Any one ever used a GREEN LIGHT TRIGGER?
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Any one ever used a GREEN LIGHT TRIGGER?

  1. #1
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    270

    Default Any one ever used a GREEN LIGHT TRIGGER?

    Had this ad pop up today on my Instagram!
    https://greenlighttriggers.com/

    Anyone ever seen one or used one? I live in area that often I can get stuck at lights at night!
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    1,762

    Post

    Thatís a nice device. The state of North Carolina has a 3 minute rule after coming to a complete stop to proceed.

    JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

  4. #3

    Default

    I've never had one on my bike but the device looks promising.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    5,025

    Default

    Thank you Stitch. That is a great find. I never think about one of these, unless/until Iím out on one of my bikes, and I get caught sitting at a red light for an extended period of time, in this super-hot Texas heat. In just a few minutes, Iím going to order one for each of my bikes.

    Thanks again Stitch.😁👍🏽👊🏽👍🏽😁

    Bobby

  7. #5
    Very Active Member meierjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The Rose; Central Alberta
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Most, or a lot of the traffic cameras where we live in Canada are being moved from the inductive loop to a video camera that detects traffic presence and even flow. Unfortunately these will not work on those intersections.

  8. #6
    Very Active Member Metalman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Winter Florida, Summer Kentucky
    Posts
    624

    Default

    I have seen devices that are supposed to increase the mass of a motorcycle to allow the sensors in the road to recognize a motorcycle. They were nothing more than a steel pipe that was strapped to the lower frame member. I don't believe that these devices were very effective. I am skeptical about this magnet. I presume it would require riding over a specific area in the pavement.

  9. #7
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    5,025

    Default

    The instructions I read stated you must position your bike in the middle of the lane of traffic, allowing the magnet to emit its full transmission to activate the mechanism underground, causing the light to change much sooner. The manufacturer also states the DLT 2.0 is 3x more powerful than the 1.0 version. For $30.00, it’s certainly not an expensive risk. We’ve all probably spent a heck of a lot more cash for others items for our bikes that turned out to be a bust. I know I certainly have.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:23 AM.

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Springfield MO
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    Thatís a nice device. The state of North Carolina has a 3 minute rule after coming to a complete stop to proceed.
    Missouri has a similar law, if you wait at a red light for a reasonable amount of time and there is no traffic in the intersection you can proceed through the red.

  11. #9
    Very Active Member Mrtallguy67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gardner, KS
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfolkert View Post
    Missouri has a similar law, if you wait at a red light for a reasonable amount of time and there is no traffic in the intersection you can proceed through the red.
    Kansas has a dead red law as well. What part of Missouri are you in bud?

    BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

  12. #10
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    The instructions I read stated you must position your bike in the middle of the lane of traffic, allowing the magnet to emit its full transmission to activate the mechanism underground, causing the light to change much sooner. The manufacturer also states the DLT 2.0 is 3x more powerful than the 1.0 version. For $30.00, itís certainly not an expensive risk. Weíve all probably spent a heck of a lot more cash for others items for our bikes that turned out to be a bust. I know I certainly have.
    Think I may try one see how it works!
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


  13. #11
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    5,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post
    Think I may try one see how it works!
    From everything I read, including testimonials/reviews, I think itís going to work great. Of course, I have no prior experience with the product, but I have no reason to be skeptical about it, solely based on how the product is designed, and how it has been improved.

  14. #12
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    From everything I read, including testimonials/reviews, I think itís going to work great. Of course, I have no prior experience with the product, but I have no reason to be skeptical about it, solely based on how the product is designed, and how it has been improved.
    Will see if I can snag one soon give non-bias review take it out late one night see how it does if I notice a difference I know TWO lights in town I have issues with!

    Maybe I can use heavy duty velcro and see if I can video before and after my phones is acting up and my Go Pros dont want connect so maybe few weeks till i figure out this mess!

    Phone is on its last leg!
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


  15. #13
    Very Active Member Metalman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Winter Florida, Summer Kentucky
    Posts
    624

    Default

    When I first started riding (1960s), there were no electronic controls for red lights, there were steel trip plates imbedded in the pavement at intersections. The smaller bikes didn't weigh enough to cause the light to change from red to green. Since I was riding small bikes back then, I used to have to bounce the front wheel up and down on the plate to get it to change. At that time lights would change from red to amber to green.

  16. #14

    Default

    I just order one. We will see how it works. There's one particular red-light near my house where I always get stuck waiting forever.

  17. #15
    Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    1,762

    Post

    There are at least five major intersections that I use to go to work. During the morning rush traffic the lights work fine but at night or early morning hours (12am-6am) I would get hung up driving my truck or car. When I'm on my bike at night or early morning hours, I would wait 30 seconds then proceed thru because of the history of waiting at those lights.

    JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

  18. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post
    Had this ad pop up today on my Instagram!
    https://greenlighttriggers.com/

    Anyone ever seen one or used one? I live in area that often I can get stuck at lights at night!

    I put a magnet with 320lb pull on mine for getting into a parking garage at a job I had a while back. It seems that it uses the same technology as the lights by measuring the metal content of the vehicle. Obviously the metal on a motorcycle is much less and distributed differently. It worked like a charm. I put it up with a bolt and nut to make sure it stays in place under the bike.

    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Good luck!

  19. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Springfield MO
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    Kansas has a dead red law as well. What part of Missouri are you in bud?
    Sorry, just seen this. I am in Springfield

  20. #18
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    Thatís a nice device. The state of North Carolina has a 3 minute rule after coming to a complete stop to proceed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfolkert View Post
    Missouri has a similar law, if you wait at a red light for a reasonable amount of time and there is no traffic in the intersection you can proceed through the red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    Kansas has a dead red law as well. What part of Missouri are you in bud?
    You 'Muricans have all the best laws!!
    I'm so conditioned to Canadian restrictions, it never even occurred to me this could be an option!
    Lots of intersections around me which don't give a flying... fig newton about my 800lb bike and I could sit there all day.
    In Canada, the closest thing we have to a "dead red" rule is when nobody is looking.


  21. #19
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Well... full props for ingenuity and gumption to Scott Kauffman the patent holder, he managed to get a patent for using a magnet to trip an induction loop, which is exactly what they are designed to do. Like inventing a tea cup which can also hold coffee... genius.


    I don't see any reason it wouldn't work, as long as the neodymium magnet is strong enough to disrupt the field generated by your average traffic sensor. His patent says "90%" of the tests confirmed it worked. Good enough.

    And his video is a bit off, as it says it is an "electromagnet" which "conducts" to the sensor (if anything, the loop in the sensor is actually a very weak electromagnet, not his product). It is neither of those things, but it sounds cool in a video with a large breasted woman holding it in her manicured fingers. Lol.


    All debunking aside, it looks like a clean solution and a similarly powered magnet is about $20 CAD retail (you can buy one yourself), and I often get stuck at lights like this in my area, so I may try one also.


  22. #20
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VinceQ View Post
    I put a magnet with 320lb pull on mine for getting into a parking garage at a job I had a while back. It seems that it uses the same technology as the lights by measuring the metal content of the vehicle. Obviously the metal on a motorcycle is much less and distributed differently. It worked like a charm. I put it up with a bolt and nut to make sure it stays in place under the bike.

    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    All debunking aside, it looks like a clean solution and a similarly powered magnet is about $20 CAD retail (you can buy one yourself), and I often get stuck at lights like this in my area, so I may try one also.
    I would kinda owrry about some big ass mag under my bike drive over some tool or too close to shovel that dropped out of work truck that might be ride I would not enjoy with some object attaching itself to my bike at 60mph...
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


  23. #21
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post
    I would kinda owrry about some big ass mag under my bike drive over some tool or too close to shovel that dropped out of work truck that might be ride I would not enjoy with some object attaching itself to my bike at 60mph...
    Lol funny you would mention this - I absolutely thought the exact same thing! ...you drive around for an hour and come home with a bag of screws, an old muffler, and a busted coil spring stuck to your bike frame. hahaha

    I reasoned that the power of the magnet being used, while sufficient to disrupt a very weak and sensitive electromagnetic field, wouldn't be anywhere near strong enough to actually pick anything up from several inches away. Even Magnet-To-Magnet there are plenty of videos showing they need to be fairly close before they can attract *each other* - so... sadly, no cartoon-worthy pics of any of us dragging home somebody's busted bumper left on the road. Worst case - you come home early, beating all the red lights, with someone else's dislodged Green Light Trigger stuck to yours. Win/Win.


    EDIT: Boo... once again, no Canadian option. Looks like I'll be forced to violate another copywrite... :(
    Last edited by NoSetFine; 1 Week Ago at 09:20 PM.


  24. #22
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meierjn View Post
    Most, or a lot of the traffic cameras where we live in Canada are being moved from the inductive loop to a video camera that detects traffic presence and even flow. Unfortunately these will not work on those intersections.
    Did not know this? Saw the tech for it decades ago as a future-tech idea in a PopSci, I believe. Imagine that - I've finally lived long enough for future-tech to become government issue.


  25. #23
    Very Active Member meierjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The Rose; Central Alberta
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Did not know this? Saw the tech for it decades ago as a future-tech idea in a PopSci, I believe. Imagine that - I've finally lived long enough for future-tech to become government issue.
    The wires for the inductive loops in the pavement are not to reliable and would break as the pavement moves between seasons. New ones were always having to be cut in. With the video you can select very accurate zones to trigger the signals. They work very well.

  26. #24
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Lol funny you would mention this - I absolutely thought the exact same thing! ...you drive around for an hour and come home with a bag of screws, an old muffler, and a busted coil spring stuck to your bike frame. hahaha

    I reasoned that the power of the magnet being used, while sufficient to disrupt a very weak and sensitive electromagnetic field, wouldn't be anywhere near strong enough to actually pick anything up from several inches away. Even Magnet-To-Magnet there are plenty of videos showing they need to be fairly close before they can attract *each other* - so... sadly, no cartoon-worthy pics of any of us dragging home somebody's busted bumper left on the road. Worst case - you come home early, beating all the red lights, with someone else's dislodged Green Light Trigger stuck to yours. Win/Win.


    EDIT: Boo... once again, no Canadian option. Looks like I'll be forced to violate another copywrite... :(
    LOL this needs a meme! or a FORT NINE video! LOL
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
-->