M109 Rider Forums banner

Rattle

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  evil0990 
#1 ·
I have got a rattle that is driving me nuts. I sat down and tightened for about an hour not finding anything loose and it is still happening. I only hear it on decel but it's a metallic rattling.

Or I wonder if I'm just going crazy? Anyone know if a rattling sound is first sign of insanity?

#4 ·
I have got a rattle that is driving me nuts. I sat down and tightened for about an hour not finding anything loose and it is still happening. I only hear it on decel but it's a metallic rattling.

Or I wonder if I'm just going crazy? Anyone know if a rattling sound is first sign of insanity?
Is it possible that is sound from your clutch dampening springs? Does it

do that when you depress the clutch lever even when you are at rest??
Nope. It appears to be doing it clutch out on decel. Best I can figure Is engine shifts on decel and is maybe rubbing against a heatshield or something. Taking it to shop on Saturday till I find it.

#5 ·
Mine had the similar sound, turns out it was a metal bracket on the rear fender plastic. Its between the splash guard and rear fender. I changed my tailight and forgot to tighten this metal bracket so it was making this annoying noise.

Maybe this helps figuring out problem:D

#6 ·
I had a similar rattle a while back, turned out to be one of the little rubbers on the heat shield of the exhaust had decided it had enough and left so the tab would vibrate at certain revs and was really f***ing annoying until I found out what was causing it

#15 ·
So an update. Dropped bike off at mountain motorsports on June 23rd. My claim is now on the 3rd persons desk and we are over 1 month in to replace a $200 part...

Suzuki cant seem to decide whether to fix it or not and just keeps asking for more pictures and transferring it to someone else.

#16 ·
Got a call from dealership today. Suzuki said they aren't going to fix bike because I'm 4 months out of warranty and the part is only cosmetic.

I told the dealership fine fix it. $225 for the heatshield.

They call me back and said it's on back order and it doesnt say when it will be available.

Not too fond of suzuki right now

#17 · (Edited)
If it is a heat shield on your exhaust you can fine people selling the entire stock exhaust for around $100.00.

Don't think I would pay $225 for a piece of a stock heat shield, I would put that $225 toward purchasing an aftermarket exhaust before I did that.

Suzuki is obviously not going to warranty your bike anymore.......so forget about that stock crap and let the modding begin. :bigthumbsup:

BCS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.