went down 0ctober 11 2019

Thread: went down 0ctober 11 2019

Very Active Member

Default went down 0ctober 11 2019

Hey i went down on October 11 2019. This was a bad off bike hit gravel on the shoulder as a log truck came around a corner partly in me lane. The rear wheel went away 120' slide on my left side and the out over a 50' cliff.

I received a major concussion,broke all my ribs,ruptured my spline ruptured my kidney,collapsed left lung , broken neck and crush fractures in t2,t3, t4 vertibra broken shoulder and cut up forhead.

i was air liftef to Sunnybrook hospital in Toronto Ontario 7 days in Intensive care 11 days in critical care i had a blood transfusion in the chopper on the way to the hospital.

The weird thing is i normally always follow my gut and on this day i had a bad feeling about this ride. my family now does not want me to ride anymore after 50 years this was my first major accident.

Happy to be alive today and healing up

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Take care of yourself brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager I call him Spock

Wow! Glad to hear you are here to write about it - that was some kind of crash!! Sounds like you have excellent support around you too my friend - enjoy that and heal up!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Hate to hear that you went down and suffered what sounds like some pretty serious injuries.

Hope you are able to heal up and get somewhat back to normal soon.

At least you are still here to tell the story.

Take care and update now and then on how your recovery is going.

BCS

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Praise GOD that you are able to tell your story! Your Family is there for you and you'll make the right decision for them. Take it slow and heal one day at a time my Brother!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Hope your recovery is speedy and full glad you are still around to talk about it

Hope all is well and get to feeling better soon.Happy Thanksgiving

WOW, glad to hear that you are still alive to talk about it. I hope that you have a quick and full recovery.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Rough go,glad you pulled through..take your time and heel up good..hopefully your back in the saddle come spring..
    Stav

Whoa, what narrow escape! Glad that you lived to tell the tale. I hope you recover fully soon.

Hope a fully recovery. Take your time bro this is a huge process.

I'm glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. I too had a major accident just after my 50th. Its something you never forget and never seems to leave your thoughts. Recovery is a long and painful process both physically and mentally. I'm still going to physio twice a week and the accident happened just about a year and a half ago. I never thought that I'd get back on a bike again but after some time to heal and a lot of talking my wife and I decided to get another bike. Riding is something that we both enjoy doing together. It was still a hard decision and I'd be lying to everyone if I said I wasn't nervous at times, especially in similar situations that remind me of my accident. Get plenty of rest and work hard at your recovery. Make sure you are talking with your family about everything. Hopefully they will come around. Good luck and best wishes towards your recovery.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. All I can say is take your time and make the decision that is right for you and your family when it comes to riding again. After my accident in 2014 my wife didn't want me to ride again. I opted for a spyder to give me and her more confidence. After a while I convinced her and myself that I could get back on 2 wheels again. I still get a little nervous when similar situations happen, but I am a more careful rider. Prayers out for a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Slinger View Post
    Hey i went down on October 11 2019. This was a bad off bike hit gravel on the shoulder as a log truck came around a corner partly in me lane. The rear wheel went away 120' slide on my left side and the out over a 50' cliff.

I received a major concussion,broke all my ribs,ruptured my spline ruptured my kidney,collapsed left lung , broken neck and crush fractures in t2,t3, t4 vertibra broken shoulder and cut up forhead.

i was air liftef to Sunnybrook hospital in Toronto Ontario 7 days in Intensive care 11 days in critical care i had a blood transfusion in the chopper on the way to the hospital.

The weird thing is i normally always follow my gut and on this day i had a bad feeling about this ride. my family now does not want me to ride anymore after 50 years this was my first major accident.

I’m thankful to hear/know you’re alive to tell your story. You are a miracle my brother, to say the least. As you’re going through the healing process, I hope you take some time to thank the one who covered you with His mercy and grace. Often times, things happen in our lives to get our attention and/or slow us down, allowing us the time we need to reflect and closely analyze “why and for what reason” we’re allowed to go through certain things in life, and which/who’s direction we should follow going forward. Personally, I could certainly do without my bikes. However, I would not want to lose my life, and subsequently more time with my family, due to my insistence to continue riding motorcycles after such a horrific accident, such as you suffered. Family is far more important than anything else on earth, and I wouldn’t want to cause mine any undue/unnecessary pain, if I could possibly avoid it. Take all the time you need before making your decision. Moreover, be very sure to listen closely to those who love and need you most, as they will likely have your best interest at the forefront of their hearts.

I wish you well my brother, and I hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

God bless you,
    Bobby

Hate to read these post,I wish you all the best on your recovery
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

Default Use the force Luke, use the force...

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Slinger View Post

Hopefully I won’t get booed or flamed for saying this, but you, my friend are blessed by God for being a good servant. There is no way you could’ve survived this without God’s help. I started riding when I was 16; I’m now in my sixties. I stopped riding when I was 27 and started a family. I didn’t go back till my kids were grown and married, but the strangest thing happened when I started riding again. It was a gorgeous beautiful Saturday afternoon in May or June. The temperature was about 78 with grand puffy white clouds in the beautiful blue sky. It was the perfect day to ride.

As I warmed up the 109, I kept hearing or feeling this voice saying “…not today.” Seriously, I ignored it, grabbed my helmet and was ready to roll. The ‘voice’ became insistent. Now I am not paranoid or a scardey-cat; the feeling was direct and made me uncomfortable. I grumbled, turned off my 9ner and angrily shrugged as I went back into my house. I started to go for a drive in my pick-up, but I was so sour that I couch-potatoed with Netflix and stayed home. You say you should have listened to your gut; I understand exactly what you mean.

Anyway, at the end of that beautiful riding day, the voice came again; I’m serious, yet gentler. The voice imparted the following, “…there was nothing wrong with going out today, but I needed to train you to listen to My voice even when it doesn’t make sense. Now that I know you will listen, you can depend on my presence to protect you even when you don’t perceive danger.” I say imparted because the voice was not in my ear, but I could still receive it.

I’ve listened to that voice many times since then, but oddly, I do not hear it often. On occasion I hear on the radio of a traffic jam on the route I had planned, or an unfortunate event occurring if I had continued my plans for that day. I don’t know how it works, but I’ve learned to listen and trust. Your story proves that the 'voice' is real.

I am not suggesting your accident is your fault or occurred because you did not listen to the “voice.” I know you will be okay and will ride again, and very soon. Your story helped to reinforce that we all have angels watching over us; I will listen to mine when they give me that nudge.

Thank you for sharing your story and from the post I’ve read about your accident, a lot of us are praying for your speedy and full recovery.

God bless you.

Very Active Member

Thank all of the 9er community for your thoughts and prayers. i am recovering it's slow but i go forward everyday a little bit.

Thank you
    Dave

I'm sorry to hear this bro .

Get well soon.
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.