M109R/VZR1800 Battery Advice/Replacement

Thread: M109R/VZR1800 Battery Advice/Replacement

Exclamation M109R/VZR1800 Battery Advice/Replacement

Hello guys
    for my 2013 M109R which has the original battery (Yuasa FTZ16-BS); yesterday the bike couldn't start-up and i have suspected the battery to be dead so i got a cable and got it jump started from a switched-off car then got it back home, today the bike started normally which is a surprise for me

so i have two questions
    1- is there an option to charge the battery or i need to go for a replacement
    2- if am going to replace the battery; i couldn't find the FTZ16-BS so is it the same like YTX20CH-BS

thanks guys!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

6 yrs out of a battery is pretty good.. me personally, I with a similar battery, and go another 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ayman.shaalan View Post
    Hello guys
    for my 2013 M109R which has the original battery (Yuasa FTZ16-BS); yesterday the bike couldn't start-up and i have suspected the battery to be dead so i got a cable and got it jump started from a switched-off car then got it back home, today the bike started normally which is a surprise for me

so i have two questions
    2- if am going to replace the battery; i couldn't find the FTZ16-BS so is it the same like YTX20CH-BS

thanks guys!!

according to a couple sites i use for parts/accessories, the YTX20CH-BS is the replacement battery.
    Last edited by RFM1009; 1 Week Ago at 05:11 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I just replaced the original battery in my 2012 M109R a few weeks ago. Your original Yuasa battery had a long life, considering you live in a desert climate, like me.

I replaced mine with a Motobatt MBTX16U. I have had excellent service out of Motobatt batteries on previous motorcycles. I'll provide a link to the item on Amazon, but I can't remember if Amazon will deliver to the UAE or not.

MotoBatt MBTX16U (12V 19 Amp)... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YHN66Q...p_mob_ap_share

Here are pictures of my replacement.
    OEM battery:

Motobatt installed:

Taz
    ----------------------------------
    Taz
    ----------------------------------
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

I’ve had my bike for 13 years and have never replaced a battery and never will.

Thank you guys for the feedback

does anyone know if this can fit in the bike? as am worried about the dimensions YUASA YTX20-BS

Quote Originally Posted by Tazdvl View Post
    I just replaced the original battery in my 2012 M109R a few weeks ago. Your original Yuasa battery had a long life, considering you live in a desert climate, like me.

I replaced mine with a Motobatt MBTX16U. I have had excellent service out of Motobatt batteries on previous motorcycles. I'll provide a link to the item on Amazon, but I can't remember if Amazon will deliver to the UAE or not.

MotoBatt MBTX16U (12V 19 Amp)... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YHN66Q...p_mob_ap_share

Here are pictures of my replacement.
    OEM battery:

Motobatt installed:

Taz
    unfortunately they can't ship to UAE that's why am trying to find only what i can get from the local shops

I just replaced the battery in my 2007. The clock on the bike was losing time. I always trickle charge it over the winter and have never had problems starting it, but thought I'd replace it to avoid any issues. With the replaced battery, the clock doesn't loose time. At first I thought that was crazy, but I googled my problem and found replacement was the probable resolve. I didn't spend tons of money on a replacement as you probably could do.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

Go to batterymart.com get yourself a scorpion battery ive had mune for 3 yrs now its lithiun weighs under a pound and has a bunch of cranking power in the cold if your like me and ride in winter
    2007 M109R Avon heated grips sumoX fat tire kit sumoX custom paint dual K&N ram chargers kuraquian zombi pedals hydraulic clutch lever,demon eye head light,cobra dragster exhaust and programmer . People honking and giving thumbs up priceless

Im sorry batterystuff.com this is the one i have in my bike https://www.batterystuff.com/batteri...tx20hq-fp.html
    2007 M109R Avon heated grips sumoX fat tire kit sumoX custom paint dual K&N ram chargers kuraquian zombi pedals hydraulic clutch lever,demon eye head light,cobra dragster exhaust and programmer . People honking and giving thumbs up priceless

Default Battery replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ayman.shaalan View Post
    Hello guys

so i have two questions

thanks guys!!
    Just replaced my 2013 OEM in Feb with YTX20CH-BS Pirate Battery sealed AGM 18 mo warranty 18AH 270CCA, I think I found them on Amazon .... very reasonable $ in today's world.

Quote Originally Posted by pjs View Post
    Go to batterymart.com get yourself a scorpion battery ive had mune for 3 yrs now its lithiun weighs under a pound and has a bunch of cranking power in the cold if your like me and ride in winter
    WINTER ? ... are you crazy ?
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!