Thread: C109 Riders-How Many

Default C109R without baffles

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sJKEu51PyY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i4X1-zc2sA[/ame]

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default New C109 in NH

Hi, I just picked up a leftover 2008 C109RT this week. Blue and White 2 tone. Glad to have found this forum. My other bikes are a 2003 Buell Blast and (2) 1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxims. I get a lot out of the forums for my other bikes and look forward to learning about my new bike here. I have already picked up on some of the quirks of the C109RT like the box of rocks transmission and surging at various speeds. I will probably get to my 600 mile service in the next 2 weeks. Is there anything in particular that I should be paying attention to and making the service department aware of?

Thanks,

Rich in NH

Quote Originally Posted by pankyb1261 View Post
    Hi, I just picked up a leftover 2008 C109RT this week. Blue and White 2 tone. Glad to have found this forum. My other bikes are a 2003 Buell Blast and (2) 1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxims. I get a lot out of the forums for my other bikes and look forward to learning about my new bike here. I have already picked up on some of the quirks of the C109RT like the box of rocks transmission and surging at various speeds. I will probably get to my 600 mile service in the next 2 weeks. Is there anything in particular that I should be paying attention to and making the service department aware of?

Thanks,

Rich in NH
    Not really, the surging can be easily fixed by installing a controller. Don't baby it too much, but don't thrash it until you hit the 1,000 mark, then enjoy!
    2008 C109RT, Stage 3 Bully Controller, Performance Intakes, GMan Performance Exhaust, ATRE, High Performance 'GBat' Battery, GBushing Shifter Bushing, Handlebar Riser Extender, Corbin Heated Seats, Custom Leather Tank Guard / Fender Bra / Windshield Bag from GMan Industries!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

markysparky......... you in CapeTown!!!!!

Visited there for a couple years back in '04 and had a good time, nice country. You need to connect up with a Harold Wener in East London he has a sweet C109RT loaded with goodies, there's also Leon Olivier in JBurg who has many bikes and loves working on them.

Drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll send them your email addy so you guys can connect up. I know JBurg is a fer piece, but East London should be a decent days ride to check out a sweet C109RT.
    2008 C109RT, Stage 3 Bully Controller, Performance Intakes, GMan Performance Exhaust, ATRE, High Performance 'GBat' Battery, GBushing Shifter Bushing, Handlebar Riser Extender, Corbin Heated Seats, Custom Leather Tank Guard / Fender Bra / Windshield Bag from GMan Industries!

Welcome to the 109 world ! It's awesome ! A couple of things to watch out for that I learned the hard way , 1. when doing oil changes put the exact amout of oil the book says to put anymore will cause the oil puke ! follow the directions exactly on your oil changes trust me ! 2. When your speedo goes nuts and and then your bike goes dead , it's the rectifier ( I have the same c109rt that you have blue and white with red pin stripe) and my rectifier went out at 1700 miles found out it is a common problem for the 08 c109's .

colors don't matter I have the same bike, but it's black and gray. must have been a problem for the 08s. didn't have mine 24hs before the speedo did all sorts of stuff before it went dead. Dealer changed the rectifier and I haven't had any problems since.

Thumbs up

Very true colors dont matter , I think you are right it was the 08's ! Now thats they fixed mine i dont have any trouble with it now and I love it !

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pankyb1261 View Post

Thanks,

Rich in NH
    Hey Welcome Rich! GMan has some good things for the 109. I have most of it.
    The C109 is a great bike. After a while you'll be scraping the boards like the rest of us!!
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

Default Just joined the board

Hi All,

Another leftover 2008 here.

Got my Black/grey C109R/2 in mid late august. Broke it in with a road trip from Phoenix to Park City, UH. Love it! the extra weight over my VStar650 is great for longer rides.

Now I've got almost 8k miles on it and have added a few things - Rear floorboards and luggage rack for riding 2 up with my wife, Cobra Fatty bars and Foot pegs, throttle lock. Thinking about the TRE now, but it will be awhile before I have the extra scratch for a bully controller. So, no performance Mods yet.
    Already replaced the rear tire due to a nail though :/

All in all - love this bike!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Stypica View Post
    Hi All,

Another leftover 2008 here.

Got my Black/grey C109R/2 in mid late august. Broke it in with a road trip from Phoenix to Park City, UH. Love it! the extra weight over my VStar650 is great for longer rides.

Now I've got almost 8k miles on it and have added a few things - Rear floorboards and luggage rack for riding 2 up with my wife, Cobra Fatty bars and Foot pegs, throttle lock. Thinking about the TRE now, but it will be awhile before I have the extra scratch for a bully controller. So, no performance Mods yet.
    Already replaced the rear tire due to a nail though :/

All in all - love this bike!

Tom

'08 C/RT----- CLASSY, COMFORTABLE & CAPABLE
    Heading to the hills for a day of THROTTLE THERAPY is cheaper then an hour on the cuckoo couch

Stypica-
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

& have fun with it.
    Steve
    2008 C109R

aboard and .

Default My all new VLR1800.

My all new VLR1800.
    Just out of the box to my house.
    0 meters at odo.

Attachment 26979
    Last edited by victorr1; 12-01-2010 at 06:07 AM.

to the board
    &
    the brand spanking new C!

Heading to the hills for a day of THROTTLE THERAPY is cheaper then an hour on the cuckoo couch

You are gonna love the bike !

Quote Originally Posted by victorr1 View Post
    My all new VLR1800.
    Just out of the box to my house.
    0 meters at odo.
    Still has plastic on the seats, brand/brand new for sure!
    Looks liek yo won;t want to take it out anytime soon if the dirt on the sides of you car are any indication that there is salt/sand on the roads. You have snow on the roads?

Very Active Member

Hi, Everyone!

Picked up a new '09 last week of Sept, and managed to squeak about 1100 miles on before having to put it away about mid Nov. Looking forward to learning all about the bike, and adding a few things.

Hey it is nice to have another C from WI!! Welcome
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

Default Just got mine this past Friday!!

Brand New Leftover 08' from Cycleworld of Cherry Hill. Great deal at $7800 plus destination. Came out to $8450 out the door. Had to Uhaul it home to Long Island, NY - another $200 plus tolls and gas. Break in on Saturday and Sunday. Dumped the oil on Monday. First time I actually looked at the oil from a break in. I really thought the metal shards that people talk about were microscopic. But guess what, I had a clean container and I could clearly see the shiny and black metal flakes in the bottom of the container! About the size of a small splinter. So glad I subscribe to the "elaborate break in". I am a true believer after I saw this. Love this bike and glad to be part of this group!!! Happy Holiday!!!

Welcome you are gonna love that C when spring hits!

Welcome to the group ! You now have an awesome bike ! Enjoy and Merry Christmas to you and yours !

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Still has plastic on the seats, brand/brand new for sure!
    Looks liek yo won;t want to take it out anytime soon if the dirt on the sides of you car are any indication that there is salt/sand on the roads. You have snow on the roads?
    Thanksa lot to ALL welcome me.

Yes, there are a lot of snow in Moscow, Russia. I even cant drive-in my M into workshop without 1 manpower, just drifting at flat groomed snow. Now my M and C is in my garage.
    TV shows us much more snow in NY and over most territory of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by sbman View Post
    Hi, Everyone!

Picked up a new '09 last week of Sept, and managed to squeak about 1100 miles on before having to put it away about mid Nov. Looking forward to learning all about the bike, and adding a few things.
    welcome, you are gonna love ridng you 109
    2008 C109RT Black and Gray, g-man riser, shark sound system, cobra fatty bars, mutazu luggage rack, cobra light bar.

Thumbs up Howdy from Houston!

Hey 109 riders, great site! Glad to be apart of it.

Dannyboy

Very Active Member

Welcome aboard!

to the site......ride safe.
    'Kiwis can't fly....but they sure can ride'
    K-Drive Panniers, Suzuki Passenger Floorboards, Suzuki Passenger Backrest, Suzuki Rack, Suzuki Windshield and Lowers, Suzuki Lightbar, Suzuki Highway Bars, Grasshopper Rider Backrest, Kuryakyn Dually Highway Footpegs,Kuryakyn Marlin's Bullet Billet Clock, Garmin Zumo 660, Suzuki Tank Cover. Stebel Air Horn, Breakaway Cruise Control, Custom Rack, GIpro-ATRE. Kuryakyn Grips. Drilled Exhaust.

My turn, I picked up my left over 08 C109RT back in Sept, finally signed up for an account here.

I plan on adding a rack, GiPro with ATRE, throttle lock, 4500K HID for the headlight(leaving the light bar halogen). I want a tach, and I'm not sure about an Fi2000 or the Gman version the name slips my tongue atm. I don't need more "power" I just want a good ride and milage

My "History" is End of June I took a Rider training course, got my license mid July, picked up a Virago VX1100 as my starter bike. Wasn't bad I put on 3000Km in the first month, I found it small, so I added highway pegs and a throttle lock. Ordered a rack, grips, and integrated tail light and withing a week of ordering those(I didn't actually get them for close to 45days) I picked up the C109RT

I need to get used to the C I only got a short month of riding before winter set in, the Virago was/is very flickable I can scrape peg doing highway speeds going back and forth within my lane.

Sorry cell phone pics of the Virago.

Look at this auction. $7100 not a bad price for stock C.

Hi from Queensland australia owner of a 2010 c109r 26000 klm on it. Have not been able to ride last 3 months had knee rebuild after cr500 bite me. A new comer top site.