velocity pro short install - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: velocity pro short install

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    4

    Default New bolts arrived

    Quote Originally Posted by AFDoddzy View Post
    Hey guys, I know this post has been out for awhile but just got back from my deployment and opened up my box with the new exhaust and I believe mine is missing the two longer bolts. The two 3/4” bolts were in the bag with the other hardware but no 1” bolts. Were all four bolts in your bags?
    Nevermind. Got it sorted out with DG. Sent them a photo of what came in my hardware bag and they overnighted the missing bolts to me. Just arrived today and can’t wait to hook this exhaust up. All your tips throughout this thread will help out a lot.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AFDoddzy View Post
    Nevermind. Got it sorted out with DG. Sent them a photo of what came in my hardware bag and they overnighted the missing bolts to me. Just arrived today and can’t wait to hook this exhaust up. All your tips throughout this thread will help out a lot.
    I bet you’re out of your mind excited right now. Please post some pics of your 9 with your new exhaust installed, and tell us what you think of the sound/tone of your new exhaust. I bet you’re going to be drooling all over your bike once you hear the new rumble it has. 😁👍🏾👍👊🏾👊✋🏾✋😁

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    4

    Default Stand still

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I bet you’re out of your mind excited right now. Please post some pics of your 9 with your new exhaust installed, and tell us what you think of the sound/tone of your new exhaust. I bet you’re going to be drooling all over your bike once you hear the new rumble it has. 😁👍🏾👍👊🏾👊✋🏾✋😁
    I undoubtedly will once I get this problem solved. Removed the old exhaust but one of the bottom bracket bolts had been caked with thread lock and even with being very careful during removal the bolt sheared. Even one of my good screw extractors from work sheared off inside the bolt and now it will be three times more difficult to remove. I may need to take it to a shop to get removed and hopefully it won’t need re-tapped. It just had to be that one bolt at the bottom needed for the new exhaust bracket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B9BFB7E0-CBF4-45EA-9D64-F92473E3D306.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	383718  

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Winter Florida, Summer Kentucky
    Posts
    537

    Default

    [QUOTE=W8INLINE;3981094]This is the only thing extra I had to get.
    /QUOTE]

    I see that it's listed for 2014 and up. Mine is a 2013. Thanks for your response. I will check further.

  7. #35
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AFDoddzy View Post
    I undoubtedly will once I get this problem solved. Removed the old exhaust but one of the bottom bracket bolts had been caked with thread lock and even with being very careful during removal the bolt sheared. Even one of my good screw extractors from work sheared off inside the bolt and now it will be three times more difficult to remove. I may need to take it to a shop to get removed and hopefully it won’t need re-tapped. It just had to be that one bolt at the bottom needed for the new exhaust bracket.
    Wow, that really sucks Bro. I hope a shop can remove it for you without tearing up the threads, so you can complete your exhaust install and start enjoying its new growl.

  8. #36
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    [QUOTE=Metalman;3981328]
    Quote Originally Posted by W8INLINE View Post
    This is the only thing extra I had to get.
    /QUOTE]

    I see that it's listed for 2014 and up. Mine is a 2013. Thanks for your response. I will check further.
    The one posted should work fine on your bike.

    This is the one I use, its a bit more $$ but they work fine and Meancycles has them in stock usually so we get them in 2 days.

    https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=222600

    BCS

  9. #37
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Winter Florida, Summer Kentucky
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Thanks Charles.

  10. #38
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    Thanks Charles.

    No problem,
    If you want to see what the VPR exhaust is all about before you purchase one stop by my place and take my bike for a ride.
    The bike is up on the stand but my jack is in the garage and its not a big deal to take it down off the stand.

    The VPR is a nice exhaust and has a great tone, but its loud.
    My ears ring for quite a while after a long ride.
    The longer version seems a great deal quieter, at least from a riders stand point since its the can is farther back on the bike and doesn't end right under your ear.

    BCS

  11. #39
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Winter Florida, Summer Kentucky
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Thanks Charles. I am in Kentucky for the summer. I rode your bike into your garage after we took photos of the bikes, flag, and baton. The sound is very nice, but of course I didn't rev it up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •