C109 Riders-How Many - Page 15
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: C109 Riders-How Many

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames View Post
    Guess I am here to stay a while too now :)
    All stock.
    Windshield, sissy, rear saddle and two bags/racks removed.
    One Mean Clean Machine!
    :)

Attachment 89530
    'Kiwis can't fly....but they sure can ride'
    K-Drive Panniers, Suzuki Passenger Floorboards, Suzuki Passenger Backrest, Suzuki Rack, Suzuki Windshield and Lowers, Suzuki Lightbar, Suzuki Highway Bars, Grasshopper Rider Backrest, Kuryakyn Dually Highway Footpegs,Kuryakyn Marlin's Bullet Billet Clock, Garmin Zumo 660, Suzuki Tank Cover. Stebel Air Horn, Breakaway Cruise Control, Custom Rack, GIpro-ATRE. Kuryakyn Grips. Drilled Exhaust.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I just bought a 2008 c109r last Saturday. I am glad that this forum exists because I have found forums to be a wealth of knowledge. I will hopefully find out everything I want to know about my new bike here. I know I will probably take some heat for this, but this is my first bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher H View Post
    I just bought a 2008 c109r last Saturday. I am glad that this forum exists because I have found forums to be a wealth of knowledge. I will hopefully find out everything I want to know about my new bike here. I know I will probably take some heat for this, but this is my first bike.
    Congrats!! You're right, the "C" is a lot of bike for a first time bike. My first street bike was a 550, then an 850, then an 1100 and then my "C". That's over a period of 30+ years.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I was looking for a solution to the "FI" warning I was getting and found it here! I am happy I joined, excited to learn from others and excited to share what I know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E.S.Boyd's Camera 001.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	90527  
    2008 C109R with genuine Suzuki Highway Bars, Passenger Floorboards, Backrest, Luggage Rack, and Tank Protector. Memphis Shades windshield, GMan Bar Riser Block, Shark 250w Cycle Audio, Saddleman Bags, Tourmaster Soft Trunk, Throttle Lock, Skeleton Hand Mirrors, Skull Billet Radiator Protector, Hard Krome 2 into 1 Sideburner Exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Fuel Processor, and my Lovely Wife!

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    Congrats!! You're right, the "C" is a lot of bike for a first time bike. My first street bike was a 550, then an 850, then an 1100 and then my "C". That's over a period of 30+ years.
    Man, you have a C109 for your first bike. There is no where to go now but down. You have started with the best, congratulations and take care mate. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378541878.459554.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	90534
    I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!

I haven't had a chance to ride much since I got it because two days after getting my bike, my daughter was born. I've gone for a few rides just around the neighborhood getting used to turning and slow speed maneuvers, and while it can be a bit intimidating, I am really glad I didn't let the dealer talk me in to a smaller bike. For now, I will be practicing and improving my riding, and picking through the forum to get answers to questions like accessories and maintenance, but I hope to possibly provide some answers after I become more experienced.

Default pic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lvcb.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	110129
    2010 (first reg Feb '13)

This is my girl,love it,love it,love it.

Name:  Image004.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  74.0 KB
    Name:  013.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  57.2 KB
    Last edited by gazzar; 04-18-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Default Hi I just joined my hubby got me a C109RT for Christmas

Hi glad to join yall here...Im a new rider and a new C109RT owner...I love it!
    Look forward to learning alot about the bike and sharing experiences.
    My husband rides an awesome Triumph Rocket III 2300cc.. now I can kinda keep up lol

Name:	20131209_141806.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	121569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131209_141834.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	121577  
    Last edited by GlamourGirl; 12-10-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Default Bought my 2008 C109RT in November

C109 Rider here in Orlando!

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Knight View Post
    C109 Rider here in Orlando!
    Welcome Ken. Lot's of good info here on this forum. Many knowledgeable people to help if you have any questions.
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

Hi from Russia!
    3 years i ride on VLR1800T (C109)
    Thats my video, end 2013 year season:

My name is Gary. Riding since the 70's. I've had my c109 for almost a year. Almost long enough to get most of what I want to do to it done. Great bike.

Default Hello From France...

Good morning. My name is Pascal. My friends call me L'Ours (The Bear).
    I am French, I live in Mulhouse in eastern France. I do not speak your language well. Google is creating for me .... I drive C109R for 4 years. Pure bliss, this moto.Bye.

Name:	Photo0083.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	159161

Red face My Ride

2008 C109R, bought it last year with 5000 miles on it. 14000 on it now!

Name:	PICT1041.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	159281  

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Cruiser View Post
    My name is Gary. Riding since the 70's. I've had my c109 for almost a year. Almost long enough to get most of what I want to do to it done. Great bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by L'Ours (The Bear) View Post
    Good morning. My name is Pascal. My friends call me L'Ours (The Bear).
    I am French, I live in Mulhouse in eastern France. I do not speak your language well. Google is creating for me .... I drive C109R for 4 years. Pure bliss, this moto.Bye.

Name:	Photo0083.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	159161
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter_47443 View Post
    2008 C109R, bought it last year with 5000 miles on it. 14000 on it now!

Welcome guys. It's good to see some more owners checking in. I'm on my second C109.
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

Default My C109RT

Bought this one in 2010 new (but is a 200 took me two years to add about $4500 worth of stuff. Only thing missing right now is GMan's exhaust then I'm done. Put 12000 miles on it so far and have enjoyed every one of them.

Name:	C109RT 04 2014 crop.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	165666  

Default Greatings from Cairo .. Egypt ...

i'm a new C109rt owner ... just brought it a month ago , running 6600 mile imported from the US ... very happy and glad with my new ride ... looking to learn more about my bike mod.'s and accesories ... thnx and respect from Egypt
    Respect from Egypt ..... Shadows MC Egypt ... C109rT 2008 B&G ... Hard krome 3" duel shoots exhust, Cobra fatty highway bars, Kuryakyn Iso Grips, Kuryakyn cruiser pegs, Gman Bully .. looking for more mods and customs

Just bought an 08 C109RT 7000km unmodified bike! Had first real ride today and fell in love. Been looking at this site for a while, figured now I should sign up!!

Default Greetings from Colorado

I got my c109rt last year and Im extremely happy with it.

everyone.
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

I'm thinking about a new paint scheme for my bike. I have not seen (but one) bike (C109R) that has been repainted front to back in a different color (other then black & burgundy).

Did anyone else repaint their entire bike in a different color?

Very Active Member

Bought an '08 C109R about 3 weeks ago but haven't time to ride it much. Still trying to get used to the size. A lot bigger than my old Honda Shadow 1100.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride, she is a sweet bike.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rob67gmc View Post
    Bought an '08 C109R about 3 weeks ago but haven't time to ride it much. Still trying to get used to the size. A lot bigger than my old Honda Shadow 1100.

Quote Originally Posted by rob67gmc View Post
    I went from a 98 Shadow Spirit 1100 to a 89 Kawi EX500, then to my 2011 M109R LE. The dealer wouldn't let me test ride it. So the first ride out of the parking lot was tricky with salesmen watching (felt like the first time backing a boat in to the lake with all the people on the dock watching). I did fine though. Just ride it. It's the only way to get used to it.

Very Active Member

Mine was an '85, first year for the 1100. It was a great bike. Rode it for nearly 20 years before the 3rd gear synchronizers went out.

Here is a new member of this forum, owner of a 2.010' C 109, at the northwest of Spain, in Europe ( here it's called Intruder C 1800). I bought it one year ago and till the same moment I owned it, I felt this was THE BIKE (... no one more bike). Before, I was the owner of a Yamaha XVS 1.100, and before it, a Honda VT 600 (Shadow).

I hope I can contribute at least as the forum have learn me things about this bike.

Here you have a photo as I have dressed my bike. I hope you like it.

My best regards for all of you and have good routes there where you were.

Name:	Moto en Vivero.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	207609
    The ability to survive is the ability to adapt oneself to the evironment. Be a wolf inside, free and wild, even you must show as a lamb.

Welcome and nice ride, friend.

Sent from a place far far away
    using Tapatalk
    I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!

Default New C109RT owner

I don't have any pics yet but I bought my 2009 C109RT back in November 2013. I owned a M90. Me an My wife rode to Charlotte and decided to stop at Charlotte power Sports and they had a New old stock (0 miles) C109RT for $12,000. I traded that day and I have not regretted the it yet, love the bike. I have put close to 10,000 miles on it in 8 months. I took it to the Dragons Tail with my wife, was so much more comfortable for long distant rides over my M90. Handling was different but I am 50 now and my shoulder is not what it used to be and the C109RT is so much more comfortable. Long story short, I LOVE MY C109RT!!!!

Welcome to the Group, the C109 is a great bike and a lot of fun to ride.
    A good upgrade to help with the comfort is chaning out the Stock Seat to a Corbin, Ultimate, or Mustang. They are all good seats and is realy a personal choice as to which one, and add a backrest for the driver :)
    The wife will love the added padding for the backseat as mine does over the stock seat.
    Gman (www.gmanindustries.com) sells a good extension for the handle bars that may make your ride more comfortable then it already is :)
    If you want to improve performance take a look at the other things Gary offers on his site and look around the fourm there is a lot of info on the bikes and the upgrades. I'm currently in Greensboro, NC working.
    The Dragon was fun but I enjoyed the Moonshiner 28 and Snake (421) better.
    Keep the Shiny side up and the rubber down.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by sfcblake View Post
    I don't have any pics yet but I bought my 2009 C109RT back in November 2013. I owned a M90. Me an My wife rode to Charlotte and decided to stop at Charlotte power Sports and they had a New old stock (0 miles) C109RT for $12,000. I traded that day and I have not regretted the it yet, love the bike. I have put close to 10,000 miles on it in 8 months. I took it to the Dragons Tail with my wife, was so much more comfortable for long distant rides over my M90. Handling was different but I am 50 now and my shoulder is not what it used to be and the C109RT is so much more comfortable. Long story short, I LOVE MY C109RT!!!!