Lowered 2”, need new rear tire soon. Options/width?

Thread: Lowered 2”, need new rear tire soon. Options/width?

Would a Dunlop Elite III 250 fit after 2” lowering on a stock rear without rubbing?
    Last edited by Jeffro109; 1 Week Ago at 05:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro109 View Post
    Would a Dunlop Elite III fit after 2” lowering on a stock rear without rubbing?
    Yes, it would with no problems. If you’re referring to the Elite III 250/40/18 tire, it’s slightly wider than the stock 240/40/18 tire, but it won’t affect anything, and certainly won’t cause any rubbing issues.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I agree with Judah, no problems. I have that same set up for the past seven years.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Same here . Just don`t forget to file off the 2 bolts that are sticking out from inside the fender to avoid destroying the tire just in case if for some unforeseen reason , it gets too low and rubs a little , consequently destroying your expensive tire .
    Other than that , there is no problem at all .

Good point Josey. In fact, any time anyone lowers their bike (even if it’s only 1”) it’s best to grind down those two bolts located or protruding out from the underside of the rear metal fender to the point where they are flush with hole they are protruding from. It will save you any possible heartache if the bike bottoms out for some reason.

That’s good info. I have a passenger backseat on there too and I didn’t check for clearance on stock tire either. I rode it yesterday and didn’t seem to have any problem, but I’ll check before next ride.

Checked clearance. I have a couple things to trim. I also looked at the Dunlop E4. Looks like it might be slightly narrower than the E3. I couldn’t find any real world measurements though.