Suzuki Demo Day

Thread: Suzuki Demo Day

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Default Suzuki Demo Day

I took a ride to Suzuki Demo Day. I went specifically to ride the Hayabusa. The Suzuki sign up clerk said that she could not let me ride the Busa because I had to ride a sports bike for three years continuously in order to qualify. So I signed up for the M109. One of the Suzuki reps said that if I could ride a M109 then the Haysbusa is no problem.

The ride was about 30 minutes thru a series of curves and straight aways to open her up. The riding position took some getting use to and added pressure on my wrist. The 2018 M109 shifts 1000x better than my 2008 M109. It was a great day!!
    Attachment 376082Click image for larger version.†

Name:	D2C7FF92-6D24-4223-9C15-2E14D5B244C6.jpg†
Views:	57†
Size:	94.5 KB†
ID:	376098

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    I took a ride to Suzuki Demo Day. I went specifically to ride the Hayabusa. The Suzuki sign up clerk said that she could not let me ride the Busa because I had to ride a sports bike for three years continuously in order to qualify. So I signed up for the M109. One of the Suzuki reps said that if I could ride a M109 then the Haysbusa is no problem.

The ride was about 30 minutes thru a series of curves and straight aways to open her up. The riding position took some getting use to and added pressure on my wrist. The 2018 M109 shifts 1000x better than my 2008 M109. It was a great day!!
    Attachment 376082Click image for larger version.†

Name:	D2C7FF92-6D24-4223-9C15-2E14D5B244C6.jpg†
Views:	57†
Size:	94.5 KB†
ID:	376098
    Sounds like a newer 9 is in your future dude. LOL

Did she not see you show up on an 109 or what!?

Jeesh...

~Brian

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sargeant002 View Post
    Sounds like a newer 9 is in your future dude. LOL

Did she not see you show up on an 109 or what!?

Jeesh...

~Brian

No sir, Orange is the fastest. Everyone noticed me riding up on Vitamin-C.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

No sir, Orange is the fastest. Everyone noticed me riding up on Vitamin-C.
    Whoot!

Went shopping for helmets today so it matches my 14' a little better.

Saw this 2018 today.

Sharp! I'd say she has a little Vitamin C in her.

~Brian II

Whoot!

Went shopping for helmets today so it matches my 14' a little better.

Saw this 2018 today.

Sharp! I'd say she has a little Vitamin C in her.

~Brian II

Just that small amount of Orange resulted in increased hp and torque.

Just that small amount of Orange resulted in increased hp and torque.
    Correct.

Now add stickers galore and smoke a Busa...take that silly Suzuki rep lady...

~Brian II

Correct.

Now add stickers galore and smoke a Busa...take that silly Suzuki rep lady...

~Brian II

Yes sir!! Especially after I rode 72 miles to the dealership to test ride the Busa.

Yes sir!! Especially after I rode 72 miles to the dealership to test ride the Busa.
    Nice!

Rode to a "local" Ducati / Suzuki Dealership here in VT the other day for an event. Maybe 42 miles one way. Not bad.

Next time I go there I'm going to try a Zero.

Tried a few Ducati's last year ending with the Diavel. Wasn't as impressed with them as I thought. In fact many things about them annoyed me to no end. Fun to test ride though. We get very few dealerships offering demo days here. So many I want to try just for the sake of trying them.

~Brian

Nice!

Rode to a "local" Ducati / Suzuki Dealership here in VT the other day for an event. Maybe 42 miles one way. Not bad.

Next time I go there I'm going to try a Zero.

Tried a few Ducati's last year ending with the Diavel. Wasn't as impressed with them as I thought. In fact many things about them annoyed me to no end. Fun to test ride though. We get very few dealerships offering demo days here. So many I want to try just for the sake of trying them.

~Brian

This is my second Suzuki demo day that I participated in. I missed out on the Zero and Yamaha demo days. I want to test ride the ZX14 next. The sport bikes guys were impressed with M109 today. Some said itís no old manís bike.

This is my second Suzuki demo day that I participated in. I missed out on the Zero and Yamaha demo days. I want to test ride the ZX14 next. The sport bikes guys were impressed with M109 today. Some said itís no old manís bike.
    Nice!

No, no it isn't. One of my friends has a ZX14. He might let me ride it if I asked. Sweet bike!

I really want to try some Indians and Triumphs. BMW's....hell all the bikes I possibly can.

~Brian

Nice!

No, no it isn't. One of my friends has a ZX14. He might let me ride it if I asked. Sweet bike!

I really want to try some Indians and Triumphs. BMW's....hell all the bikes I possibly can.

~Brian

I agree! I want to test ride all the bikes possible. One of my friends ride a Harley and won best dressed touring bike at the Harley bike show. I was sitting on a Harley in the showroom and the salesman walked up to me with the keys. I looked at the sticker $38K and said no thanks. He told me to ride it anyway but I declined. I may go back now.

I agree! I want to test ride all the bikes possible. One of my friends ride a Harley and won best dressed touring bike at the Harley bike show. I was sitting on a Harley in the showroom and the salesman walked up to me with the keys. I looked at the sticker $38K and said no thanks. He told me to ride it anyway but I declined. I may go back now.
    Do it!!!

$38K. C.V.O.!?!?

Sounds really nice.

I had a 2010 Fat Boy for a few years. Got the HD desire out of my system. LOL

I've also had a 2009 Shadow Spirit 750 and before that an 03' R6.

~Brian

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

LOL. got all my mods done yesterday and pulled up at a buddies shop today to show him the bike. There were some other guys there that work there. One said "what's that worth?" $30,000? I laughed and he started going higher every time I laughed to $50,000

He thought it was a Harley

Made me feel great and then told him I have about $10,000 into it LOL
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 05-12-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Sounds like a very good day. Unless you are just hooked on a suzuki product, I think you will be more than impressed with the zx14. I had an 06, and it was a lot more comfortable than the busa (JMHO), and had just as much power. Considering the 2012 and up ZX14 had more power, it should really be impressive.
    But you know what my choice of 2 wheeler would be. That's right, a 2nd. generation Vmax. It is somewhat of a cruizer, but with 197 hp. There is nothing to dislike about that (well, except for the looks). I have test ridden the Vmax 3 times, but now they do not even include them in the Yamaha tour.
    Name:  $_57c.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  69.9 KB

Canadian that is so about $7000 American

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Sounds like a very good day. Unless you are just hooked on a suzuki product, I think you will be more than impressed with the zx14. I had an 06, and it was a lot more comfortable than the busa (JMHO), and had just as much power. Considering the 2012 and up ZX14 had more power, it should really be impressive.
    But you know what my choice of 2 wheeler would be. That's right, a 2nd. generation Vmax. It is somewhat of a cruizer, but with 197 hp. There is nothing to dislike about that (well, except for the looks). I have test ridden the Vmax 3 times, but now they do not even include them in the Yamaha tour.
    Always loved the Vmax. But buddy of mine that had one said the gas tank is so small you can't go anywhere with it

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    LOL. got all my mods done yesterday and pulled up at a buddies shop today to show him the bike. There were some other guys there that work there. One said "what's that worth?" $30,000? I laughed and he started going higher every time I laughed to $50,000

Hahaha. That's great!

Had an older fellow ask me what kind of Harley mine was the other day. Asked my buddy on his 17' M109R ehat kind of Indian his was. Nice old fellow. A little absent minded however.

~Brian

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Always loved the Vmax. But buddy of mine that had one said the gas tank is so small you can't go anywhere with it
    From what I understand, the rang may be about 100 miles so. But considering I normally need to stop every 60-80 miles, that would be perfectly fine with me.

Do it!!!

$38K. C.V.O.!?!?

Sounds really nice.

I had a 2010 Fat Boy for a few years. Got the HD desire out of my system. LOL

I've also had a 2009 Shadow Spirit 750 and before that an 03' R6.

~Brian

I have nothing to lose except $38K if I buy it . The paint job and chrome was very eye catching.

Great job! I've got to get back on my mod plan.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Yes it was a good day. I like the looks of the Hayabusa vs the ZX14. Plus the 2008 Busa is Orange/Black combo to go along with my Orange 2008. A test ride on the ZX14 is next so look out! Ever since you test rode the Vmax, you've been hooked. It would not surprise me to see a Vmax in your garage next.