C109RT Clutch Kit/Bike Winds up without doing anything in higher gears

Thread: C109RT Clutch Kit/Bike Winds up without doing anything in higher gears

Default C109RT Clutch Kit/Bike Winds up without doing anything in higher gears

I'm having trouble finding a clutch kit, without going through the Suzuki dealer, for my C109RT. However, I keep finding m109 clutch kits everywhere. i know the gearing is different between the two, but would the clutches be the same between the two?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanRaichu View Post
    I'm having trouble finding a clutch kit, without going through the Suzuki dealer, for my C109RT. However, I keep finding m109 clutch kits everywhere. i know the gearing is different between the two, but would the clutches be the same between the two?
    According to general belief here, only clutch plates
    withstanding the M109 torque are the OEM Suzuki
    clutch plates.

https://www.suzukipartsmonster.com/o...876a43e/clutch

I bought all the plates, springs, bolts, cover gasket. My clutch is smooth as silk now. I was suffering with the clutch chatter for almost 2 seasons. its not cheap. Everything I bought was over $400 i think.

If you search old threads, you will find a lot of info here. Some have figured out which plates need to be changed to stop the chatter Vs replacing everything. But you have more of a unique issue. I assume youve tried to adjust the cable? How much play do you have before you feel its starting to engage?
    Last edited by TheFNG; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:13 PM.
    09' C109RT Thunder Teardrop Intakes;Cobra PowrPro;GIpro TRE/gear indicator;cobra exhaust;Tsukayu 7" Stereo/GPS Boox One Fairing;Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags;fender chrome; Rear Master cylinder Chrome;Tank bib;headlight visor,driving light visors,speedo visor and directional visors;Throttle lock; Kuryakyn cup holder;Kuryakyn mirrors;Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highway pegs;TMS Trunk; zXe head light and driving light bulbs;Draggers;Denali air horn

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNG View Post
    https://www.suzukipartsmonster.com/o...876a43e/clutch

I bought all the plates, springs, bolts, cover gasket. My clutch is smooth as silk now. I was suffering with the clutch chatter for almost 2 seasons. its not cheap. Everything I bought was over $400 i think.

If you search old threads, you will find a lot of info here. Some have figured out which plates need to be changed to stop the chatter Vs replacing everything. But you have more of a unique issue. I assume youve tried to adjust the cable? How much play do you have before you feel its starting to engage?
    I just bought the bike so I took it back to the dealer since i was within their 30 day grace period for anything that goes wrong with the bike. Told me that the clutches were toast on it, I diagnosed that myself, felt exactly like a car with a bad clutch. Who knows what the previous owner did to it, but I guarantee you, it's the original clutches that came with the bike. Oh well.

Very Active Member

If you search this forum, there is plenty of discussion about the C109 clutch from early on. I bought my C109RT new in 08 and still have it. It's just turning 18K on the odometer. Somewhere here you will find a discussion on the differences between the M & C clutches. I believe the C has 2 more plates than the M.
    2008 Blue/White C109RT