C109 Riders-How Many - Page 10
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: C109 Riders-How Many

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuttsc109r View Post
    Hi from Queensland australia owner of a 2010 c109r 26000 klm on it. Have not been able to ride last 3 months had knee rebuild after cr500 bite me. A new comer top site.

A horse bites you, so you get a bigger horse! Welcome aboard!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sbman View Post
    A horse bites you, so you get a bigger horse! Welcome aboard!
    Agreed, a bigger steed is always the way to go. Now who said bigger isn't always better. Welcome!
    Last edited by Bossmav; 02-02-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    On the C109 (current work in process)
    HK Siderburners, Edelbrock Intake, G-Man TRE and Bushing, Cobra Fatty Bars and floor boards, Cobra FI2000R, Drag specialties tach, House of Kolor Purple Black Marblized Paint, 10K HID system, Kuryaken ISO grips, Throttle Boss and lock, Polished Forks, Led Turn Signals, 6 inch bar risers,Mustang classic seat, Suki bags and backrest.

Default Thanks Lamont

We appreciate all you guys do for us riders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    How about I give you guys your own board here?
    2007 M109R le, lots off custom acces.
    2009 C109RT, Cobra exhaust, TRE, Shark stereo, Ultimate Seats, If you haven't tried them...treat yourself.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Black C109RSE

The C109R is a great ride ,Got mine in the spring enjoyment all summer and fall put away Dec 18 2010 . Many questions and answers found on these forums

Just joined have pics soon

Just joined the forum after googling for exhaust mods. I have 2008 blue/white C109RT I bought new in May 2009 and have @6k miles on it now. I used Pamms diagrams to drill 1/2" holes in the backplates. That sounded better but wasn't aggressive enough for me. I decided to drill a 1/2" hole through the center pipes and that really did it for me. The only mods so far: OEM light bar, highway bars, and luggage rack/back rest. I just ordered the Breakaway cruise control from Direct Line Parts. Those Ultimate seats are looking good too. :)

I also ride a 2005 GSX1300R 'Busa I bought new I April '05 with 16k miles on when I feel the need for speed.

I'm located in the Houston, TX area so I ride all year round. I'm looking forward to getting more ideas for mods to my 109. :)

I'll try to send pics soon.

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

Welcome
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

Default Newbie

Just bought a new red/black 2009 C109RT today. This culminates almost 50 years of ridding - owned Triumph Bonneville, Norton Commando, Honda CB 900, Yamaha FJ 1200, Honda Valkyrie just to name a few. Each had its own virtues but I think (with more than a little bias) that this machine has the best overall quality (of course I haven't ridden yet since it has been -20 degrees lately).

As I put the miles on it this year I'll see if my initial observations are right! Looking forward to learning from you all about this fine machine!

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post
    Just bought a new red/black 2009 C109RT today. This culminates almost 50 years of ridding - owned Triumph Bonneville, Norton Commando, Honda CB 900, Yamaha FJ 1200, Honda Valkyrie just to name a few. Each had its own virtues but I think (with more than a little bias) that this machine has the best overall quality (of course I haven't ridden yet since it has been -20 degrees lately).

As I put the miles on it this year I'll see if my initial observations are right! Looking forward to learning from you all about this fine machine!
    Welcome!
    I've got about 40,000 miles on mine. You're gonna have fun.
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

Default C109RSE owner

Good place to find Information on the 09

Joined the forum a few days ago. I'm located about 20 miles north of Aberdeen in Scotland,

I got my C109RT in December it was 2 years old with only 500 miles on the clock
    go a full 2 year service don on her and she runs like a dream

Have now fitted a GMan BUlly and Cobra Speedster pipes along with the O2 sensor things,.

still have the FI light on but have got to find where the Dealer mods bit is on the C the black and white plugs don't appear to be int he same place as on the M ride.

I wanted to retain the big backrest on the bike but also wanted to fit my GIVI box from my last bike the VL1500 so got a stainless steel plate made and extended the carrier to take the box and allow me to open the lid whilst stil having the brake lights working on the GIVI box,.

Got 1inch riser extenders to fit but having problems getting the riser bolts out due to the amount of locktite that Suzuki uses when putting the bike together originally. perciverance is a must with this one.,

Anyways glad I've found you lads as looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing and has done. there is certainly lots of reading here .
    I noticed the Recall notice so will have to check it out to make sure that the the bike has not been recalled over here in Scotland,

so ride safe and catch ye in the forum

best regards
    Mike

Smile New C109R owner

Hey, just bought one yesterday...by the time I got it away from the Dealer it was 5:00pm, freezing outside, so I rode straight home and parked it in the shed with all of 30 miles on it so far! Ha! It's a "new" 2008 leftover that I got a great deal on, so I traded my GSX650f in on it. Now talk about a world of difference in bikes....I've owned just about everything in the 40+ years of riding but never went from one extreme (light & agile to heavy & cumbersome) to the other...but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough.

Default New member

Hello all! I just joined last weekend and am glad there is a forum for us as we are a small group.

I have the silvergray/black 08 109. Bought it here in Killeen in 09 and got to ride it as Road Captain in the big Fort Hood III Corps Phantom Thunder II ride shortly after. Went from a C50 that I just loved but was unhappy with carrying a passanger on for lack of power and brakes with the extra weight.

The things I like are the mass power and braking, but it has taken a while to get used to as I just got it broke in and deployed to Iraq, then had to get used to it all over again when I got back. I have added the GMAN TRE, shifter bushing and Bully controller (to get rid of the lean surge issues). I also got a big kick out of parking next to the big Harleys and making them look small!!!!!

Changing and checking the oil is probably my least favorite things about the 109, but I like it so much I'll put up with the crazy proceedure.

Eventually I will probably go to a 2 into 1 exhaust so I can hard bag the bike because for trips with the wife the stock bags just aren't big enough. The wife thinks a Insta-trike kit is in our future because of my back but we'll burn that bridge when we cross it. I have also considered the black hypercharger kit. Has anyone out there mounted one?

Well, glad we have a group here to be in contact with.

Welcome guys!
    You should check out this thread and see of you can make it. It is a good time!

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131373
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

This is General John from South Africa, M109 rider, yes you guys DO belong here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamm R View Post
    I'm a C109rt Owner too

The Mid Atlantic Meet sounds like a good time, unfortunately I'll be retiring from active duty right about that time and starting a new job.

Are there any other C/M gatherings in the Texas area that might be closer?
    "The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles."

I Love my C109RT. I hope I can add the new gear indicator for the M109's to my C109. That's something I always loved about my past Suzuki streetbikes.
    I'll get some pics up today.

and compared to my Yamaha Grizzly 700 before I sold my Grizzly.

Last edited by silveradols; 04-12-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Very Active Member

Default george

2 yr c109rt owner

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Hello all! I just joined last weekend and am glad there is a forum for us as we are a small group.

I have the silvergray/black 08 109. Bought it here in Killeen in 09 and got to ride it as Road Captain in the big Fort Hood III Corps Phantom Thunder II ride shortly after. Went from a C50 that I just loved but was unhappy with carrying a passanger on for lack of power and brakes with the extra weight.

The things I like are the mass power and braking, but it has taken a while to get used to as I just got it broke in and deployed to Iraq, then had to get used to it all over again when I got back. I have added the GMAN TRE, shifter bushing and Bully controller (to get rid of the lean surge issues). I also got a big kick out of parking next to the big Harleys and making them look small!!!!!

Changing and checking the oil is probably my least favorite things about the 109, but I like it so much I'll put up with the crazy proceedure.

Eventually I will probably go to a 2 into 1 exhaust so I can hard bag the bike because for trips with the wife the stock bags just aren't big enough. The wife thinks a Insta-trike kit is in our future because of my back but we'll burn that bridge when we cross it. I have also considered the black hypercharger kit. Has anyone out there mounted one?

Well, glad we have a group here to be in contact with.
    I have the 2into1 Velocity Pro Lites exhaust on my C109RT. I love the exhaust. I don't know of any trike kits for the C109RT yet. What is the black hypercharger?

Hi. I live in Poland. I bought my bike in February 2010 in the Dallas area and brought to the Polish. Super machine. For three months I can not ride. 4 days ago I went ACL knee operations. Greetings to all owners of C109.

Last edited by Javol1; 04-15-2011 at 09:21 AM.

I've been a member for a year now with my M109R. Now I have put a deposit to hold a new 2008 C109R. When I get home from work, I will get to finalize the deal. Then have to wait for it to get shipped from Florida.

Ya'll are gonna love the C 109 I have had mine for 2 years now and still love it ! She turns heads no matter where we go !
    Mods Cobra fatty's, Highway pegs , TRE, G-Man shifter bushing, Roadburner 3" stepped drag pros chrome, Cobra 2000 FI controller, Blue L.E.D. accent lgiths, EZ Kruz, Grasshopper Drivers Back Rest. more to come !

Quote Originally Posted by Javol1 View Post
    Hi. I live in Poland. I bought my bike in February 2010 in the Dallas area and brought to the Polish. Super machine. For three months I can not ride. 4 days ago I went ACL knee operations. Greetings to all owners of C109.

We have the same color bike......

Very Active Member

having one made (stainless) for around $200.00 try google (DENRAY)QUOTE=Rod Lyver;1106317]Hi,
    I'm the proud owner of a new 2008 C109RT, navy blue and off white. What an incredible ride!!! Everyone who sees it comments on the rear tire...lol...and then the tank!!! Getting ready for a trip to Nova Scotia(I'm in Newfoundland) for a week or so with the mississ. Picked it up in Port Williams Nova Scotia mid March 09. Thanks to Kirk and the boys at Valley Yamaha Suzuki.
    I would like to find a tow bar so I can tow a small trailer. I have not been able to source one anywhere. can any one help me. You can reply here or call me toll fee at 1-877-634-5152. I own a second hand store in Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada. Why not stop by and have a look. There you can learn a lot about what I do and who I am.
    thanks for listening,
    Rod Lyver
    www.newtoyou.ca[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    We have the same color bike......
    Yes, we have the same color and this is the most beautiful color .... Your bike has more additional pieces of equipment ... it is great!. In Poland hard to buy additional accessories to the engine, everything is very expensive. I bought this motor C109RT in the states and with the arrival of the Polish total cost $ 10,000. Poland and Suzuki dealer costs $ 20,000 is very expensive.
    And this is my first motorcycle suzuki VL800. Also bought in America and imported into Polish.

Regards from Polish
    Last edited by Javol1; 04-16-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wizoffoz View Post
    hi just to let you know im around and love my bike and yes stock but am thinking of running some bullet lights under running boards this is a great site so much information. so yep feel free to hit me up for a chat
    My c109RT is the same color as yours. Color doesn't matter to me either, I just like it when I see a bike that's the same color.
    Last edited by silveradols; 04-21-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: additional information

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    I have the 2into1 Velocity Pro Lites exhaust on my C109RT. I love the exhaust. I don't know of any trike kits for the C109RT yet. What is the black hypercharger?

silveradols,

I found a blacked out Hypercharger kit on the Thunder MFG site http://www.thundermfg.com/store/inde...duct_list&c=66
    Pricey, but since I'm heading to more blacked out look, they will fit in with a black exhaust.

TowPac makes a detatchable trike? kit that runs pretty reasonable for our bikes.
    http://www.towpacusa.com/

With my back deteriorating after too many deployments, I'm thinking it'll be the way to go eventually. I think they also offer a electric reverse kit as well.
    Cool part is it's detatchable with basic hand tools.
    "The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles."

Default Tow Hitch

George try this link for a hitch for the c109
    http://hellrisercustoms.com/bikes/m1...t/Hitch-Towbar

I got one Pics comin later

Mods Cobra fatty's, Highway pegs , TRE, G-Man shifter bushing, Roadburner 3" stepped drag pros chrome, Cobra 2000 FI controller, Blue L.E.D. accent lgiths, EZ Kruz, Grasshopper Drivers Back Rest. more to come !