CLOSED FOR ABOUT A WEEK

Thread: CLOSED FOR ABOUT A WEEK

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Default CLOSED FOR ABOUT A WEEK

Unfortunately we are having to suspend our ECU tuning business for the next week or so due to an approaching hurricane.

We have received all expected ECU's and all but one has been mailed out already. The last one (for a member of this forum) will be mailed out first thing in the morning.

For those of you I have been talking with who were planning to mail your ECU in the next few days, we ask that you please hold off until this hurricane has passed and we have reopened.
    Estimated day to return to business as usual is Friday September 6th if all goes well.

I am over 4000 miles away and this hurricane is forecast to pass right over my home.

Not so much worried about the wind as we are about the water (rain and storm surge) where I live.
    The area is only a couple of feet above sea level and susceptible to flooding in these kinds of events.
    In fact the wife had to put up barriers, sand bag and pump water just a week or so ago to keep water out of the house. That was only from a bit of low pressure that stayed over us for days and dumped 15 - 18 inches of rain on us.
    This storm has the potential to put many feet of water where my house sits.

My family is now starting to pack everything up and move it to higher ground, so we will be unable to perform any ECU tunes for at least the next week.

I am now trying to find a warehouse to rent inland that has a large enough bay door so I can get the dyno inside and under some cover.

Still hoping and praying that this storm will take a different path but its not looking that way, so we are starting to make preparations in anticipation for worst case scenario.

Its going to be a long week ahead and I wish I were home to help speed the process up and help secure our property and belongings.

Will post back when we are able to resume flashing ECU's

The red dot on the map below marks the approximate area where I live right on the coast.

BCS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hurricane.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	385466  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Good luck with the storm. Hopefully it takes a different path than expected. Keep us all updated.

as a fellow Floridian and also on the predicted path of this hurricane we all stay in prayer and leave everything in GODS hand.
    Keep the family safe and we all will see each other when the blue sky appears again.AMEN!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

BCS I just sent you a PM. Fingers crossed on this one the ground is already saturated from over 30" of rain in three months.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    BCS I just sent you a PM. Fingers crossed on this one the ground is already saturated from over 30" of rain in three months.
    Don't I know it, this low lying area near the coast is basically a swamp right now.

We have 150 gallons of fuel, 3 generator, many pumps and thousands of feet of hose ready to go.

Wife left the barricades and sandbags up from a couple weeks ago so she just has to reinforce them and set the pumps back in place and we should be all set.

Found a warehouse with 3 large bay doors for sale and talked the owner into renting it to me for a week so I could put the dyno and my trucks inside to protect them from the wind.

As long as we do not get any tidal flooding from the gulf we should be able to fight back the rain water.
    (The location of the warehouse is still in the flood zone if we do get tidal surge so its not totally safe, but it was the only place I could find available with doors tall enough to get the dyno trailer inside.

Have you heard from Mike? I know his place is right on the coast as well.

Stay safe my friend and check in after the storm has past so we know you are ok.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 1 Week Ago at 06:10 PM.

I hope that you make it through unscathed.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I hope that it works out in your favor Sparky! It’s that time of the year us Floridians prepare for and hope for the best.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Hope you and yours stay safe. Best of luck!

The hurricane stayed out in the Atlantic and Florida did not feel its wrath.

Where I live felt no effect at all other than a few rain bands.

We spent big money getting ready for this storm and my family worked long hard hours for days making preparations, so the wife said she needs a few days away to relax.

I will be flying back to Florida next week and will be spending a few days on the beach with my wife before heading home.

We will resume normal business on Friday 9-13-2019

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    The hurricane stayed out in the Atlantic and Florida did not feel its wrath.

Where I live felt no effect at all other than a few rain bands.

We spent big money getting ready for this storm and my family worked long hard hours for days making preparations, so the wife said she needs a few days away to relax.

I will be flying back to Florida next week and will be spending a few days on the beach with my wife before heading home.

We will resume normal business on Friday 9-13-2019

BCS
    Sorry about the money but think of it as insurance. Glad Dorian stayed away. Enjoy the downtime on the beach :)
    2019 M109R B.O.S.S. red/black
    MODS: LED signals, Integrated tail light, Luap hole-saw mod, axle mounted plate, no beaver, carbon fiber look tank bra, dual air horn, black spiked grips, "bar end key" mod, drink holder :), more to come

Let me know what weekend I can come down and I'll bring my bike along with the other 2 I mentioned before.

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    Let me know what weekend I can come down and I'll bring my bike along with the other 2 I mentioned before.

-Josh
    Ok let me get back and get things rolling and I will let you know.

BCS

Ok let me get back and get things rolling and I will let you know.

BCS
    I would be interested in joining the group. Let me know.

Very Active Member

...Have you heard from Mike? I know his place is right on the coast as well...BCS
    Fingers were crossed for a while. Before we left I hauled the 5 HP Yamaha boat motor, my ham radio equipment, and some of my tools to the upper level. The Gold Wing and VTX are at a friend's house for the summer. The Nines are in KY with me. Still plenty to loose on the first level.

I hope I can ride with you guys, but we don't get back until mid October.