M109 Rider Forums banner

looking at NOS need info (no b****ing please)

3K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  BOSS_man 
#1 ·
Good morning folks! Owner here of a 16 BOSS. Dual big air kn intakes velocity pro 2-1 exhaust ecu custom flash done. Big bike and some big power. But now I’m looking for that little extra (some pull away power) in case I guy is hangin in there and you can’t quite get away... aka NOS.. so before the crying and whining starts about searching the forums for this info I’ll tell you that I have but have been unable to find exactly what I’m looking for so here it goes! Ok look at rough instal prices for NOS as well as what size of shot would be (safe) for the big girl. Any upgrades you’d recommend before Nos? Any help is greatly appreciated! Have a good day everyone

#2 ·
Good morning folks! Owner here of a 16 BOSS. Dual big air kn intakes velocity pro 2-1 exhaust ecu custom flash done. Big bike and some big power. But now I'm looking for that little extra (some pull away power) in case I guy is hangin in there and you can't quite get away... aka NOS.. so before the crying and whining starts about searching the forums for this info I'll tell you that I have but have been unable to find exactly what I'm looking for so here it goes! Ok look at rough instal prices for NOS as well as what size of shot would be (safe) for the big girl. Any upgrades you'd recommend before Nos? Any help is greatly appreciated! Have a good day everyone
Every question you may have can be answered by DYNOTUNE Inc. They are one of the leading NOS suppliers in the U.S. Their number is (941) 753-8899, and web address is www.dynotune.org.

#4 ·
Guy that used to own this site, Lamonster, had NOS on his bike. Had dual canisters IIRC, one on each side hanging off the rear, painted to match his custom paint job. So you wouldn't be the first. Just sayin, not bitchin or whinin! LOL!! :duck:

#5 ·
You say "Custom ECU Tune"......so you had your ECU custom tuned by a dyno shop?

Or did you mail it in and have it flashed?

Either way more than likely your timing was advanced if you got a performance ECU tune.

When you add the NOS you will not want your timing to be so advanced or you may experience detonation.

BCS

#6 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong since I wasn't around these forums back then, but didn't Lamonster have some serious problems with his bike, possible due to the extra power? I thought I read somewhere that he snapped his drive shaft or that others with NOS have.

#11 ·
Do you run the 9 on Friday's? I've been trying to get up there and run my truck a few times but haven't been able to put it all together. Would be cool to see someone run a 9 down the 1/4.

#8 ·
nos in this big girl is a bad idea. Yes he did have issues but he had way more work done than the op. OP i suggest dino for sure before you even think of running nos. Going to need some more air probably too.

#9 ·
Nos is a bad thing for bike motors over time. It literally significantly kills the lifespan of the motor. Many of us want more power out of our bikes, but personally, I’m not willing to subject my motors to the torcher Nos will place on them over time. It’s just not worth it, in my opinion.

#10 ·
Not only does it torture the motor, but think of the drive-line on these bikes. Most notably poor old second gear. I'm not sure the stock drive-line is up to NOS. And yes, there have been broken driveshafts on these bikes, and they were mostly stock. I'd never do it, but it's not my decision. This is why I have two bikes, the Nine for power cruisin, and the B-King for thrashing. :D

#23 ·
I'm with you. Would love to have that shot. I guess like you say, it must be for role on rather than hammering. I'll be watching your progress as it would be a blast to have. I did a role on with a Hellcat this summer from 120kmh to 180kmh and when I dropped to 3rd at 120kmh I did pull away. With a proper shot would be able to destroy him

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.