Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black - 92-1845B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black - 92-1845B

  1. #31
    Active Member MrBarros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Boston, MA.
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    The biggest difference is on the front tire . I too also have The Avon 160-60 tire , which is , simply put , an awesome tire . I had it installed on reverse , just in case , although that is a controversial subject .
    With the 160 tire you have a much more cushy ride . It is more comfortable and the bike rides more stable .
    With the 250 rear tire , you have more traction , since the 240 tire by being more rounded , it touches the road only at the very center of the trad , consequently wearing out very fast and with little traction .
    The 250 on the other hand , is more flattened so the tread hits the road in almost all its tread width , giving it a much more friction and stability . It is also more comfortable and it too looks fantastic , almost like a 300 tire without all the expense and modifications , lol...
    In other words, it is all a win win scenario.
    For the front tire, you will need fender extenders , which can be purchased at Mean cycles for little money , otherwise the tire will be very close to the fender . Some guys don`t do it and tell that it is ok . To me it was too close to the fender with very little space and any small piece of gravel can destroy the fender , so I installed the extenders . The pic is with the extenders installed .
    The only upgrade that I am planning for the future is to buy the Velocity Pro Short exhaust in black to replace the Cobra , maybe at the end of the year or so but I am now living at a gated community and I have a concern about the noise , so I am researching on it .
    On another subject , I too at first had to make a decision about the Q5 and the Thunder years ago ... I went for the thunder because I had to have those butterflies moving on the bike , lol...
    It’s funny you said that about the Thunder because it was down to the Thunder and Q5 for me also but I could not find the Thunder for the M109 so it was an easy decision after that. On the front tire situation the stealers wouldn’t install it because of liability issues so I will have it done after I pick up the bike. I also got the fender extenders from Meancycles that I will be using. Now that you mention that you want the Veloscity Pro Short in black, I am wondering..... oh well, kind of too late the chrome exhaust is already on the bike and it looks sick!!
    Manny

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    It’s funny you said that about the Thunder because it was down to the Thunder and Q5 for me also but I could not find the Thunder for the M109 so it was an easy decision after that. On the front tire situation the stealers wouldn’t install it because of liability issues so I will have it done after I pick up the bike. I also got the fender extenders from Meancycles that I will be using. Now that you mention that you want the Veloscity Pro Short in black, I am wondering..... oh well, kind of too late the chrome exhaust is already on the bike and it looks sick!!
    Yeah . the company that manufactured the Thunders went out of business some years ago , so Q5 are now a days the only alternative .

  4. #33
    Active Member MrBarros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Boston, MA.
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    Yeah . the company that manufactured the Thunders went out of business some years ago , so Q5 are now a days the only alternative .
    That explains why I could not find it, makes it even more desirable. On the front 160's again, do you find that the bike is slower on take offs or launching as a result of having a heavier front wheel? I am worried because the Q5's already weigh a ton and the front 160"s will only add to more weight. What do you think?
    Manny

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    That explains why I could not find it, makes it even more desirable. On the front 160's again, do you find that the bike is slower on take offs or launching as a result of having a heavier front wheel? I am worried because the Q5's already weigh a ton and the front 160"s will only add to more weight. What do you think?
    Nahhh … the difference in weight is negligible on a bike as powerful as the 9 .
    Just the replacing of the factory exhaust with the Pro velocity short alone will save you literally a ton of weight .
    But the bike will be more comfortable and stable for sure … don`t worry , you will like it .
    Don`t forget to put 40 psi of air on it .
    Post some pics when you are done , of course ...

  7. #35
    Active Member MrBarros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Boston, MA.
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    Nahhh … the difference in weight is negligible on a bike as powerful as the 9 .
    Just the replacing of the factory exhaust with the Pro velocity short alone will save you literally a ton of weight .
    But the bike will be more comfortable and stable for sure … don`t worry , you will like it .
    Don`t forget to put 40 psi of air on it .
    Post some pics when you are done , of course ...
    Yes I will, what psi do you use on the back tire?
    Manny

  8. #36
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Yes I will, what psi do you use on the back tire?
    40 psi also . I weight 185 lbs , so no need for over pressuring the rear tire and I live in hot Florida , so the heat needs to be taking in account , too . I think that , in general, from 40 to 42 psi is the ideal for the rear 250 tire .
    Last edited by josey088; 1 Week Ago at 09:37 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->