New to the area.

Thread: New to the area.

Default New to the area.

Just Moved to Northern V.A. 9riders let me know what's up. My bike does not come off the truck until the 15th with the rest of our stuff. But would like to hook up for a few rides with the local fellas.
    Clear tall Vstream / OEM Black Engine guard / PowrPro Black / REVO 6" Bass Cannon/ Some 9 L.E.D.s / Revo Rear cowl LED / Swampwork LED Rear turn signals / Corbin Seat. / Airnott Air Ride / Revo Devil Eye.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to VA! Lots of guys up in your area. As I posted in your other thread, we normally do a group ride around this time of year. I haven't seen anything posted on it yet tho. I'm going to hit up MainEvent and see if he has anything planned yet. He normally organizes the ride.

A few few things to note about the Commonwealth...
    1) Don't run your LED's while you are riding. They are parking lot accessories only here.
    2) taxes are horrible compared to Tx. They charge sales tax when you buy it and personal property tax every year you own it. That is on top of plates, inspections, and toll roads.
    3) state inspections are required every year. Review the state inspection guidelines for motorcycles online. If you have done any mods that make your bike questionable if it will pass, don't take it to a bike shop for inspection. I have had better luck at new car dealerships. For example, check out my thread below.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=312745

Finally, your best riding area is west of you. Lots of twisty mountain roads! If you ever want to meet up out west somewhere, let me know.
    Last edited by Poseidon; 09-05-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Here is the link to our annual ride. Hope to see you there.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=333665

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Biker View Post
    Just Moved to Northern V.A. 9riders let me know what's up. My bike does not come off the truck until the 15th with the rest of our stuff. But would like to hook up for a few rides with the local fellas.
    Welcome to VA! Which part of NOVA (Northern Virginia) you staying? We have 9 owners throughout the region. If you have FB, you can join the following group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dmv.m109r/

We're hoping to get a VA ride together in the coming weeks, but I'll keep you posted if some of the locals guys get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Welcome to VA! Lots of guys up in your area. As I posted in your other thread, we normally do a group ride around this time of year. I haven't seen anything posted on it yet tho. I'm going to hit up MainEvent and see if he has anything planned yet. He normally organizes the ride.

A few few things to note about the Commonwealth...
    1) Don't run your LED's while you are riding. They are parking lot accessories only here.
    2) taxes are horrible compared to Tx. They charge sales tax when you buy it and personal property tax every year you own it. That is on top of plates, inspections, and toll roads.
    3) state inspections are required every year. Review the state inspection guidelines for motorcycles online. If you have done any mods that make your bike questionable if it will pass, don't take it to a bike shop for inspection. I have had better luck at new car dealerships. For example, check out my thread below.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=312745

Finally, your best riding area is west of you. Lots of twisty mountain roads! If you ever want to meet up out west somewhere, let me know.

Thanks Guys, WOW! didn't know this stuff. Yes it's very expensive here but I love the area can't wait to get my bike on these roads. I will be hitting you up when everything is situated.
    Clear tall Vstream / OEM Black Engine guard / PowrPro Black / REVO 6" Bass Cannon/ Some 9 L.E.D.s / Revo Rear cowl LED / Swampwork LED Rear turn signals / Corbin Seat. / Airnott Air Ride / Revo Devil Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by MainEvent View Post
    Welcome to VA! Which part of NOVA (Northern Virginia) you staying? We have 9 owners throughout the region. If you have FB, you can join the following group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dmv.m109r/

We're hoping to get a VA ride together in the coming weeks, but I'll keep you posted if some of the locals guys get together.

I'm in Stafford. Yes keep me posted, My bike does not get here until the 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Biker View Post
    I'm in Stafford. Yes keep me posted, My bike does not get here until the 14th.
    Sure thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk