Oldtimer just dropping a line

Thread: Oldtimer just dropping a line

Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar

Default Oldtimer just dropping a line

Haven't been on in a while, so thought I'd check in. Any other "Oldtimers" still on here ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

People say that I am apparently. Few of us still left

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What’s up Dave? I hop your keeping safe in more ways then one in chi town.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Still watch the site and read a little, just don't post much. Still like the place and miss the members.

Glad to see you're still kicking and back on again. :)

Check the site out most every day. Don't post much just lurk..lol 71 and still riding and still love my nine

Be safe everyone

Enjoy The Ride

Hey windycityDave. Beautiful bike you have there . Need your help. I own a 2006 m109 and want to install the same exhaust you have on yours (hardchrome shorty). But I need your help. I just want the better sound, I am not looking for supper power or racing etc. So my question is I know I can purchase a servo/eliminator and plug it into where the servo motor was and that will take care of the FI light. I dont want to get into fuel /air programer etc. Also i havent been able to check to see if the stock exhaust has 02 sensors. This is a U.S bike but Ive heard some do and some dont. If it does have 02 sensors how do I handle that issue. My concern is the bike runs great and I dont want to do anything that would damage the engine. For example making it run to lean and getting hot or rich and flooding the cylinders. what did you do and how many miles have you run with it. I have heard different answers but would like one from someone that has actually done it . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oldniner View Post
    Hey windycityDave. Beautiful bike you have there . Need your help. I own a 2006 m109 and want to install the same exhaust you have on yours (hardchrome shorty). But I need your help. I just want the better sound, I am not looking for supper power or racing etc. So my question is I know I can purchase a servo/eliminator and plug it into where the servo motor was and that will take care of the FI light. I dont want to get into fuel /air programer etc. Also i havent been able to check to see if the stock exhaust has 02 sensors. This is a U.S bike but Ive heard some do and some dont. If it does have 02 sensors how do I handle that issue. My concern is the bike runs great and I dont want to do anything that would damage the engine. For example making it run to lean and getting hot or rich and flooding the cylinders. what did you do and how many miles have you run with it. I have heard different answers but would like one from someone that has actually done it . Thanks
    Chances are you're running lean already in stock form. If you change the exhaust you will not make the situation any better for your bike. On the 06 you don't have a gear indicator so at least the servo buddy is cheap to take care of the FI light. However, I would highly recommend you look at BCS performance and get a flash for your bike. He can remove the FI light for the servo within the ECU along with a host of other nice features that really make the bike more enjoyable to ride. (Cooling fans cut in at a lower temp, smoother off throttle transition things like that). The price is less than the other piggy back units on the market. You wont have any O2 sensors on your bike, so you don't need to worry about that. Just put new gaskets on the exhaust and get a flash. You will be glad you did.

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Very Active Member

I've been here since 2006. I still ride my 9 and read the posts a couple times a week. The weather here has turned cold so my riding is probably done for this year.

Wow Sept 2006!
    ~Stitch

2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES