Rotator Cuff surgery help

Thread: Rotator Cuff surgery help

Default Rotator Cuff surgery help

Just had Rotator Cuff surgery today. Anybody got any advice on getting back to riding condition? What to do and what not to do?
    07 Black M109R, Full cut Suz Gel Seat, CW Drivers backrest, Forward pegs, Breakaway Cruize Control, GI-PRO Blue, 2 inch risers, 2.25 lowering bones, Techmount radar det mnt, Tach relocate, alarm, debeavered, debadged, debitched

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'm actually going in today for shoulder surgery as a result of my MC accident about a year and a half ago. I had surgery on my other shoulder about 10 years ago as well. My best advice is to do the physio as instructed by your surgeon and physiotherapist. Its going to be tough at times, but keep doing it and your results should be good. Also, protect yourself from falls. Make sure you're staying away from slippery surfaces, watching where you walk, and using hand rails where they are available. Don't be afraid to use others for balance or help whenever you need it. The last thing you want to do is fall and re-injure yourself. And finally, stay on top of your pain meds. Just because you're not feeling pain at one point in time doesn't mean you will not be in pain when your medication wears off! If you miss your medication as prescribed it will take some time to build up the needed dosage in your system again.

I hope to be ready for the ridding season as well but I'm not going to rush it if I'm not ready. I'll continue to follow this thread to keep you updated. Good luck!

So I have to ask, why are you inquiring what you should be doing on a motorcycle forum, instead of your doctor? They should have referred you to a physical therapy group for your rehab. I'm doing this right now. Torn rotator and bicep. Surgery was 11/1 and I started 2 weeks after, 3 times a week. Still going. It's a lengthy process. Work related injury. Don't rush it and do what they tell you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!