M109 Rider Forums banner

Custom Speedo Install How-To w/pics

24K views 44 replies 32 participants last post by  ANTIZ 
#1 ·
#3 ·
removing the dial is the worst part thought it was going to break as soon as it moved a little i pulled it with my fingers the rest was easy

#17 ·
Speedo

I have to get my bike through a SOVA test here in the UK. I need to get a replace my current Speedo with one marked accurately in MPH and KPH Could one of you kind gents who has replaced his speedo Post a Scan with dimensions if possible on here. I've checked out the customised speedos and they look great.

I'll probably order one soon. But gotta get this test out of the way first.

Thanks

#20 ·
I bought one of these and found it was of poor quality, I had to spend 10 minutes trimming it to make it fit, not to mention the numbers are very hard to read at night. Good idea but poor production, had also heard some dramas with copyright issues :dontknow:

#22 · (Edited)
The two speedo faces I ordered came in and were a breeze to install. I'm very happy with how they turned out. The Skull is the one i'm using currently and I can read it just fine at night. Actually after swapping out the plates, my speedo is more accurate than when it was stock according to my GPS.

#25 ·
I seen it lite up at night in you pic. BUT i've been told the speedo is HARD to see at night after the mod! TRUE of FALSE???

#26 ·
TRUE

The first one I purchased I had orange mph #'s & it was almost impossible to focus on my correct speed. I had another one made with white mph #'s and it is still hard to read at night. I even used some fine sandpaper to "thin" the plate, still no where close to the illumination of the original. BUT I have a SLAYER plate...when you are listening to Hell Awaits or Mandatory Suicide mph is not an issue. lol

#33 ·
you probably put the needle right on the zero. i think from memory you have to push it on just under the zero or just above it,cant remember now.
but i do remember i put mine on wrong as well and when you turn the key and the needle does the cycle it didnt go all the way.

#38 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.