Rider Down - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rider Down

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormiezzz View Post
    Many thanks BCS

I really appreciate your help. Let me know about the shipping costs. At least let me make good on that buddy.

Paul

No worries about that, you just concentrate on healing your bones.
    I am glad to send you what I can....wish I could send more.
    If you don't come up with the OEM lollypops let me know and I can pull them off of my bike and send to you. I have been wanting to de-bever my bike and change out the stock signals anyway. (Never seem to find the extra time or money to do it though)

BCS

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

What about 27 , 26, 28 ? Do you have those, or on the way?

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. July 26-30.
    Planning stage. Location secured

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?

Hi BC

Trust a women to be so meticulous. LOL

Yes, I am still looking for those too. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    What about 27 , 26, 28 ? Do you have those, or on the way?

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. July 26-30.
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT"

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

#28 black cover I have,ready to ship along with cluch lever and left front lollipop...I should have the rear also but havnt found it yet..will ship this week
    Stav

Thank you thank you thank you Stavros.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    #28 black cover I have,ready to ship along with cluch lever and left front lollipop...I should have the rear also but havnt found it yet..will ship this week

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

I commend you on your high spirits after such an ordeal, and my hope is that you recover better than you thought. What bits are you missing now, if i can id like to help.

Hi Skid

Thanks buddy. I am slowly recovering and getting better each and every day. My arms are still mostly out of action but little by little I am regaining movement again. I have always been very independent and the first person to help others in need wherever I can. My friends and loved ones have always seen me as the go-to-guy whenever they needed help with anything. Now the tables have turned and even though I sometimes get very frustrated not being able to do what I used to, I am learning to rely on friends and family a bit more. It takes time as I have never really asked anyone to help me with anything before. It's amazing how one takes things for granted and does not even give a second though to what things will be like without arms or legs etc. It's a weird feeling now that I am the one needing assistance with sometimes very minor tasks. Thankfully I am blessed with the very best friends and a loving family. It also won't help being negative about what has happened. I take each day as it comes. An obstacle has been thrown in my path and I am determined to shove it aside even if I have to break it into small chunks with my teeth. I am now more determined than ever. I value life and each and every day more and more. Perhaps my accident was not a bad thing. Maybe God had a plan and if so, I hope I live up to it. Anyways, that is how I honestly feel lately. Perhaps the thought of knowing that things could have been much worse is what keeps me thankful and in good spirit. Either way you look at it. I am still here and plan on bugging all of you on this forum for some time still.

Here is a list of parts that I still require:

NO.'s as per sketch;

18 - LHS stock front footrest with cast iron mount
    22 - LHS stock passenger footrest
    24 - Chrome headlight nacelle (Cover)
    25 - Black headlight nacelle (Cover)
    26 - Chrome Cover
    27 - Chrome Cover
    31 - LHS + RHS stock bar end covers
    32 - LHS stock rear indicator
    34 - Chrome stator cover (Some 9 already sent centre plate for the stator cover)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171023_155532.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	361122

Here are 2 pics of me after my operation. Pics were taken when I was still in hospital. Oh, and before anybody says anything......I am a lot prettier in person.

Name:	IMG-20170929-WA0064.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	361114

Name:	IMG-20170929-WA0060.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	361106

Quote Originally Posted by SKIDMARK View Post
    I commend you on your high spirits after such an ordeal, and my hope is that you recover better than you thought. What bits are you missing now, if i can id like to help.
    Last edited by stormiezzz; 11-01-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Default Progress report ?

Hope u feeling better Paul..

have a package leaving today..clutch lever and black side cover..

have not had a chance to get up to my cabin to find the rear turn signal..will be soon as I still have to pull boat and j-skis..

see if the dogsled gets it across the North poll quicker than the Florida pelicans..by X-mas hopefully
    Stav

Glad you're still here to talk about it, as the guys said heal up and everything will take of itself.

Thanks a million Stavros. I really appreciate it. If you are ever near my neck of the woods, hit me up and I will treat you Cape Town Style. God bless brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Hope u feeling better Paul..

have a package leaving today..clutch lever and black side cover..

have not had a chance to get up to my cabin to find the rear turn signal..will be soon as I still have to pull boat and j-skis..

see if the dogsled gets it across the North poll quicker than the Florida pelicans..by X-mas hopefully

Thanks tnomes.

I am going for a check-up again on Friday. If all is well, I will be starting my physio. I am so looking forward to getting back to normal.

P

Quote Originally Posted by tnomes1 View Post
    Glad you're still here to talk about it, as the guys said heal up and everything will take of itself.

Just read this post today! Very sorry to hear about your accident Paul. Like many others have already said, your here to talk about it, thankfully.
    What are your plans for the tank? Are you going to have it repaired and painted? The reason I ask is, I have a complete headlight assembly I can send you, but, it's 2008 gray. If your having the tank painted perhaps they could paint the gray nacelle as well. Let know if you'd like it, or want to wait to find a black one.
    Dean

How you making out stormie...hope all is progressing well..any parts show up yet..
    Stav

Hi Guys

It has been almost 2 years since I last checked in on this forum. I have to say that I missed chatting with you guys. The reason for my absence is that I had a few setbacks with regards to my shoulders but all is good now and I am once again back to normal or at least about 85% there. It was a long healing process and I had to get my mindset right again about what happened to me but I have always been positive and I am happy to report that I am ready to hit the road again.

Now with regards to my bike...... It's been repaired and is running like a dream. Many thanks to all the generous folk on this forum. I will never forget the generosity and there is no way that I am able to properly communicate my gratitude, appreciation, and thanks to all that assisted me and wished me well on my recovery. God bless you all.

A long road, indeed stormie! I just went back and read the opening post again - you sound like a very interesting, very positive guy with the only kind of mindset to successfully "survive" (emotionally) this type of life event. I wish you the best in the coming days and weeks as you get comfortable with riding again - some would probably call you crazy after all you have been through - but "we" understand.

Just wanted to thank YOU for thanking your digital support group here - your attitude is inspiring, not only for me to keep in mind should something like this ever happen to me, but even just for countering those Tough Days we all sometimes have, in general.

Godspeed, my riding friend.

I just read this whole thread and am truley impressed with the generosiity of everyone! I'm glad your doing much better and happy to see that your bike is all fixred up! Best wishes to you and your family.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormiezzz View Post
    Hi Guys

It has been almost 2 years since I last checked in on this forum. I have to say that I missed chatting with you guys. The reason for my absence is that I had a few setbacks with regards to my shoulders but all is good now and I am once again back to normal or at least about 85% there. It was a long healing process and I had to get my mindset right again about what happened to me but I have always been positive and I am happy to report that I am ready to hit the road again.

Now with regards to my bike...... It's been repaired and is running like a dream. Many thanks to all the generous folk on this forum. I will never forget the generosity and there is no way that I am able to properly communicate my gratitude, appreciation, and thanks to all that assisted me and wished me well on my recovery. God bless you all.
    great tho hear from you, awesome

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?

Many thanks for the kind words NSF. To be blatantly honest, I would not be as positive without all the friends I have made with fellow riders on this forum. Their generosity and well wishes is what got me in the frame of mind to realise that I only had a small hiccup in life and that I can get back in the saddle again. Having received all the parts needed from the kind folk on this forum kinda forced me to fix my bike and once again gaze at it in awe. Now that myself and my bike is fixed, I can ride again. I am sure you can imagine the feeling :) Some have said that the old school brotherhood of biking is long gone. Well, this forum is living proof that it is not just alive and kicking, it rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    A long road, indeed stormie! I just went back and read the opening post again - you sound like a very interesting, very positive guy with the only kind of mindset to successfully "survive" (emotionally) this type of life event. I wish you the best in the coming days and weeks as you get comfortable with riding again - some would probably call you crazy after all you have been through - but "we" understand.

Just wanted to thank YOU for thanking your digital support group here - your attitude is inspiring, not only for me to keep in mind should something like this ever happen to me, but even just for countering those Tough Days we all sometimes have, in general.

Godspeed, my riding friend.

Thanks buddy. I will add a few pics of the "repair day"

Quote Originally Posted by meierjn View Post
    I just read this whole thread and am truley impressed with the generosiity of everyone! I'm glad your doing much better and happy to see that your bike is all fixred up! Best wishes to you and your family.

Thanks BC. It's been a long time since we last communicated. Hope all is well on your side. :)

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    great tho hear from you, awesome

This was the great repair. I had some friends over, threw a nice BBQ (Braai in South Africa) after the build to say thanks, and we all had a great time putting old Sally back together again.

Name:	IMG_20190525_181414.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	385820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190525_181418.jpg 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	385822Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190525_181419.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	385824Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190525_181423.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	385826Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190525_181431.jpg 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	385828