M109 Rider Forums banner

C109 Riders-How Many

189K views 529 replies 214 participants last post by  mikewfate 
#1 ·
How many C109R or C109RT owners do we have as members now?
Here's mine.

See less See more
#47 ·
:welcome: all! I haven't had a chance to ride in the last two weeks and I'm starting to get the DTs.

#49 ·
I went for a ride today!!

Between the cold weather and tendonitis in my left shoulder, I haven't been able to ride for about 2 weeks. Well...the shoulder is feeling better and it got up to about 41 degrees; so hey...I was all over it!! :D

I only went out for about 50 miles but it was pure joy! I felt like a kid at Christmas time.

Anybody else get a chance to ride today?

#52 ·
Welcome!

#60 ·
Another C109 rider from South East Queensland here. I bought mine a few months ago, used (8000kms and 4 months old). Got an absolute bargain. I love this bike so much. Power, torque, size, beauty, nimbility (is that a word??:-\:p). This is by far the best bike I have owned.

I can't wait to do some mods. So far I have de-baffled the pipes and it sounds great. I have also installed a TRE. Next on my list is a Bully and a GBushing from Gman. I really want to get the most out of this bike so some advanced rider training is also on the cards (I think you can always improve your riding skills). I would really like a set of lowers so if anyone here knows where I can get some please let me know.

C109 is the BEST BIKE EVER!!!
:super::bigthumbsup:

#61 ·
Hey Hood

I'm in your part of the woods. Lowers can be got from the U.S, Memphis Shades sells them, but you can get them cheaper from some U.S online stores. I ordered a screen online and it turned up in a week. I got a 17" as I didn't like the look of the stock screen and I wanted to be able to see over it. It was from the Motorcycle Online Store. Accessories for the C109 are hard to source in Australia.
I have a TRE on the way from GMan.....Did you find a real difference with the bike after installing it?
When you de-baffled did it make any difference to the bike? Is it too loud? Fuel mixture balance affected?
I was contemplating drilling the holes, but not complete de-baffling.

Regards

#63 ·
I did few mods for my bike last weekend.
There´s also Gman´s TRE and "The Bully"
I´m going to do some debaffle in next weekend. There´s no rush to drive as you can see from these pics.
Your C109R is becoming a C109RT! :bigthumbsup:

I see the backrest, saddle bags, and headlight visor. Did I miss any mods?

Keep up the good work!!

#64 ·
There are a little visors in turn indicators and oil temperature gauge in oil dipstick but those are hard to see in these pictures.

I´m thinking about to add tachometer, but I´m not sure which one is going to work correct in these bikes?
I had one but it didn´t work right so I sold it to my friend.

#65 ·
Hi ya'll, from the south. I own a C109rt also. My bike is just like grandpatractors. I would like to know just where he got the tour pack from and does your wife like it over the stock backrest? My wife is just under 6' tall, and the RT is so big (WOW thats a damn big bike), when she sits back against the backrest, her knees just will touch my back, she feels disconnected from me and is a little scared. maybe the tourpack will add some comfort there. also. with the step in the seat and her height, she gets all of the wind in her face. she looks like a bobble head doll at interstate speeds. any ideas on what to do there? besides getting a shorter wife.lol.

#67 ·
Welcome jack, here is where I got the trunk from. I just bolted it to the stock luggage rack. the height of it worked out well for my wife and you should be able to move it fore and aft a bit to suit the passenger. I fabricated a bracket and moved the stock passenger rest ahead for my backrest. Although I ordered a new Ultimate seat today and that should be here in a few weeks.
http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=1&menu=DMY Trunk Series&s=prod.php

#69 · (Edited)
Add another to the list (me);) Is there an official count yet? It's cool to see all the C109 riders from all over the world on this forum. You guys need to post some pic's!

Here's mine.

Purple hellcat windshield
Suzuki crash bars
Big fat chrome skull footpegs
custom side mount plate holder with l.e.d
Power commander
Cobra dragsters
and handle bar tassles...I like to think of them as pasties:bigthumbsup:

#70 ·
I'm another C109 rider. I'm here in El Dorado Hills, CA. Just east of Sacramento. Bought mine about 1 year ago. Have about 5000 miles on the beast. No problems at all. Longest trip was a ride from here to Palm Springs, CA down hiway 395 through the mountains and desert. Great time. The bike hummed at 80 MPH like it wasn't even working.

#73 · (Edited)
I am new to this forum I am from Chesapeake VA this is my bike as it currently looks--

#77 ·
Gutting Stock Exhaust

Has anyone gutted their stock exhaust? If so, can someone let me know the best way to do this. I removed my upper pipe yesterday to take a closer look at it, fired up the bike and really liked the deep, loud sound it made. Obviously I can't ride around without the pipes and I've heard of people gutting their exhaust. Thanks.
Mariusz