Cycle House Q5 intakes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cycle House Q5 intakes

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    All the chatter about riding in the rain, earlier in the thread, doesn't take into account that the airflow has to turn 90 degrees and head straight uphill to the airbox under the tank. Water isn't going to go uphill. Maybe some moisture will get there, but most of us realize that when we're out riding, and pass through an area where there is moisture in the air, all of the sudden, the motor seems to be running differently. It's the reason water injection came about in the past. It was used on fighters during WWII. And still used today on aircraft like the B-2, etc. Makes the engine run smoother, reduces the possibility of ping or detonation due to it cools off the intake charge.

In essence, a little water in the intake is a good thing. I don't ride in the rain unless caught out in it. Have been several times. I have LA Choppers xXx Big Airs on my Nine. Never caused a single problem with them being wet.
    Thanks for the information, makes a lot of sense.
    Manny

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I had the Cobra PwrPro Black installed, we'll see, I heard a lot of positive info on them. The ECU thing kind of scared me because you have to send the computer out to them, is that correct? I also got the radiator shroud with the scull flames insert, chin scoop from Meancycles and the front rotors like yours. I like your headlights, that is going to have to wait... I like your front flat signals, that is also going to have to wait...
    Your bike looks CRAZY!!!
    Providing your Cobra PwrPro Black is working properly, you’ll be very pleased with how it affects/enhances the performance of your 9. However, if you grow tired of that level of performance at any point, the next step is a FULL ECU FLASH.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Providing your Cobra PwrPro Black is working properly, you’ll be very pleased with how it affects/enhances the performance of your 9. However, if you grow tired of that level of performance at any point, the next step is a FULL ECU FLASH.
    Had I known that the ECU flash was the way to go I would have considered it, however the reason why I was discouraged is because the way I understood it is you would have to ship the computer to someone to get it flashed, am I right? What would the full ECU flash procedure cost?
    Manny

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Had I known that the ECU flash was the way to go I would have considered it, however the reason why I was discouraged is because the way I understood it is you would have to ship the computer to someone to get it flashed, am I right? What would the full ECU flash procedure cost?
    Depending on who does it, the Full ECU FLASH could cost $200-$250. And yes, you would have to ship the ECU out to have it flashed. The whole process of shipping to and from, plus the time to complete the flash could take only 5-6 days.

Depending on who does it, the Full ECU FLASH could cost $200-$250. And yes, you would have to ship the ECU out to have it flashed. The whole process of shipping to and from, plus the time to complete the flash could take only 5-6 days.
    Wow, I paid double that amount for my Cobra Black. I will definitely keep that in mind.
    Manny

Wow, I paid double that amount for my Cobra Black. I will definitely keep that in mind.
    Well, at the time, the Cobra Powr Pro black was just starting to sell and had a few problems , so I decided to get the simple manually adjustable Cobra , which has 3 adjustable pots , along with the X-TRE .
    I adjusted it once at first and then after 2 months I did the final touches … up until the present , without a single problem , ever . .
    The bike runs perfect , with its usually brutal acceleration and when I pass around 65 mph if I twist the grip a little bit , the bike starts roaring just like a 4 barrel carb when you push the trottle and the two bigger secondary barrels open up … just like that and this thing jumps ahead … man , I can feel the power and the bike accelerates in a way that it is scary sometimes . Frankly , at the beginning I was very concerned that if I twisted the grip a little bit more on starting to move , this thing would jump from under me and leave me sitting on the pavement , so that is why I installed a backrest ,which , btw , besides given me confidence that that would not happen , it also has given me a lot of comfort , lol...
    Last edited by josey088; 1 Week Ago at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    Well, at the time, the Cobra Powr Pro black was just starting to sell and had a few problems , so I decided to get the simple manually adjustable Cobra , which has 3 adjustable pots , along with the X-TRE .
    I adjusted it once at first and then after 2 months I did the final touches … up until the present , without a single problem , ever . .
    The bike runs perfect , with its usually brutal acceleration and when I pass around 65 mph if I twist the grip a little bit , the bike starts roaring just like a 4 barrel carb when you push the trottle and the two bigger secondary barrels open up … just like that and this thing jumps ahead … man , I can feel the power and the bike accelerates in a way that it is scary sometimes . Frankly , at the beginning I was very concerned that if I twisted the grip a little bit more on starting to move , this thing would jump from under me and leave me sitting on the pavement , so that is why I installed a backrest ,which , btw , besides given me confidence that that would not happen , it also has given me a lot of comfort , lol...
    Man oh man, do not go any further, I have heard enough! sounds like the Nine has lots of power, however power is something that I am use to because I am a proud owner of a Hayabusa. I think the time is right to tone it down a little and enjoy a sports cruiser, I fell in love with the bike the first time I saw it. I have some pics that I took at the stealership, if I can figure it out I will try to post some. These picture are before the mods were done.
    Manny

Man oh man, do not go any further, I have heard enough! sounds like the Nine has lots of power, however power is something that I am use to because I am a proud owner of a Hayabusa. I think the time is right to tone it down a little and enjoy a sports cruiser, I fell in love with the bike the first time I saw it. I have some pics that I took at the stealership, if I can figure it out I will try to post some. These picture are before the mods were done.
    I posted some pics but it ended up in the new thread section. Sorry
    Manny

I always wanted a Hayabusa , but when I finally came to it , it was just too sporty for me . My back cut not resist the riding position , so I had to go for the best thing after that : the M109r .

I always wanted a Hayabusa , but when I finally came to it , it was just too sporty for me . My back cut not resist the riding position , so I had to go for the best thing after that : the M109r .
    You made an excellent decision Josey. I had an 07’ model Kawasaki ZX-14R sitting in my garage at the time I purchased my first M109R, which was also an 07’ model. At that time I was starting to get tired of the pain I felt after riding the ZX-14R. The M109R was the perfect alternative for me, and after never having ridden the ZX-14R for the next 8 months, I put it up for sale, and it sold within the first 48 hours. I have never regretted that decision...and as you may or may not know, I now own three M109Rs. I love the 9 to pieces!!! 😎😁🥰🏆🏆🏆🥰😁😎

You made an excellent decision Josey. I had an 07’ model Kawasaki ZX-14R sitting in my garage at the time I purchased my first M109R, which was also an 07’ model. At that time I was starting to get tired of the pain I felt after riding the ZX-14R. The M109R was the perfect alternative for me, and after never having ridden the ZX-14R for the next 8 months, I put it up for sale, and it sold within the first 48 hours. I have never regretted that decision...and as you may or may not know, I now own three M109Rs. I love the 9 to pieces!!! 😎😁🥰🏆🏆🏆🥰😁😎
    Wow! I did not realize that Judah-9, you are the M109R king, my buddy owns two of them and I thought he was crazy. I will have to let him know, you are a psycho about M109s. I just want to thank guys like you and many others on this forum that go out of their way to help the average guy like me who is a first time owner. I find that the fun part about owning a bike besides riding it is being able to customize it and make it your own. I applaud this site and all members. Keep up the good work.
    Manny

Wow! I did not realize that Judah-9, you are the M109R king, my buddy owns two of them and I thought he was crazy. I will have to let him know, you are a psycho about M109s. I just want to thank guys like you and many others on this forum that go out of their way to help the average guy like me who is a first time owner. I find that the fun part about owning a bike besides riding it is being able to customize it and make it your own. I applaud this site and all members. Keep up the good work.
    The M109r is a great platform to customize and to spend lots of money doing it , lol... This site is the greatest for that and also for advice in everything . People like JUDAH-9 and many others are really knowledgeable on the M109r and will help you greatly in how to do it right .
    Also , MeanCycles is a good source of goods online . Very reliable store , although if I order something expensive , I (my personal opinion) will call them first to make sure they have it in stock . Example of that : They are still showing the Thunder Mfg Hypercharger "R" Pro intake air kit on their site online , while it is been out of stock for years now , since Thunder went out of business a few years back , lol... So, if you see it online on their site , call them up and if they have the stuff you want in stock , you can order it reliably .
    Revo is another source of quality stuff for the 9 … I have a few things from them myself . Expensive , and you will have to wait a little to get it , (they are in Taiwan) but their stuff is top quality and worth every penny , specially the electronics .
    Last edited by josey088; 1 Week Ago at 01:59 PM.

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Depending on who does it the ECU Flash could cost $200 - $375

And for custom ECU tunes the price just goes north from there.

Default Umm!

The M109r is a great platform to customize and to spend lots of money doing it , lol... This site is the greatest for that and also for advice in everything . People like JUDAH-9 and many others are really knowledgeable on the M109r and will help you greatly in how to do it right .
    Also , MeanCycles is a good source of goods online . Very reliable store , although if I order something expensive , I (my personal opinion) will call them first to make sure they have it in stock . Example of that : They are still showing the Thunder Mfg Hypercharger "R" Pro intake air kit on their site online , while it is been out of stock for years now , since Thunder went out of business a few years back , lol... So, if you see it online on their site , call them up and if they have the stuff you want in stock , you can order it reliably .
    Revo is another source of quality stuff for the 9 … I have a few things from them myself . Expensive , and you will have to wait a little to get it , (they are in Taiwan) but their stuff is top quality and worth every penny , specially the electronics .
    That is exactly what I mean, you learn something new on this site daily if you explore it. Although I have heard a lot about Revo having quality products I did not know that they were located in Taiwan. That alone would have scared me off, had I not seen this post from you.
    Manny

I am no expert on this subject but I think it would be quite easy to remove that listing from their site. In my opinion they are just making it more confusing for their customers.
    Manny

Quote Originally Posted by MrBarros View Post
    Thank you MrBarros, but I’m definitely not the M109R King. There are quite a bit of members here who own more than one M109R. I am however, absolutely crazy about the M109R. It trumps every bike I’ve ever owned...and I have had some really awesome, top of the line sport bikes over the years.

Moreover, this is an AWESOME Forum, comprised of some of the most intelligent, creative, and helpful folks you’ve likely never met in person. That doesn’t matter on this Forum. Most everyone here will go above and beyond to help another member. You made the right decision by choosing to join this Forum.

We cant wait to see pics of your “new to you” BEAST.😎👍🏆🏆🏆👍😎

Thank you Josey, but truth be told, I consider myself far from being “really knowledgeable” on the M109R. I know a little bit, but there’s others here who are absolute geniuses, as it pertains to the M109R, bikes, motors, mechanics, and electronics. I’ve been corrected a few times by some of them, which does not bother me at all. It has only helped to improve my overall knowledge and skills, which I believe was their intent. The one thing I do have is a high-level of creative ideas, as it pertains to combining aftermarket upgrades/mods, paint schemes and color combinations, and some one-off custom modification ideas/concepts for the M109R. I don’t have the skill sets to bring most of them to fruition, but I’m connected to some very talented and resourceful people who can/will make it happen for me. 😁👍✋👍😁

No matter what you order from any online distributor, I think it’s always best to place your order over the phone...to insure they have the product on hand, and to also insure your order is processed that same day, instead of it sitting in a queue for who knows how long. JC and his folks at MEANCYCLES do a great job of trying to get products to our members as quickly as possible. They are a great source for tons of products for our M109R bikes. I’ve had a couple of bumps in the road with them, but JC did everything he could to resolve the issues...which is why I still do business with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Depending on who does it the ECU Flash could cost $200 - $375

And for custom ECU tunes the price just goes north from there.
    Wow BCS, I had no idea there was someone/some company out there doing the ECU FLASH for as much as $375.

Wow BCS, I had no idea there was someone/some company out there doing the ECU FLASH for as much as $375.
    Yeah... That amount surprised me as well .

My 9& Q5's still running em' strong
    Action!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190829_132844_1585742620002.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	387594  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]RearviewCamera,Flamed Grips&Pegs,Polished Risers w/2in ext.
    Hard Krome Shortened Sideburner,Sumo-X Fat Forktubes, GO-Pro, JSD-3M lowered2.75debeavered,tach relocated,cables relocated grips&throttle bosses RC Polished Component Wheels, Phat front tire170/60/17Phat Rear 280 10 1/2in. rim