C109 Riders-How Many - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: C109 Riders-How Many

Just got my C109r last night. Didnt get to ride today, but got some 100m yesterday. Love the bike!!!
    Just getting back into riding after 15y of break. Picked the biggest bike so it doesnt look like a bicycle with me on it (6`7")

Sorry for the night pic, haven`t taken it out again due to damn rain here. Hope to get some road under it next week!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_20171014_193900.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	360385  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very nice ride! I like that colour. It doesn't matter about the night pic, it looks awesome.
    I just had my stock exhaust cans shortened and rebaffled, and MATE does it sound good now. Really beasty sound.
    Here's a pic of the finished result. :-)
    (Before and after)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-09-15 09.20.26.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	360409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-10-10 16.06.18.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	360401

Quote Originally Posted by PinguWaaWaa View Post
    Very nice ride! I like that colour. It doesn't matter about the night pic, it looks awesome.
    I just had my stock exhaust cans shortened and rebaffled, and MATE does it sound good now. Really beasty sound.
    Here's a pic of the finished result. :-)
    (Before and after)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-09-15 09.20.26.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	360409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-10-10 16.06.18.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	360401
    Hey that looks sweet! I like the better sound part. I don`t want to put an aftermarket just yet because of the neighborhood i live in at the moment, but would be interested in doing this. What`s involved in this type of job? I know you are in NZ but what would something like this typically run?

First thing i`m doing is handle bar grips, a HID kit, and (i absolutely hate the week bulb this awesome headlight has) and i ordered a set of viking hard saddle bags. Than gonna take it easy after that :)

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default New member - Just bought my C109

Hello everyone,
    I just got what I think is a smoking deal! A red/black 2009 C109RT with 4673 miles on it for $5800!!! I've only driven it about 150 miles due to the crappy weather here in western PA now heading into winter, but I love it! It's all stock for now, but not for long.
    I do have a question though. I'm considering the investment into an OEM lightbar (oneidasuzuki.com), and I was wondering if the light bulbs themselves are replaceable, or are the light pods themselves the sealed beam type. I know no one anywhere near me who has one, so I can't see one up close. Any help is appreciated. Pics coming soon when it stops raining

Default New Member

I just picked up my 2009 C109RT a couple months ago. It only had 8400 miles and looks mint. I can't understand only averaging less than a thousand miles a year. I've already put my first thousand on it. Many more to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171015_185341.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	361833  

Quote Originally Posted by Axelon50 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I just got what I think is a smoking deal! A red/black 2009 C109RT with 4673 miles on it for $5800!!! I've only driven it about 150 miles due to the crappy weather here in western PA now heading into winter, but I love it! It's all stock for now, but not for long.
    I do have a question though. I'm considering the investment into an OEM lightbar (oneidasuzuki.com), and I was wondering if the light bulbs themselves are replaceable, or are the light pods themselves the sealed beam type. I know no one anywhere near me who has one, so I can't see one up close. Any help is appreciated. Pics coming soon when it stops raining
    I have the C109RT with the stock lightbar. The two spots have H3 halogen bulbs in them. I hope that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by ZukiTuck View Post
    I just picked up my 2009 C109RT a couple months ago. It only had 8400 miles and looks mint. I can't understand only averaging less than a thousand miles a year. I've already put my first thousand on it. Many more to come.
    I like the colour on your bike, very nice....... and I LOVE your saddle! I want!!! - lol

Quote Originally Posted by mist82 View Post
    Hey that looks sweet! I like the better sound part. I don`t want to put an aftermarket just yet because of the neighborhood i live in at the moment, but would be interested in doing this. What`s involved in this type of job? I know you are in NZ but what would something like this typically run?

First thing i`m doing is handle bar grips, a HID kit, and (i absolutely hate the week bulb this awesome headlight has) and i ordered a set of viking hard saddle bags. Than gonna take it easy after that :)
    Thanks man. I had one of my engineer friends sort me out there. He cut 30cm out of one and 40cm out of the other. He gutted the remaining baffles, and designed a new insert for each pipe that has a 50mm hole up the centre plus "cheese grater" holes in the baffle. It's quite loud now, but I love it that way. It's quite deep when idling and cruising, but has a lovely throaty bark when the power is applied. It certainly turns heads.
    It's not as loud as some of the aftermarket pipes around (straights etc) but I didn't want it to be obnoxious. It certainly SOUNDS like an 1800cc now. :-)
    My friend was kind enough to do this for me for free! (I'm so fortunate).
    It didn't take him long either. Apparently just a short afternoon's work! (I know it would have taken me AAAAAAAGES..... haha)

I have the C109RT with the stock lightbar. The two spots have H3 halogen bulbs in them. I hope that helps?
    Yes it does. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Axelon50 View Post
    Yes it does. Thanks a lot!
    You're very welcome. :-)

FIVE DOLLARS!!!! <holds out hand expectantly>

lol

You're very welcome. :-)

FIVE DOLLARS!!!! <holds out hand expectantly>

lol
    LOL !! The reason I ask is when I get it, I'm going to change the H3 incandescent bulbs for LED's and if it is the sealed beam type, that wouldn't be possible.....that, and I don't want to modify the windshield or anything just to have a lightbar.

P.S. Five dollars won't even buy a pack of cigs anymore!