C109 Riders-How Many - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: C109 Riders-How Many

Default the tachometer works

Quote Originally Posted by mdean1962 View Post
    That's awesome. I really want a tach but you and Pamm are the only 2 that have successfully installed a tach. Everyone else has had problems.
    The tachometer works :-)

http://picasaweb.google.hu/GyurCI800...71880481750978
    http://www.m1800riders.hu//e107_file...752_kp_005.jpg
    http://www.m1800riders.hu//e107_file...752_kp_014.jpg
    Last edited by GyurCI800R; 06-12-2009 at 03:26 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'm a convert ... just sold my M and moved to a C (maroon). Standard OEM equipment but adding the Mutazu MU hardbags and Suk backrest in the near future so the wife will ride with me.
    Ride safe,

DARKSIDER-General Altimax HP 225/60R16, Corbin Fleetliners, Corbin Fairing, Long Ride Shields Windshield, Cobra Fatty Bars, Kuryakyn Switchblade Highway Pegs, Kuryakyn Grips, GI Pro ATRE, Cobra Passenger Boards, Cobra Light Bar, Nautilus Air Horn,

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey109 View Post
    I'm a convert ... just sold my M and moved to a C (maroon). Standard OEM equipment but adding the Mutazu MU hardbags and Suk backrest in the near future so the wife will ride with me.

Have you seen the Corbin's? They're $1700 but they are nice! You can fit a full-face helmet in them.
    109 is a good number...but John 3:16 is the number!
    Michael

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Have you seen the Corbin's? They're $1700 but they are nice! You can fit a full-face helmet in them.
    Just not sure I would drop $1700 on bags. I guess if I did a lot of traveling it would be the way to go ... trunk too. But I'm just 25 miles from work and the price was right on the Mutazu's.

But the corbins are great looking.
    Ride safe,

DARKSIDER-General Altimax HP 225/60R16, Corbin Fleetliners, Corbin Fairing, Long Ride Shields Windshield, Cobra Fatty Bars, Kuryakyn Switchblade Highway Pegs, Kuryakyn Grips, GI Pro ATRE, Cobra Passenger Boards, Cobra Light Bar, Nautilus Air Horn,

Default New from Canada

I traded an '84 V65 Magna, on my '08 C109RT, and after riding for the first thousand kms, (600 miles), I thoroughly love this new ride. I have found a few tiny issues, which this forum has addressed wonderfully. I am excited to be a part of this, and will post pics soon.

Quote Originally Posted by funbuster19 View Post
    I traded an '84 V65 Magna, on my '08 C109RT, and after riding for the first thousand kms, (600 miles), I thoroughly love this new ride. I have found a few tiny issues, which this forum has addressed wonderfully. I am excited to be a part of this, and will post pics soon.
    and !

I love the bike too!
    Maroon C109R
    Suzuki Sissy Bar, Saddlebags, and Lightbar, Memphis Fats Windshield and lowers, JSD-3M TRE, Kury ISO Grips, ISO-Pegs for Passenger, and Highway Bars (Longhorn Offset Mount), GBushing, Cobra Fatty Bars, Drilled Baffles in stock pipes, Corbin seat and Driver Backrest

Quote Originally Posted by funbuster19 View Post
    and on your new ride!

I just had my 4000 mile service done and requested synthetic oil. So far that has helped with some of the clunking when going from 1st to 2nd. The original help (big help) was GMan's GBushing! Love it!
    Michael

Default C109RT Owner

C109RT Owner In New Orleans, La. Added passenger floorboards, windshield bag, Kuryakyn grips with helmet lock end caps, and Ultimate seat.

Attachment 6968 Attachment 6969 Attachment 6970

and

Man that Ultimate Seat is really popular on this board. I may just have to get one.
    Maroon C109R
    Suzuki Sissy Bar, Saddlebags, and Lightbar, Memphis Fats Windshield and lowers, JSD-3M TRE, Kury ISO Grips, ISO-Pegs for Passenger, and Highway Bars (Longhorn Offset Mount), GBushing, Cobra Fatty Bars, Drilled Baffles in stock pipes, Corbin seat and Driver Backrest

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lawr1000 View Post
    and

Man that Ultimate Seat is really popular on this board. I may just have to get one.
    It is really popular with my butt too!!!
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

to all you c109 riders good to have on this forum with us, there are some really nice looking bikes.

Default 2008 C109

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0122.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	7040 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0126.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	7041 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0128.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	7042
    I trade my old Honda for a new C109, I love it. I install the Scorpion Exhaust pipe tips and the ultimate seats also I order some led lights from custom dynamics.
    Last edited by txman1961; 05-17-2009 at 09:45 AM.

I haven't seen anybody with the scorpion tips on a C109. How do they sound? a bit loud?

I also noticed your windshield. It's lower than mine and I was wondering how your head feels at highway speeds. Any buffetting?
    Maroon C109R

I haven't seen anybody with the scorpion tips on a C109. How do they sound? a bit loud?

I also noticed your windshield. It's lower than mine and I was wondering how your head feels at highway speeds. Any buffetting?

They sound very good and there were cheap too (200), I took me a week to put them on it was a little difficult but they look good too. the windshield it is short no buffetting, I never had a lg windshield so i am used to it.
    Last edited by txman1961; 05-17-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by txman1961 View Post
    I like to put one of those in my c109 was it difficult to do it and do they give you instructions on were to connect the wires?
    Sorry, I was not worth the question. :-(
    I tied it up according to the drawing.

Default Newbie!

Pick up my C109R on Saturday....Just like a kid a few days before Christmas!
    My wife asked me.."Why do you want a bike?"
    I said "Midlife crisis dear!"
    "Yes, but why a bike?"
    "Well.....I figure its both cheaper and safer than a mistress!....But I'll let you decide dear."

I got my bike
    Life begins at 40.....Bull s**t!!.....not until 140!

Thumbs up Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Reflecks View Post
    Pick up my C109R on Saturday....Just like a kid a few days before Christmas! ... I got my bike
    on your new ride. And to the forum. I bet it was hard to park your bike on Saturday, wasn't it? I love riding my C; fast and comfortable.
    Michael

Pick up my C109R on Saturday....Just like a kid a few days before Christmas!
    My wife asked me.."Why do you want a bike?"
    I said "Midlife crisis dear!"
    "Yes, but why a bike?"
    "Well.....I figure its both cheaper and safer than a mistress!....But I'll let you decide dear."

I got my bike

Default Two days to go!

Not that I'm counting......BUT!!!

I will post pics after Saturday when I pick up. No major mods yet, but the dealer threw in leather tank cover, passenger backrest and mounts and sadddle bag mounts. Any decent (and cheap) after market bags worth looking at?

on your new ride. And to the forum. I bet it was hard to park your bike on Saturday, wasn't it? I love riding my C; fast and comfortable.

Thanks mate....but I still have a cple days to wait...then I have a nice 150k ride back home from the dealer in Sydney.

Default Canadian C109'er

Hey,

We were here a year ago before there was alot on the site for the C109 and have been hanging out elsewhere since, but it's nice to see there's a community growing here.

We're roughly 2 weeks from our one year birthday of the Beast and just about 30,000 km on her in that year.

Default Need new pants!

Wow!..Picked up my new C109R on Saturday. My old bike is a Vstar Classic 650. Almost crapped my daks in the first few km! I spent the rest of the day wondering what the hell I was thinking!

Two days later I feel a lot better with it...What a beast. I figure I'll still scare myself silly on occassion but getting used to it.

The rear wheel steer I am getting used to and the low cornering clearance. Throttle twitchy at low speeds, but again, a matter of getting used to it.

Yeah...I love the bike!

Quote Originally Posted by DonNJane View Post
    Hey,

We were here a year ago before there was alot on the site for the C109 and have been hanging out elsewhere since, but it's nice to see there's a community growing here.

We're roughly 2 weeks from our one year birthday of the Beast and just about 30,000 km on her in that year.
    Welcome back! The C109 community is growing here but nothing compared to the M109. The guys on the "other side" seem to accept us though.

Where were you hanging out?
    Maroon C109R

Wow!..Picked up my new C109R on Saturday. My old bike is a Vstar Classic 650. Almost crapped my daks in the first few km! I spent the rest of the day wondering what the hell I was thinking!

Two days later I feel a lot better with it...What a beast. I figure I'll still scare myself silly on occassion but getting used to it.

The rear wheel steer I am getting used to and the low cornering clearance. Throttle twitchy at low speeds, but again, a matter of getting used to it.

Yeah...I love the bike!
    and
    After a bit of riding the bike will feel pretty comfortable. I still have to contend with the twitchy throttle but I think it has improved my control of the throttle since I can now go through a series of bumps and maintain the throttle position. Even dirt roads are easier now.

Putting on a TRE will make the bike even stronger in the lower gears (1-3) and raise the rev limiter in 5th. It can bring the "oh shat" feeling back when you get too comfortable.
    Maroon C109R

Default Gears??

Thanks lawr,

I do have a question regarding appropriate speeds for gear change. I don't believe the info in the manual. I understand that the motor and the gearbox still need to be run in, but it feels that the bike needs to run in a lower gear than I'd expect.

I have been running in 3rd gear when travelling at 60km/h and only going to 4th at about 80km/h. I don't even think about 5th until about 110...and then it feels like it may be too high a gear.

I will probably have a better feel once I put new pipes on. I found on my old bike that I had a good feel for engine speed by listening to the exhaust. On the C109, above 60kmh, the wind noise around my helmet drowns out the exhaust note so I have a poorer idea of how hard it is revving.

Dealer told me to avoid "luffing" the engine while I'm breaking it in, keep the revs up a bit.

I use 5th gear only when I´m driving 80km/h or more, I think that in lower speeds it´s way too big gear, also if there is high wind from forward 5th gear is useable from 100km/h...
    I drove last summer whitout no mods because there was about nothing in the marketing, but in this spring I added fuel management and TRE and now I´m smiling again with the performance!

Welcome back! The C109 community is growing here but nothing compared to the M109. The guys on the "other side" seem to accept us though.

Where were you hanging out?
    Another Boulevard forum which seems to have many of the same members.

Posts here mirror those there too!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 1800 View Post
    I use 5th gear only when I´m driving 80km/h or more, I think that in lower speeds it´s way too big gear, also if there is high wind from forward 5th gear is useable from 100km/h...
    I drove last summer whitout no mods because there was about nothing in the marketing, but in this spring I added fuel management and TRE and now I´m smiling again with the performance!
    The twitchy throttle is something you get used to and it goes away as you learn how much throttle to give.
    I don't shift to 5th until 110/110 kph and even then, by the time you hit 130+ you could almost use a 6th gear.

The one thing I will say is that at the higher speeds, if you're used to riding with the windshield, you'll be like a bobble head without it!

I've got nothing to prove to anyone and don't care if someone think's I'm a pu$$y for riding with the windshield. I ride too long and too hard not to.
    Some day when I'm a semi-retired biker, I'll get a bar hopper and do 2000 km a year while criticizing others.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNJane View Post
    I've got nothing to prove to anyone and don't care if someone think's I'm a pu$ for riding with the windshield. I ride too long and too hard not to.
    Some day when I'm a semi-retired biker, I'll get a bar hopper and do 2000 km a year while criticizing others.
    I must be a pu$$y too because I have one. I bought a Memphis Fats windshield thinking I would take it off from time to time but I never take it off.
    Maroon C109R

At the moment I am riding without a windshield...will see how I go. Day 4 of the new bike and starting to get more of a feel for it. Feathering the clutch when doing low speed cornering....seems to get rid of the twitching issue a lot.

LOVING this bike!!