Exhaust Actuator Clicking

Thread: Exhaust Actuator Clicking

Default Exhaust Actuator Clicking

I have owned a 2008 M109R2 for three years just sold it and bought a newer year. 2012 With only 6,000 miles. It has been awesome other than an annoying clicking sound that happens after the fuel pump finishes priming before I start her up. I searched around and found it is coming from the exhaust actuator. The silver arm keeps moving back and forth. The bike has the short curved freedom performance pipes. Just trying to reach out and see if anyone knows how to fix this. It also feels like there is a small hiccup while driving and holding the throttle steady. May have to do with this issue. Does the actuator even do anything now that the stock pipes have been replaced? Can I remove it? Did the person before me install it wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40987ABF-E9B3-4183-8CEF-AFFF56C0D803.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	389702  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mckay.steggell View Post
    I have owned a 2008 M109R2 for three years just sold it and bought a newer year. 2012 With only 6,000 miles. It has been awesome other than an annoying clicking sound that happens after the fuel pump finishes priming before I start her up. I searched around and found it is coming from the exhaust actuator. The silver arm keeps moving back and forth. The bike has the short curved freedom performance pipes. Just trying to reach out and see if anyone knows how to fix this. It also feels like there is a small hiccup while driving and holding the throttle steady. May have to do with this issue. Does the actuator even do anything now that the stock pipes have been replaced? Can I remove it? Did the person before me install it wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    https://youtu.be/FAvKXwRKyR4

i guess I need to install a servo eliminator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mckay.steggell View Post
    https://youtu.be/FAvKXwRKyR4

i guess I need to install a servo eliminator.
    Yup!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

To get rid of the noise your options are the eliminator or a flash. I'm living on a budget so I just put my '06 servo on my '19 BOSS with the new exhaust. I live with the noise for now until my warranty is up and I flash this thing.
    That little hiccup you describe is something that drives me crazy. My silver '06 does it and my '19 BOSS does it as well. At first I thought it was just my in ability to maintain constant throttle and the OE fuel cut was causing it when I slightly let off the throttle but I drive with a throttle lock, probably more than I should, and never really touch my handle bars...the hiccup is still there and it does it on both bikes.
    On the '06 I thought it may have been the PCIII USB having a loose wire or something with tuning but I do not have any tuners on the BOSS and it does the exact same thing.
    My hope it that the flash will take care of this anomaly.
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

Default Exhaust Actuator Clicking

My 2008 "hiccupped" as well when I put on the Cobra swept pipes. I sent the ECU to BCS to get the flash, and now it runs better than ever. Throttle response, low end power, overall smoother acceleration. I highly recommend the flash.

I have freedom pipes too (+ power commander) and my actuator is still there. It clicks and moves if it turn the key on but stops when the bike is fired up.

Is that still an issue/propblem ? (dont mean to hi-jack the thread, just asking as its the same topic with the same pipes)
    Last edited by Straycat; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:46 PM.
    2017 M109R, 2017 Africa Twin DCT, 2014 Honda VFR800 , 2003 Kawi Z1000, 2000 Kawi ZRX1100 ,2000 Ducati 748, 1989 Honda RC31 Hawk GT, 1985 VF1000R, 1985 VF1000R (Euro), 1986 Honda NS400R, 2017 Beta 300RR