M109 Rider Forums banner

Did a bit of work on the 9 this past weekend

591 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  07black109 
#1 ·
Me and Vinny did some work on the girl this past weekend. I had the holley intakes, jsd, and the hard krome american classics prior to this weekend. I also had the original plugs in it. Well, after realizing that I made a mistake, and overfilled it, I decided to take it down and do some work. I went to the stock intakes again (thanks vinny), put the brand new colder ngk plugs in it, and also put the jsd back on it. I had taken it off because i was worried about running lean.

Well, let me tell ya. The bike acts like it should again. I was getting alot of front engine popping, etc with those intakes. Im sure they do great after a tune, but man, without one, it just didnt seem like my 9. So, now, I am running the hk american classics, the jsd, colder plugs, and the stock intakes. I am also sure the bike was running lean in the front, because my spark plugs were white/grey looking where the ones in the rear were black and smelling of fumes..

So, just to add to what everybody thought, dont run the intakes and exhaust without a tune. It just runs lean in the front, and could do some damage to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.