Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    Yes it can!!
    Well, approach him! I have a feeling his dealer missed something, and the ECU is still OK!!.. Poor connections before, and a good one now,.. etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    I know nothing about electronics but I do know I want to have my ECU flashed for ​MORE POWER!
    Not about more power. Its about using the power you already have without extra gadgets to go wrong. I want to use the bike for what it is and not 'trick it' with a TRE or Power commander.

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"

Quote Originally Posted by palv109 View Post
    Not about more power. Its about using the power you already have without extra gadgets to go wrong. I want to use the bike for what it is and not 'trick it' with a TRE or Power commander.
    So let me get this straight. Doing this will do nothing more than having a power commander and a TRE on the bike? No nothing else at all?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

So let me get this straight. Doing this will do nothing more than having a power commander and a TRE on the bike? No nothing else at all?
    And the work associated with it.

NO easy answer to this because the sky is the limit but at its most basic component you can alter timing across all gears (TRE only tricks bike into thinking its in 4th) and you can change both the IAP and TPS fuel maps (PC I beleive only changes the TPS fuel maps) but dont ask me the difference because I am not an expert just repeating what Ive been taught.

In the end anything the ECU does to your bike can be controlled/altered. Perfect example is what this company does with the Hayabusa's ECU and can includes an 'AUTOTUNE' function.

Features available for Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2008-2015 (Yes I know m109 and hayabusa are 2 completly different bikes)
    • IAP Fuel Maps
    • TPS Fuel Maps
    • Ignition Timing Maps
    • Secondary Throttle Plate (STP) Opening Maps
    • QuickShifter
    • Woodich racing auto tune
    • Injector Balance Maps
    • Ram Air Maps
    • Adjust RPM Limiters
    • Adjust Idle RPM
    • Adjust Fan Temperature
    • Enable Wideband O2 Sensor
    • Enable High Speed Datalogging
    • Disable Top Speed Limiter
    • Disable Stock O2 Sensor
    • Disable PAIR Valve
    • Disable Idle Solenoid Control (ISC)
    • Disable Tip Over Sensor (TOS)
    • ECU Mode

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"

Very Active Member

All any add-on fuel management will/can do is adjust the fuel "away" from what the ECU fuel map values are. Flashing actually adjusts the ECU fuel map, which to me, will give you the best performance because you don't have a secondary device having to adjust the fuel away from the ECU fuel map values. The trick is knowing what to use as either the target afr value for data logging, fuel map values or hope whoever is doing the flashing/tuning knows what they are doing.

What makes sense to me would be to use the PowrPro to generate a target afr table since we know the PowrPro tunes for power regardless of the circumstances. If you could "tune" with the sole purpose of building a target afr table with the PowrPro installed, then apply those target afr values to the woolich racing autotune table and datalog, in theory, that should give you the "perfect" map to flash to your ECU and the PowrPro would only have to deviate from that map very little which should result in the best performance. Would also be interesting to see how the PowrPro afr values would compare to the values that are already in the woolich racing software.

Hey kawzx7, where you at? I'm in Santa Claus too.

Very Active Member geofftl1000r's Avatar

...Some times tuning for the best power is not always tuning for what is safe for your engine.......

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by geofftl1000r View Post
    ...Some times tuning for the best power is not always tuning for what is safe for your engine.......

That was my original concern before purchasing the PowrPro, but trod posted that with his experience the PowrPro is only slightly more lean the the Fi2000 tri pot, no where near being dangerously lean.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=258401

Default Factory Pro flashing and tuning

Correction for 109 guys -

Factory Pro, is the company that has said, maybe 100,000 times since 1998, that preconfigured "canned" maps are rarely perfect, except by luck - so I don't know where one could get the idea that we "assume is a perfect match" and will be perfect for your bike. Even with bikes we've done more of, the suggested procedure still involves custom fuel tuning for each bike. For non-local bikes, that usually involves a power commander.

I'd be happy to do one woolich supported year 109 for $337.50 (1/2 price of custom tuning). That will cover the expense of key codes and wire harnesses.

As far as emailing me about the reflashing on 109's? Did I miss an email from somebody? I would have explained our position on the ins and outs of reflashing last year.

Anyway, we are the people who suggest individual tuning for perfect running - but can massage timing and secondary tables by gear and other elements to create a good base for custom fuel tuning.

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages...1800,M109r.htm

Despite the long list what is possible on the more mature Suzuki sportbikes, the current 06-10 m109r woolich accessible tables are:

• IAP Fuel Maps
    • TPS Fuel Maps
    • Ignition Timing Maps
    • Secondary Throttle Plate (STP) Opening Maps
    • Adjust RPM Limiters
    • Adjust Idle RPM

(which, luckily, is the majority of significant tables on an m109r)

thx -

Marc Salvisberg
    Factory Pro Tuning
    Last edited by Marc99; 05-17-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Does anyone have a contact name and email address for Woolich? I've filled out support tickets and get no response from their website.

I have a 2012 M109 LE with an ECU # 32920-48GB1 -- and if Woolich reads this, I'd be happy to be a guinea pig -- although I'm in Canada.

I've tuned many GM, some Ford, and lately some Dodge vehicles with HPTuners software, both dyno and street tunes, so if I can get ECU flashing hardware and software for this year of M109 I'll be a happy puppy.

Thanks in advance for the help, and ...

Bill in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    2012 M109R Limited Edition (VZR1800ZL2), Rifle windshield & lowers, Viking leather-covered hard bags, Rostra electonic cruise control, +3" risers, +3" throttle & clutch cables, +3" front brake lines, LED driving lights, WOLO air horn, and a Woolich Racing ECU tuning package & wideband --- I think the bike is finally perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by BillF6531 View Post
    Does anyone have a contact name and email address for Woolich? I've filled out support tickets and get no response from their website.

I have a 2012 M109 LE with an ECU # 32920-48GB1 -- and if Woolich reads this, I'd be happy to be a guinea pig -- although I'm in Canada.

I've tuned many GM, some Ford, and lately some Dodge vehicles with HPTuners software, both dyno and street tunes, so if I can get ECU flashing hardware and software for this year of M109 I'll be a happy puppy.

Thanks in advance for the help, and ...
    Same boat as you... Need for a 2013... Have been trying to get in touch with them too. They now sell the 2011-2015 Bin File Definitions, but no packages for these years...

2008 C109RT Black-Gray / bought June 2010 with 600km / 61,000km as Sep. 2014
    Clean front end / TRE / Spike intakes / K&N filters / Wideband O2 / Drilled pipes / 266mm Darkside Federal 595 / Tacho / LED signals & relay box / Mustang fender bib / Rear fender in spike shape / 23 cu.ft. trailer / ISO-Grips / Scythe Mirrors / 20+ Skulls. TODO : Horn / Paint / More spike intakes / Better bags / ECU hacking...

Pm scorp

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk
    the probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act

Perhaps Woolich doesn't see enough demand for this product. As a suggestion if those that want it post the bike year and part number of their ECU, it may encourage W to get on with the project.

Mine --> 2012 M109 LE ECU # 32920-48GB1

2012 M109R Limited Edition (VZR1800ZL2), Rifle windshield & lowers, Viking leather-covered hard bags, Rostra electonic cruise control, +3" risers, +3" throttle & clutch cables, +3" front brake lines, LED driving lights, WOLO air horn, and a Woolich Racing ECU tuning package & wideband --- I think the bike is finally perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by BillF6531 View Post
    As a suggestion if those that want it post the bike year and part number of their ECU, it may encourage W to get on with the project.

Mine --> 2012 M109 LE ECU # 32920-48GB1
    from their forum...

v3.8.2 of Woolich Racing Tuned has been released
    Postby WoolichRacing » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Added Bin File Definition for 2011-2015 M109R
    - 32920-48GA0.bin
    - 32920-48GB0.bin

WoolichRacing
    Site Admin

Clean front end / TRE / Spike intakes / K&N filters / Wideband O2 / Drilled pipes / 266mm Darkside Federal 595 / Tacho / LED signals & relay box / Mustang fender bib / Rear fender in spike shape / 23 cu.ft. trailer / ISO-Grips / Scythe Mirrors / 20+ Skulls. TODO : Horn / Paint / More spike intakes / Better bags / ECU hacking...

Default ECU part number

Here is what I have about ECU part numbers:

M109
    ====
    2006 32920-48G10
    2007 32920-48G10
    2008 32920-48G50
    2009 32920-48G50
    2011 32920-48GB0
    2012 32920-48GB1
    2013 32920-48GH0
    2014 32920-48GH0

C109
    ====
    2008 32920-22H11 (replaces 32920-22H10)
    2008 (E33,cali) 32920-22H20
    2009 32920-22H11 (replaces 32920-22H10)
    2009 (E33,cali) 32920-22H20

Default Response from Woolich Racing Support

Just got this message from Woolich Racing. Looks encouraging.

My original question was about the 2013 ECU.

Hey Stephane,

We have a new Canadian customer who is sending an ECU into us next week so we can extract the image and add it to the software as the only ones we have are for European/Australian models. This has been the main hurdle with the situation right now. So that will be rectified here soon.

With those models, if the Euro/Aussie ECU image is flashed into a North American bike, the bike will not fire up due to those models having an immobilizer system while the North American models do not. This will let the newer model bikes work with our hardware for the North American bikes. We've seen issues where the gear position indicator doesn't work on the new models if flashed with an older ECU image from the previous years; this will also prevent that.

So this will hopefully get the ball rolling. Check back in in a week or so on this ticket by responding to it and I can give you a better status update as to where things sit.

Thanks,
    -Anthony

Default Woolich ecu tuning for 2012 M109 - finally!

I started a new thread for the 2012 M109 ecu:

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=297713

Any Kiwi’s in Christchurch keen to go thirds on the Woolich ecu flashing kit?

Woolich have not hacked 109 ecu past 09 yet

Quote Originally Posted by Tux20 View Post
    Woolich have not hacked 109 ecu past 09 yet
    Bin files are available for 2006 - 2020 ECU models on the M109R.

Getting the software is the easy part.

Figuring out how you will measure what effect any changes you make to the maps have will be the hard part, if you do not have a eddy current dyno at your disposal to use.

You can harness the bike, add wide-band O2 and data log your runs, but you will soon figure out you still need the dyno to get things correct.

Without the dyno you will be guessing at every change you make and you will not get very good results.

Been down this road already myself.
    Last edited by Stalker; 1 Week Ago at 11:47 AM.

Default Woolich tune

I paid a shop to do the tune because I wanted the bike dyno tuned. IMO the Woolich racing software is going to give you the maximum amount of control over your engine parameters. That having been said I probably wouldn't do it again. Not because I'm not thrilled with the results, I AM. But it was expensive with the dyno tune and Woolich is proprietary, meaning you need to use them and only them to tune in the future, including returning to stock. I probably could have gotten similar results if I was doing it myself from Ivan's Performance for a lot less.