M109 Rider Forums banner

First time posting!

4K views 56 replies 19 participants last post by  ahhyeah 
#1 ·
Hi! I would just like introduce myself to the forum. I've been reading it for a while and today I purchased one of my own! Sorry for the exclamation points. I'm a bit excited. I bought it from someone who took great care of the bike and I plan to do the same! Thanks for all your posts; it's helped in making my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome and congratulations on the new ride. Sweet ride dude. Most of the guys and gals on this forum are no doubt the best on what ails your bike. Sadly, I'm not one of them. Again, welcome

#3 ·
Hi! I would just like introduce myself to the forum. I've been reading it for a while and today I purchased one of my own! Sorry for the exclamation points. I'm a bit excited. I bought it from someone who took great care of the bike and I plan to do the same! Thanks for all your posts; it's helped in making my decision.

Welcome to the "club" of empty wallets.. LOL..
Someone already saved you a bundle...
Did it come with the quickrelease backrest,
since I see the mountings for it...

#8 ·
Welcome, wow, nice bike! Love that grill too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

#20 ·
:congrats: & :welcome: to the Family! Nice looking ride.

#21 ·
Welcome to the forum, nice to see another iowa Rider, I'm in Pleasant Hill.
There is a ride coming up in August in rockford ill, it is a memorial ride for a member for a long time member here that we lost last year.
Great looking bike, would like to see it in person.

#28 ·
It seems to me,

your bike might have been lowered by previous owner with

lowering bones, I would check that before buying air ride,

which is used 99% times with original 'bones' anyway.

Find out first, you might just need the original bones....

JMHO
It already has air ride. Sorry. Didn't mean to be confusing.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk
2007 M109R

#31 ·
Adjusted the headlight up a bit, enabled the blinker function of the front blinkers (they were set as just running lights and blinkers were in mirrors. Now both.), adjusted the idle back up with the set screw, applied the autotuner settings to the power Commander V and installed these (things covering the brake calipers) with a little Dremel work:

Ready to ride!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk
2007 M109R

#32 ·
Wow, your right into it! Great stuff, I like the calliper cover things too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

#37 ·
I see you have the swing pegs

When I got mine I found they were a little sketchy when swung out as they seemed to far down and my feet felt like they'd slip off

I drilled and tapped a hole in the mount and screwed in a set screw to push them up to the same angle as the stock ones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.