WTB FRONT FORKS OR FORK TUBES

Thread: WTB FRONT FORKS OR FORK TUBES

Default WTB FRONT FORKS OR FORK TUBES

I have a 2007 M109r and have a front fork leak issue. On a budget but looking to buy front fork or fork tubes with no pitting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Best bargain I have seen is a guy selling a full front end for $300 in Charleston South Carolina.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248933866052352/

I do have a spare set of forks but I was not necessarily looking to sell them, been holding onto my parts looking to pick up another wrecked bike myself.

But if you get in a jam and can't fine anything else, I would sell you the forks I have for $600 delivered in the US lower 48.

BCS

here is the actual market place listing for the front end I told you about above.
    If it was not a 6.5 hour drive one way, I would buy this myself....if its actually in good shape this is a great deal.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5657289856069/

BCS

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Why not just put new seals in unless yours have cosmetic issues? A seal kit can't be more than $30.

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    Why not just put new seals in unless yours have cosmetic issues? A seal kit can't be more than $30.
    Pretty sure its the same who has posted on FB, on there he says he has had the seals changed twice but because the forks are pitted they start leak again very soon.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Pretty sure its the same who has posted on FB, on there he says he has had the seals changed twice but because the forks are pitted they start leak again very soon.

BCS
    That's what I figured. Wouldn't make sense if his weren't pitted. There are some on eBay but you never know if they are bent or not.
    Last edited by UVATom; 07-29-2019 at 07:34 PM.

The link above show those as being new........but then you look at the bottom and see they are coming out of China, so they are not true OEM pieces.

A lot of the stuff you get from China ends up having fitment problems so its crap shoot as to if it they will work properly or not.

BCS

Yeah there is no way they would be OEM at that price.
    Never tried it but this may be another option.

https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles...p_fix_i_tried/

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/deuc...rks-t1801.html
    Last edited by UVATom; 07-29-2019 at 09:35 PM.

i have a set. i think i posted here for sale i dont come to this site been few months since i logged here.

We tried new seals twice and they are fine for a week or so then leaks again. My mechanic is very good at what he does so I dont blame his skill. Only one fork had very very slight pitting BUT we were able to smooth it out. Only one with pitting but both are leaking. I used all balls racing seals like all my other bikes but this one wants to be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    i have a set. i think i posted here for sale i dont come to this site been few months since i logged here.
    How much? i know shipping would probably cost a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Best bargain I have seen is a guy selling a full front end for $300 in Charleston South Carolina.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248933866052352/

I do have a spare set of forks but I was not necessarily looking to sell them, been holding onto my parts looking to pick up another wrecked bike myself.

But if you get in a jam and can't fine anything else, I would sell you the forks I have for $600 delivered in the US lower 48.

BCS
    I appreciate it but $600 is abit out of the budget at the moment. Did a ton of work on my cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk1982 View Post
    I appreciate it but $600 is abit out of the budget at the moment. Did a ton of work on my cars.
    No worries, I am actually glad you did not take me up on the offer. I really want to hang onto them.

To buy new just the inner tubes would be $900 for a set and a set of complete forks would be around $2500

Its tough to find Good, Cheap forks......you usually get one or the other but not both.

BCS