda help you out if you are interested!! I will let you know and take pics as everything goes back together right now I`ve got some polishing to do and some painting to do!! PM me if you got a ? have a good one!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very nice.......looks like alot of guys are going to follow the big daddy route....

here is the rest of the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Air box covers 045.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	3922  

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Like to see how that works out when it is done

Good start

Yes I`m going to get this all done with only 2 to 3 hundred out of pocket, doing a favor for the price of my 300 tire and everything but the wheel I`m doing!! I can not wait!! And here is my lic mount

I will keep all of you in the loop!! Thanks guys

Definitely custom Way to save some $$$$$. Have you received your Raw Stealth LEd's yet?!?

I will be doing this next week, I'll keep you posted. This should be in the how to section.
    "In a better place"

It looks like your cut is too deep in this pic. It looks like the driveshaft will not clear. once the hole is welded closed. Can't wait to see the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk4 View Post
    Definitely custom Way to save some $$$$$. Have you received your Raw Stealth LEd's yet?!?
    Back one got here and some leds didn`t lite up so had to send back and my front ones haven`t showed up yet, called them and they said they are still trying to get them on the shelf so how knows how long they will be!!

Quote Originally Posted by mvnvltn View Post
    I will be doing this next week, I'll keep you posted. This should be in the how to section.

I thought about that but I`m realy not showing how to do it just giveing pointers!!

Quote Originally Posted by AWESOME109 View Post
    It looks like your cut is too deep in this pic. It looks like the driveshaft will not clear. once the hole is welded closed. Can't wait to see the final product.

It is close and yes I did cut a bit to far but not as far as it looks just the angle of the pic makes it look way worse than it is just had to do more welding!!
    Last edited by jrrose69; 03-01-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Interesting. Looking forward to how the final product turns out. I seen "BIG DADDY 109" but he didn't show a How-To or pointers as you called it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrrose69 View Post
    here is the rest of the pics
    Mate, you didn't mess around getting stuck into this... Thanks for all the info and pics...

BBB

Can not see how you will get it into the swing arm if you will not be doing any moding to the right side of the swing arm
    Life is what you make of it!

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE109 View Post
    Can not see how you will get it into the swing arm if you will not be doing any moding to the right side of the swing arm
    Wayne,
    Can you post a pic of yours? Do you notch both sides? Thanks in advance.

Very Active Member Black Diamond's Avatar

Very interesting. Can't wait to see how It's going to turn out.

Yes I do notch both sides.............about 10mm on the right, and from your picture you have cut much to much out on the shaft side , when you weld in your plate to close it is going to rub!!!! the rim is also OFFSET 5mm to the right!!!in other words when i widen my wheel it is 5mm more on the disc side than on the hub side ............YOU GUY'S SHOULD BE PAYING FOR THIS!!!
    Life is what you make of it!

Yes I do notch both sides.............about 10mm on the right, and from your picture you have cut much to much out on the shaft side , when you weld in your plate to close it is going to rub!!!! the rim is also OFFSET 5mm to the right!!!in other words when i widen my wheel it is 5mm more on the disc side than on the hub side ............YOU GUY'S SHOULD BE PAYING FOR THIS!!!
    If you weren't so far away in SA we would probably be paying you to do these for us. I noticed that the DLP swingarm notch is kinda long. I imagine this is to facilitate getting the rim into the swingarm.

Last edited by AWESOME109; 03-02-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Default swingarm mod

Looking good!!!

I only modded the driveshaft side. The wheel/tire do clear. If anyone has questions on this mod please PM me and I will walk you thru it. I have gotten abunch of PM's so far. It does work! You too can join the 300 club for less than a grand!!!

keep up the good work

Yes I do notch both sides.............about 10mm on the right, the rim is also OFFSET 5mm to the right!!!in other words when i widen my wheel it is 5mm more on the disc side than on the hub side ............YOU GUY'S SHOULD BE PAYING FOR THIS!!!
    If the rim is offset 5mm to the right, What does that do to the tracking of the rear wheel. Does it look like an old Ford truck going down the road sideways??
    07 Black M109R, Full cut Suz Gel Seat, CW Drivers backrest, Forward pegs, Breakaway Cruize Control, GI-PRO Blue, 2 inch risers, 2.25 lowering bones, Techmount radar det mnt, Tach relocate, alarm, debeavered, debadged, debitched

Quote Originally Posted by mvnvltn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrrose69 View Post
    I thought about that but I`m realy not showing how to do it just giveing pointers!!
    Good point! Don't want anything on the How 2 board that hasn't been proven & perfected. Your Nine is going 2B
    "Don't worry about it rider"

That one Man is the secret theme of the entire revelation of God to man through that which is known as the HOLY BIBLE... JESUS CHRIST.

Quote Originally Posted by AWESOME109 View Post
    Wayne,
    Can you post a pic of yours? Do you notch both sides? Thanks in advance.
    PICS, PICS, PICS, PICS PLEASE
    07 Black M109R, Full cut Suz Gel Seat, CW Drivers backrest, Forward pegs, Breakaway Cruize Control, GI-PRO Blue, 2 inch risers, 2.25 lowering bones, Techmount radar det mnt, Tach relocate, alarm, debeavered, debadged, debitched

Thanks guys for all your coments, I`ve gotten as far as i can go for the mean time reinstalled my swing arm to check clearence and shaft is free and clear so took it back off to get cleaned up now it is the horid waiting game, waiting for the wheel to be done 2 to 3 weeks Ugg!! with the measure ment I took I could not see a reason to notch out the right side of the swing arm but will post pic as soon as i`ve got wheel and tire and I start fitting it up!!! Keep the coments comeing!! Has anyone polished there swing arm? Just a thought haven`t decided if I wat to try that or not!!

I just wanted to say thanks for all these mod pictures. I am pledging the 300 club to be a prospect. Just let me watch and I can follow those that have gone before me. I bow down to the mod kings.

Well I just finished up my lic plate bracket ALL day I wet sanded on this thing, next is my rear hub, don`t know if I`m man enough to do my wheels!! What do you think of my bracket? it doesn`t have a mirror finish but it looks good to me!! will post pics of rear hub when that is done. Hopeing that my wheel will be done by the end of next week!!

ps the pic don`t do it justice it does have a good reflection!!

here try this!!

You might want to try Mothers Billet polish and a Mothers Power ball. I just finished my hub and it looks GREAT.

You guys are killing me!! My kids are gonna be eating road kill if you keep doing all your own mods. Keep up the good work.
    But PLEASE make sure you get someone that knows what they are doing to do the welding. And make sure you do regular inspections. Regardless of business, I don't want to hear of anyone getting hurt...or worse.
    "To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."