M109 Rider Forums banner

Disc Rotor Movement

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Macd7919 
#1 ·
Both Front Disc Rotors have small amount of movement forward and back not sideways. Is this ok. Disc below
Automotive tire Crankset Wheel Gear Bicycle part

See less See more
#7 ·
The picture shows a Galfer's Wave rotor. Who knows if they're supposed to have some movement, or not?

My stock rear rotor has some fore to aft movement. Been that way for a year or so, and it hasn't been a problem at all. A friend has an 06, and his has had that movement for many years. He still rides it without problem.

#10 ·
My 2006 has a loose rotor in the rear. It works fine some of the time, and some of the time is makes the most terrible squealing sound possible. Since it is intermittent, I haven't changed the rotor or tightened the rivets. I will tighten them when I remove the rear tire next time.

A friend with a 2007 had a loose rotor and it squealed all the time, so he replaced it. I have another friend with a 2007 with a loose rotor and it doesn't squeal, so he is not doing anything about it.

These are floating discs that allow the rotor to expand when they get hot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.