My 300 mod in progress - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 300 mod in progress

Quote Originally Posted by RAWONE View Post
    You guys are killing me!! My kids are gonna be eating road kill if you keep doing all your own mods. Keep up the good work.
    But PLEASE make sure you get someone that knows what they are doing to do the welding. And make sure you do regular inspections. Regardless of business, I don't want to hear of anyone getting hurt...or worse.

I totaly agree, I`m a certified welder so I was comfortable doing the swing arm mod myself BUT the wheel was just a bit out of my leage with the leath and run out and all so I just started calling around and asking question and found a machine shop about 100 miles away not much to look at but the work that comes out of there is top notch!! I did my homework there and hope that EVERYONE will do the same alum. is very tricky when it comes to welding it!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

No it does not look like and old Ford truck , YOU REALLY CANT EVEN SEE THE 5mm OFF SET TO THE RIGHT!!
    Life is what you make of it!

Default UPDATE

Well here is my baby as it sets now!! I have my I have my tornado Flutted covers installed, I`ve got my Raw Flat Zs on and wired up I have a litter socket instaled and a cheep mans junction box installed, my Metz 150 up front and my 2" riser extentions install and my levers and mirrors!! I`m as far as I can get at this moment without my rear wheel, and for those of you following this I don`t have my wheel yet, 7 weeks and counting!!! going to try to find another alternative but will have to do some calling around!! But here is what i`ve got so far!!! YEP it has been a very expensive off season so far!!! but I can see the end comeing!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I am far from a machinist so you can imagine that I would NEVER attempt to tackle such a job! I'll give you props buddy and best of luck in making your dream a reality!
    2007 M109R LE: Kuryakyn Scythe II Mirrors, Xtreme Revolutions Stage 3 Intake Kit, Xtreme Revolutions Floorboards, Rivco Tach Relocation Kit, Rivco Brake Pedal, RIS Designs Grille, Corba Fi2000 POWRPRO, Heal Tech SpeedoHealer, Heal Tech Gi-Pro, Back Off XP Module, Highway Hawk Taillight Cover, Swint LEDs, Greggs Side Cover Accents, Hard Krome 3" Big Straights Exhaust, Raw Design Storage Box, Suzuki Crash Bars, Suzuki Gel Seats, and much more

TTT

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

Still have the one I did.300 fit with little buff on tire edge. Years ago.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1466041374491.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	325249

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Air Ride, Irate Grill, LED turn signals,Trick True Fire paint with Dragons,Over 500 LEDS,TI Peg feelers, Freedom exhaust. Coastal Moto Chrome rim 10" 300 Avon, SUMO-X 26"Rim tire /Dam Guy's Custom Fender, Modded Swing arm, SUMO-X 9 Degree Triple trees.

Default Man you are a trooper!

Quote Originally Posted by jrrose69 View Post
    Well here is my baby as it sets now!! I have my I have my tornado Flutted covers installed, I`ve got my Raw Flat Zs on and wired up I have a litter socket instaled and a cheep mans junction box installed, my Metz 150 up front and my 2" riser extentions install and my levers and mirrors!! I`m as far as I can get at this moment without my rear wheel, and for those of you following this I don`t have my wheel yet, 7 weeks and counting!!! going to try to find another alternative but will have to do some calling around!! But here is what i`ve got so far!!! YEP it has been a very expensive off season so far!!! but I can see the end comeing!!!

I would love to see the how to once it's all done!

So as I understand you are keeping to OEM look right on the top of the tire and sounds like you are modifying the swingarm on the left side only from there some concerns about the tire looking offset from behind. Now the machine shop part, you said you are waiting on the wheel and I am just wondering are you going for an after market wheel or modifying in the machine shop the stock one. Please excuse me being completely lost as I just came accross the post and tried to read (skim) trough it.

I like the color of your bike too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dam Guy View Post
    Still have the one I did.300 fit with little buff on tire edge. Years ago.Click image for larger version. 

Bill, are there any issues with these modded swingarms? Im wanting to go ahead and do it given the fact that its a cheap way to go 300. I did post up another thread asking if there were any breakages etc or issues I should be wary of before undertaking the mod....
    Your feedback is appreciated, cheers, Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam Guy View Post

I would also like to hear if there's been any issues with this mod. Especially now that I've seen recent postings about the structural integrity of the Swampworks two piece swingarm. I'm wondering if this mod is actually safer than aftermarket? I'm running a 280 on a10" rim, would like to go 300 some day but safety is my main concern!

Debadged, Debeavered, Tach Relo, Custom faceplates, Stealth LED Turns, Gregg's Sidemount, Coastal Moto Wheels, 280mm, 2" Bones, Freedom P. Exhaust, Derby, Axle Spikes, Irate Grill, Chin Scoop, Croc Seat, Lots of Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by cdn109 View Post
    I would also like to hear if there's been any issues with this mod. Especially now that I've seen recent postings about the structural integrity of the Swampworks two piece swingarm. I'm wondering if this mod is actually safer than aftermarket? I'm running a 280 on a10" rim, would like to go 300 some day but safety is my main concern!
    I dont know of any of the ones i have done that have failed still going strong done severial of them not real sure how many but a lot lol