Bike won't start.

Thread: Bike won't start.

Very Active Member

Default Bike won't start.

Fuel cycles, turns over, will not start, tries too, want fire up? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch....

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I've experienced this happening to me twice in the seven years. I would crack open the throttle while starting and away she goes.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Also, check to make sure your battery is fully charged, and that it isn't ready for replacement.

These bikes can be finicky about electrical power. On several occasions my Nine has cranked just fine, but wouldn't fire up. Once I applied either a jump start, or put it on the charger for a few minutes, it would fore right up, no problem.

Definitely worth checking.

Taz
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M109R
    ----------------------------------
    Taz
    ----------------------------------
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I was gonna ride mine to work yesterday, but I let it sit for too long and the battery was weak. It'd start and idle, but not enough to stay running. As soon as I let off the throttle, it'd die. I pushed it back in the garage and put the battery tender on it.

-Josh

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaMrider View Post
    Fuel cycles, turns over, will not start, tries too, want fire up? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch....
    Any updates on whether you got her started?

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Not to state the obvious ... but have you checked the kill switch ? Don't laugh, I spent an hour on the side of a highway because I accidentally hit the kill switch while riding. I had a few people pull over to the side to see if I needed help. I ended up calling a friend to come and pick me up. While I waited for him, I realized the I had hit the kill switch. Turned it off and the bike started up no probs. I felt like a fool.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

If what the OP meant when he wrote, "Fuel cycles", that the fuel pump is operating. I don't think it would operate if the kill switch was the problem.

Have you done any mods recently?

Check the clutch safety switch and the kickstand switch.

M.