Bigges tire size with Corbin Saddlebags

Thread: Bigges tire size with Corbin Saddlebags

Default Bigges tire size with Corbin Saddlebags

My 240 oem tire is about to end it's life at 6,000 miles. I have corbin saddlebags and I noticed that there is not much room on exhaust site between the tire and the bag.
    I guess my question is: Can I fit 260 metzeler with corbin saddlebags? I know 250 have some issues (I saw a thread on it), but 260 is less wide since it's more rounded. Does anybody have or tried this setup? Also I want to put 160 in front, do I need fender extensions?
    Thanks for all the info on above.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I have Corbin saddle bags and just went to a Dunlop E3 250 and saddle bag clearance wasn’t even a thought that crossed my mind, they fit no problem

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

There are some that use the fender extenders vs no fender extenders for the 160 front tire. You could raise up your fender then tighten down the bolts for more clearance or buy the extenders for peace of mind.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info. I search for some threads regarding rear tire size with corbin bags, and I see they redesign them to fit wider size tire. I guess I will try to order Metzeler ME 888 Marathon Ultra 260/40VR18 and see if it fits...
    I will stay with stock on front for now as it still has some meat on it.

Just for your info the Elite III in a 250 is wider than the Metzler 260. You can look up the size spec's on their web sites.
    H.C. Velocity Pro, Cobra Power Pro Black, Cobra Engine Guards, ISO Blk Grips, National Cycle VStream Tour, Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs, G/M TRE, .....

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I have the Dunlop D251 150x18 front tire for the past three tire replacements.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

I ran a 250 on the rear of my 07, with corbin bags. Been a long time, but I think I just used about 2 small washers in each place to be sure that I had enough clearance. Worked great for me. Good luck. BTW, the 250 is wider than the 260 because of the profile on a stock rim.
    Name:  Image06132012065021.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  48.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I ran a 250 on the rear of my 07, with corbin bags. Been a long time, but I think I just used about 2 small washers in each place to be sure that I had enough clearance. Worked great for me. Good luck. BTW, the 250 is wider than the 260 because of the profile on a stock rim.
    Name:  Image06132012065021.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  48.5 KB
    Thanks. That is why I think 260 should have no problem fitting in...

Default Wide front tire.

I have a Michelin 160X60 R 18 on the front of my M109R. But it has to be mounted backwards Because it is made as a rear tire. When you brake the strength is there.

Update on 260 metzeler. I just have it installed last week and there is no interference with corbin bags whatsoever.
    FYI - The right site (which is closer) have about 1/2 inch space between the tire and the bag.