M109 Rider Forums banner

C109 Riders-How Many

189K views 529 replies 214 participants last post by  mikewfate 
#1 ·
How many C109R or C109RT owners do we have as members now?
Here's mine.

See less See more
#84 ·
:welcome:

#92 ·
I'm a convert ... just sold my M and moved to a C (maroon). Standard OEM equipment but adding the Mutazu MU hardbags and Suk backrest in the near future so the wife will ride with me.

#95 ·
New from Canada

I traded an '84 V65 Magna, on my '08 C109RT, and after riding for the first thousand kms, (600 miles), I thoroughly love this new ride. I have found a few tiny issues, which this forum has addressed wonderfully. I am excited to be a part of this, and will post pics soon.:D:D

#96 ·
I traded an '84 V65 Magna, on my '08 C109RT, and after riding for the first thousand kms, (600 miles), I thoroughly love this new ride. I have found a few tiny issues, which this forum has addressed wonderfully. I am excited to be a part of this, and will post pics soon.:D:D
:congrats: and :welcome:!

I love the bike too!

#99 ·
:welcome: and :congrats:

Man that Ultimate Seat is really popular on this board. I may just have to get one.

#102 · (Edited)
2008 C109

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I trade my old Honda for a new C109, I love it. I install the Scorpion Exhaust pipe tips and the ultimate seats also I order some led lights from custom dynamics.
:p

#103 ·
I haven't seen anybody with the scorpion tips on a C109. How do they sound? a bit loud?

I also noticed your windshield. It's lower than mine and I was wondering how your head feels at highway speeds. Any buffetting?

#104 · (Edited)
I haven't seen anybody with the scorpion tips on a C109. How do they sound? a bit loud?

I also noticed your windshield. It's lower than mine and I was wondering how your head feels at highway speeds. Any buffetting?
They sound very good and there were cheap too (200), I took me a week to put them on it was a little difficult but they look good too. the windshield it is short no buffetting, I never had a lg windshield so i am used to it.

#106 ·
Newbie!

Pick up my C109R on Saturday....Just like a kid a few days before Christmas!
My wife asked me.."Why do you want a bike?"
I said "Midlife crisis dear!"
"Yes, but why a bike?"
"Well.....I figure its both cheaper and safer than a mistress!....But I'll let you decide dear."

I got my bike

#109 ·
Two days to go!

Not that I'm counting......BUT!!!

I will post pics after Saturday when I pick up. No major mods yet, but the dealer threw in leather tank cover, passenger backrest and mounts and sadddle bag mounts. Any decent (and cheap) after market bags worth looking at?

#111 ·
Canadian C109'er

Hey,

We were here a year ago before there was alot on the site for the C109 and have been hanging out elsewhere since, but it's nice to see there's a community growing here.

We're roughly 2 weeks from our one year birthday of the Beast and just about 30,000 km on her in that year.

#113 ·
Hey,

We were here a year ago before there was alot on the site for the C109 and have been hanging out elsewhere since, but it's nice to see there's a community growing here.

We're roughly 2 weeks from our one year birthday of the Beast and just about 30,000 km on her in that year.
Welcome back! The C109 community is growing here but nothing compared to the M109. The guys on the "other side" seem to accept us though.

Where were you hanging out?

#112 ·
Need new pants!

Wow!..Picked up my new C109R on Saturday. My old bike is a Vstar Classic 650. Almost crapped my daks in the first few km! I spent the rest of the day wondering what the hell I was thinking!

Two days later I feel a lot better with it...What a beast. I figure I'll still scare myself silly on occassion but getting used to it.

The rear wheel steer I am getting used to and the low cornering clearance. Throttle twitchy at low speeds, but again, a matter of getting used to it.

Yeah...I love the bike!

#114 ·
Wow!..Picked up my new C109R on Saturday. My old bike is a Vstar Classic 650. Almost crapped my daks in the first few km! I spent the rest of the day wondering what the hell I was thinking!

Two days later I feel a lot better with it...What a beast. I figure I'll still scare myself silly on occassion but getting used to it.

The rear wheel steer I am getting used to and the low cornering clearance. Throttle twitchy at low speeds, but again, a matter of getting used to it.

Yeah...I love the bike!
:congrats: and :welcome:
After a bit of riding the bike will feel pretty comfortable. I still have to contend with the twitchy throttle but I think it has improved my control of the throttle since I can now go through a series of bumps and maintain the throttle position. Even dirt roads are easier now.

Putting on a TRE will make the bike even stronger in the lower gears (1-3) and raise the rev limiter in 5th. It can bring the "oh shat" feeling back when you get too comfortable.;)

#115 ·
Gears??

Thanks lawr,

I do have a question regarding appropriate speeds for gear change. I don't believe the info in the manual. I understand that the motor and the gearbox still need to be run in, but it feels that the bike needs to run in a lower gear than I'd expect.

I have been running in 3rd gear when travelling at 60km/h and only going to 4th at about 80km/h. I don't even think about 5th until about 110...and then it feels like it may be too high a gear.

I will probably have a better feel once I put new pipes on. I found on my old bike that I had a good feel for engine speed by listening to the exhaust. On the C109, above 60kmh, the wind noise around my helmet drowns out the exhaust note so I have a poorer idea of how hard it is revving.

Dealer told me to avoid "luffing" the engine while I'm breaking it in, keep the revs up a bit.

#116 ·
I use 5th gear only when I´m driving 80km/h or more, I think that in lower speeds it´s way too big gear, also if there is high wind from forward 5th gear is useable from 100km/h...
I drove last summer whitout no mods because there was about nothing in the marketing, but in this spring I added fuel management and TRE and now I´m smiling again with the performance!

#118 ·
The twitchy throttle is something you get used to and it goes away as you learn how much throttle to give.
I don't shift to 5th until 110/110 kph and even then, by the time you hit 130+ you could almost use a 6th gear.

The one thing I will say is that at the higher speeds, if you're used to riding with the windshield, you'll be like a bobble head without it!

I've got nothing to prove to anyone and don't care if someone think's I'm a pu$$y for riding with the windshield. I ride too long and too hard not to.
Some day when I'm a semi-retired biker, I'll get a bar hopper and do 2000 km a year while criticizing others.
:bigthumbsup:

#120 ·
At the moment I am riding without a windshield...will see how I go. Day 4 of the new bike and starting to get more of a feel for it. Feathering the clutch when doing low speed cornering....seems to get rid of the twitching issue a lot.

LOVING this bike!!

#122 ·
Hi new bike 1700ks in three days
:congrats: on the new bike! and :welcome:.

I enjoy my C109 a lot but haven't taken a long ride yet.

#124 ·
Its nice to be here!!!

Hi,
I'm the proud owner of a new 2008 C109RT, navy blue and off white. What an incredible ride!!! Everyone who sees it comments on the rear tire...lol...and then the tank!!! Getting ready for a trip to Nova Scotia(I'm in Newfoundland) for a week or so with the mississ. Picked it up in Port Williams Nova Scotia mid March 09. Thanks to Kirk and the boys at Valley Yamaha Suzuki.
I would like to find a tow bar so I can tow a small trailer. I have not been able to source one anywhere. can any one help me. You can reply here or call me toll fee at 1-877-634-5152. I own a second hand store in Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada. Why not stop by and have a look. There you can learn a lot about what I do and who I am.
thanks for listening,
Rod Lyver
www.newtoyou.ca

#127 · (Edited)
Another C rider

Hey all ive had my C109r since march this year. I had a customised vtx1800 until a nimrod failed to see the stop sign and me heading home from work....
Anyway i hit him in the rear wheel and he killed the vtx, i knocked the diff out of his car, and he knocked me out..
After a concussion and a few days in hospital my insurance bought me a new C109r.. ended up buying it at the local Suzi dealer in Maryborough for $16950 (Australian $) on road... way cheaper than i could negotiate from any place in Brisvegas
Got a few thousand k's on it now and im enjoying it alot. Lots of fun in the traffic, but a bit heavy in the front in the carparks

.......By the way, thanks for the invite Moose, and great coffee

#129 ·
:congrats: on the new bike. Sorry about the old one. :welcome:to the forum.

Sounds like you were lucky the accident wasn't more serious.