M109 Rider Forums banner

MAM-I'm still not going miss it

3K views 32 replies 25 participants last post by  lamont@48 
#1 ·
Had a little mishap Wednesday nite after leaving bike night in Indy-1st I wanna say that I'm totally ok didn't fall or drop bike but what happen was getting on expressway that was in construction zone while entering expressway was down to 3 lanes-far left lane cars were flowing - barrels were leading to shoulder and middle lanes-but shoulder had notches in ground which is normal to let you know you drifting onto shoulder also shoulder had lot of debris on them so when I saw that on shoulder I wasn't going ride that way so I assumed I was suppose to go the the left to get in far left lane-now the barrels were spread far enough apart that a car could go thru them and as i went in between the barrel a patch of the road had been removed about 6inches deep and probably 4 feet long- I go in it straight-and come out straight but after I come out I pull over after 50 yards away to check out bike lucky the crew behind me stopped traffic until I could pull over safely they say my back wheel came off ground about 2feet- luckily I was only about mile away from brother house -get there and check out bike - 1-front rim bent-2-dent in tank about size of quarter I'm assuming that came from my knee when I clinched tank with them 3-little damage on front fender -4-rear cowl broke clamps to mounting bracket either from when rear wheel landed or I landed on rear of seat and pushed back on the cowl after bike landed few other minor things but all those were fixed before I left brothers house - don't see any other damage as of yet - so sad to say I won't be bringing my bike but I'll be on another 9 see y'all Tuesday

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#20 ·
My heart goes out to you.... so many hours and now shes not going. Glad you got a sense of humor and are OK. Take her.... Stay safe on the trip there.

RIDE ALL YOU CAN. LIFE IS SHORT.
Yeah I've been in garage all winter just for MAM but I'll still making it that's the good part

Wow. That could've ended much worse. Glad you're okay.
Thx and yeah it could have been

Ah, man, that sucks!!! But, hey, it could have been so much worse - so I guess you should count your Blessings! Glad you're still coming to the MAM - way to find the silver lining. :bigthumbsup:
Yeap counting blessing everyday

Hey Mary, I hope I can get some BikerGranny blessings too. Just look for me I'll be in the corner hiding with my big red machine.
We all going get some BikerGranny blessings also

I'm glad to hear you're okay Bro. The bike can be repaired, and certain items replaced.
Thx bro yeah now that I sit back and look at everything it's not really bad at all

That sux man......
Just going keep the bike sidelined couple more weeks

I'm glad you are ok and still able to make it to MAM. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. That must have been one ruff ride to do that much damage, but at least you didn't go down! Where did the other 9 you are bringing come from?
Thx bro yep I'll be there Tuesday - it happened so quick didn't know what had really happened until I said to myself what the Fu.. did I just hit :) bringing down my cousins 9

Damn bro sorry to hear this, you can fix that rim with a 2 x 4 and a sledge hammer and wont even notice it. I've done it before. Put a rear seat on and you can still go.
Appreciate that bro- maybe I'll bring rim with me and let you work your magic in it -yeah I could put rear seat on but I hate that look :) I'm not going say who suggested to me to ask you if you had a stock front rim for me to use - I was like I'm not riding with mix match rims we got some die hard riders in this site :)

:agree: Ive done it to car mag wheels too...
Nylon face mallet or timber with rags and a BIG hammer...
May give it a try

Damn, hate to hear this....but glad to hear you are ok. That sounds like it could have been much worse. Good to see you are staying positive and still going to the MAM! :bigthumbsup:
Thx bro I've been waiting 362 days for MAM.:)

That sucks man your bike is one of my favorites.Glad you are ok and didn't go down.
Thx- it 1 of my favorites also I have it on 1 of my screen savers :)

Glad your okay Bruh...Crazy thing is Matt and I were just talking how we don't like riding this close to meet..Headed to Matt's in a few to load up.
Thx bro I know it was 1 of those things where I hadn't rode in couple days and it was 90 degrees so I just needed to get out for a bit-

Glad your ok bro
Thx bro

You came out smelling like a rose! Next time you ride on the street, get some off road tires!

Glad you are okay, enjoy MAM, wish I could be there! A lot of great people I want to meet, and a couple I have had the opportunity to meet already!
Thx Yeap great people/ family here in this site

Make sure you take a really good look at your rear wheel, good chance that is also bent but not as noticeable due to how wide it is.
I will do that again

Thank goodness you are ok dude. It sure could have been a lot worse. I hope you get your 9 sorted soon buddy.
Thx already working on getting it back on road

WOW, so glad your ok. You have my vote for the grand prize at the MAM. If I had the means to get you rolling again I'd help out .kudos to you riding skills
Yeah that would be nice but I couldn't use them because they chrome I'm not a chrome whore:)) I've only been riding since 1983 :)

#4 ·
Ah, man, that sucks!!! But, hey, it could have been so much worse - so I guess you should count your Blessings! Glad you're still coming to the MAM - way to find the silver lining. :bigthumbsup:

#9 ·
Damn bro sorry to hear this, you can fix that rim with a 2 x 4 and a sledge hammer and wont even notice it. I've done it before. Put a rear seat on and you can still go.

#11 ·
Damn, hate to hear this....but glad to hear you are ok. That sounds like it could have been much worse. Good to see you are staying positive and still going to the MAM! :bigthumbsup:

#21 ·
I have a set of stock wheels (gray) with 160/260 Metz on them I can bring for you if you want. The rear will need the Cush drive swapped over tho. I'll have my bike jack and tools with me as well. We can definitely get your 9 on the road if you want.

Its great that your cousin is loaning you his 9! :bigthumbsup:

#25 ·
I have a set of stock wheels (gray) with 160/260 Metz on them I can bring for you if you want. The rear will need the Cush drive swapped over tho. I'll have my bike jack and tools with me as well. We can definitely get your 9 on the road if you want.

Its great that your cousin is loaning you his 9! :bigthumbsup:
Thanks for asking but that's ok just got back from Michigan from picking it up will be riding to Indy in mrgn to drop it off to Matt

Damn bro, that makes 2 bad ass 9's that are not coming due to accidents. Glad you can still make it though. See you Wednesday.
Thanks Keith yep can't wait to see you

wow that was crazy. glad your okay.
Yeah it was a bumpy ride for sure :) thanks

Glad your ok brother,,good to hear your still gonna make the meet, I was a little worried about that,,,well I guess since your not bringing the beast I can leave my cover at home...see you soon..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm have another beast it's just not mine. :) so now I'll be bringing the cover

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.