M109 Rider Forums banner

What are peoples other toys

6K views 60 replies 40 participants last post by  cbxer55 
#1 ·
Please lets keep this one clean lol.

I am curious to see what other vehicular addictions we have going on here in the world of 9. I love my old Dodge Diesel, but the Cancer has all but taken her body on me. I am currently looking for another truck to drop the Oil burner in, but the Love of my life is another Suzuki. It is a rare find for you poor Southern boys. A 1987 LWB Samurai with a few Mods. Her current set up is a little long winded as she is a bit of a Frankenstein of Parts. It sits on Toyota 8" axles with 5.29 gears and uses 6.4:1 gear set in the T case, behind a factory 5 speed and a Tracker injected 1.6L. Needless to say, it is not fast, but at 124:1 crawl ratio, it climbs like a goat. She is affectionately known as Frogzilla or the Frog.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·

I am curious to see what other vehicular addictions we have going on here in the world of 9. I love my old Dodge Diesel, but the Cancer has all but taken her body on me. I am currently looking for another truck to drop the Oil burner in, but the Love of my life is another Suzuki. It is a rare find for you poor Southern boys. A 1987 LWB Samurai with a few Mods. Her current set up is a little long winded as she is a bit of a Frankenstein of Parts. It sits on Toyota 8" axles with 5.29 gears and uses 6.4:1 gear set in the T case, behind a factory 5 speed and a Tracker injected 1.6L. Needless to say, it is not fast, but at 124:1 crawl ratio, it climbs like a goat. She is affectionately known as Frogzilla or the Frog.

View attachment 361145
Mine is 2003 Mach 1, fully built turbo stroker.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#6 ·

View attachment 361145
Now that's a toy I also identify with. I built a 'zuk with each of my daughters but stuck with escudos (you call them sidekicks) as they're much nicer for learner drivers. My eldest and I still use this one - known as 'Fred' - regularly.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=20a22f26f211bb9dd5abf71ddccb40b2&oe=5AA5C564

#18 ·
I have owned a few Tracker/Sidekick/whatever they want to call them. but Frogzilla has been my baby for a long time and I always go back to it. I did a few Trackers as Winter beater/mild wheelers, but you can't get away from a purpose built off road truck that you never worry about having to drive to work on Monday. If I lived in Europe I would likely do a Tracker and be happy as there isn't a lot of room for tow rigs and trailer hauled machines over there.

#10 ·

#12 ·
I love seeing the old zuks still goin! I think that is goin to be my next project. Ive got an old 84' toyota truggy i like to beat on every now and then:) 22re, full exo, twin sticked with 2:28 in the front box and 4:7 in the rear. 5.29 diffs with detroits in the middle. Crossover steering with rear up front springs and the front axle moved forward 5.5".

Attachments

#15 ·
2013 M109R with a few mods.
2016 Victory Magnum with a few mods
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T collecting parts for mods
2012 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Duramax stock for the most part.
2013 Grizzly 700 with some mods
2013 Grizzly 550 with some mods
Two 2007 Kawasaki KFX 90s for the grandkids. Gotta start them off early!

#17 ·
2002 Silverado extended cab. Just some bolt on mods.
2005 Escalade engine, transmission, ecu, wiring harness, and full interior. Came with an
'05 Denali Cluster, but I bought an Escalade cluster and had it worked over 1st. All steppers
and lights were changed out. Now lights up blue. Once installed I had Denali cluster done
as well. But lighting was left with white, but left blue overlay. So it lights up light blue. I am
trying to sell that cluster, but if it doesnt sell, I'll put it in later on, has under 200k on it. (Pic below)
The Escalade came with the LQ9 engine which was the same as the Silverado Super Sport.
Rear gears are 3.73s (which i like) and limited slip. Rear brakes upgraded to Escalade set.
That gives me another piston in the caliper and an inch in the diameter of the rotors. Rolling
attire is a set of 22" LTZ Replicas. Here PLENTY call em Tx Edition Reps. But they were on LTZ
models. Moreso than on a Texas Edition actually. Drives me insane to hear Tx Edition, LMAO.
As far as suspension, I have 2" lowering spindles, 3" lowering coils, MOOG Problem Solver
upper control arms/ball joints. I unpressed the BJs, flipped the UCAs, and pressed the BJs
back in. Corrects the negative camber from being dropped 5" in the front. Also chopped
out some extra metal in the fender to give clearance. The rear is 2" lowering hangers,
6" Axle Flip kit, and 1" lift shakles. Has NitroDrop shocks on all 4 corners to make it truly
ride like a Cadillac. The frame has a 6" notch for the axle to not bang the frame. Swapped the
2002 tail lights for a set from an 04, as well as tail light wiring to give proper flash. Paint is
about 4 years old, is a true Plasti Dip paint job. Rattle can from Home Depot. Yeah. I like it.
Audio system...pieced together various brands. Sounds 100% perfect. Wont go into too much
detail, but 6.5" components up front, 6.5 coaxials in rear doors, 4 ch amp on those, a mono
block on a pair of 15" subs in the ext cab. (old system from it is for sale two 6.5 subs. pic below)
As for performance....only custom intake and exhaust bolted up. Have Turbo setup from a
reputable company sitting in storage, waiting for other things first, before install.

My '13 Turbo Veloster...

#24 ·
I like taking new technology and putting it into older cars.

The 68 Chevy C10 has the engine (4.8l), transmission (4L80e), complete wiring harness, steering column, dash cluster and fuel pump out of a 2004 GMC Savana 2500 van.

The 65 Buick skylark wagon has the engine (5.3l), Transmission (4L60e), complete wiring harness, steering column and dash cluster out of a 99 Silverado.

-Josh

Attachments

#25 ·
I like taking new technology and putting it into older cars.

The 68 Chevy C10 has the engine (4.8l), transmission (4L80e), complete wiring harness, steering column, dash cluster and fuel pump out of a 2004 GMC Savana 2500 van.

The 65 Buick skylark wagon has the engine (5.3l), Transmission (4L60e), complete wiring harness, steering column and dash cluster out of a 99 Silverado.

-Josh
Nice work. I almost bought an 85 C10 with a 4.8L and a 4L80 in it, I was already planning the 5.3L or 6.0L swap. I really just need a clean square body to drop my 5.9L 12v and NV4500 in.

#30 ·
Not too much time for toys, but did pick up a Jeep for fun about 6 months ago.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

#32 ·
Too many hobbies. This is the short list. The stuff I try to use weekly/monthly. Many more guns, DDs, and such.
Fly for work. Don't need that fix any longer. Had a restoration business many moons ago and had everything from a Staggerwing to a Pby.
Troy

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.