WTB - SPOKE WHEELS CLEANER

Thread: WTB - SPOKE WHEELS CLEANER

Default WTB - SPOKE WHEELS CLEANER

Hi Guys,

Can someone please advise of a good product that I can use on my chrome spoke wheels?? Price wont matter as long as the product do the job. I have plastidip on my bike so I need to be careful when using strong chemicals. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I would suggest Meguires Hot Rims. Always does good for me. o not over sspray though and get it on your dip. I bet it goos it
    Art
    2007 M109R | 280 Rear | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

Does it work on chrome wheels? I read couple reviews were people stating this eats through if left more then 30 seconds. Hopefully is not sulfuric acid undercover ..

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I have never had issueswith any rim i have used it on. Evrything from alum to chrome plated..
    Art
    2007 M109R | 280 Rear | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
    Hi Guys,

Can someone please advise of a good product that I can use on my chrome spoke wheels?? Price wont matter as long as the product do the job. I have plastidip on my bike so I need to be careful when using strong chemicals. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers !!!
    I recommend a product call “WHITE DIAMONDS.” It cleans, deoxidizes, coats, protects, and shines any chrome (especially wheels) to a mirror finish. You can purchase it from Advance Auto, Auto Zone, O’Rielly’s, and even Wal-Mart for around $14.00 in a very good size plastic bottle. It will last a long time, because you use very little of the product each time. You simply apply the product to a clean microfiber cloth, and wipe/rub/work into your chrome, and then just wipe it off with a clean microfiber cloth, and you’ll see your chrome as bright and vibrant (or better) as ever. I’ve been using this product for almost 9 years on the same set of M109R chrome wheels, along with all the other chrome on the bike, and they all look as new (or better) today, as they did when they were first purchased.

Thank you for another great reply, unfortunately the area on the back tire is very narrow also some spots are hard to reach not to mention the millions of spokes !!! I was looking for a product I can just spray and wash away .. not because of laziness

I use Meguires Hot Rims (Blue bottle for aluminum) (Red Bottle for Chrome) its PH neutral on my aftermarket anodized rims and my factory chrome car wheels. Its good stuff if you keep up on the cleaning of your bike. If you let brake dust build up the only way to remove it is with a product like Nixon or White Diamond that are slightly more aggressive. I would also recommend you look for a good wheel brush that allows you to quickly get into the spokes and work the solution a little.

I have also had good luck with diablo wheel gel and iron removers from Chemical guys. They have a good selection of bike and car detailing products and a lot of great content on youtube for anyone getting into detailing and wanting to know how and what to use.

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
    Thank you for another great reply, unfortunately the area on the back tire is very narrow also some spots are hard to reach not to mention the millions of spokes !!! I was looking for a product I can just spray and wash away .. not because of laziness
    If you use a spray it’s very likely going to get onto your plasti-dipped parts as you try to coat all of the spokes. I guess you’ll just have to take your chances on what you think will work best.