Anyone have any info or experience with this exhaust?

Thread: Anyone have any info or experience with this exhaust?

Default Anyone have any info or experience with this exhaust?

Iím considering this exhaust for my 14í model 9, for good reason. It has some characteristics that really peak my interest. But, before I commit to it I need to know as much about it as possible, as it really expensive. Please chime in (anyone), and let me know what you know, so I can make an informed decision.

Below is a link and pic to the exhaust in question (Freedom Performance 2 into 1 Turnout Exhaust).

https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=230311

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Hmmm, that just peaked my interest as well. Have you came across any pics of it installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpapa View Post
    Hmmm, that just peaked my interest as well. Have you came across any pics of it installed?
    Unfortunately I havenít BP. I searched all over YouTube yesterday, trying to find a clip of it installed on an M109R, and found nothing. There were plenty clips of it installed on HDs and a couple of other brands, and they didnít sound good at all. I believe the V-Twin motor in our 9s would produce a much different and much better sound. Nevertheless, Iím going to continue searching until I get all of the information I can obtain on the exhaust. This is the closest, and could possibly be even better than the McCoyís exhaust, which was a true horsepower-producing exhaust for the 9. The reason I say it could possibly be even better than the McCoy exhaust is because the McCoy exhaust was only stepped down twice in the headers, whereas the Freedom Performance Turnout exhaust is stepped down three times in the headers. To my knowledge, that is where the true horsepower and performance is derived. Was there something else that peaked your interest BP?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Looks LOUD!

Bet it's new to the M109 world, which is why you can't find one on a bike. I've never seen it before.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Very Active Member

I like the look of it on some of the harley pics, specifically the baggers. It flows well on those bikes and turns out right at the bags. That being said, I’m not sure if it’ll look all that good on the M.

Performance is important, but it’s gotta flow with the looks of the bike as well

I say go ahead and be the guinea pig and let’s answer all of the questions! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpapa View Post
    I like the look of it on some of the harley pics, specifically the baggers. It flows well on those bikes and turns out right at the bags. That being said, Iím not sure if itíll look all that good on the M.

Performance is important, but itís gotta flow with the looks of the bike as well

I say go ahead and be the guinea pig and letís answer all of the questions! Lol
    In my opinion, I think it looks similar to the Hard Krome Shorty SideBurner or IceBox Shorty SideBurner, by the length of it and the manner in which it turns outward at the exit end of the exhaust. In addition, it offers the owner the ability to determine the extent of the turn out. I think thatís an amazing feature, in addition to the power it may potentially provide, due to the three individual stepped down headers.

Iím going to continue my research, before I drop that much money on an exhaust. 😊👍

BP, hereís something for you to check out, regarding the FP 2 into 1 Turnout Exhaust. Notice the very slight curve at the turn out point. Thatís what I was talking about with the owner being able to shorten the turnout section at the exit end of the exhaust. I love the look and sound of this exhaust. If it produces the power I expect it to, it will be a huge win for me if/when I purchase one.

Let me know your thoughts.
    Bobby

https://youtu.be/mx-mKye02po

Interesting. Definitely "Sideburner Inspired" styling.
    Saw this HD vid suggesting power improvement (dare I say... not hard to do? No, better not... that would be rude... lol).
    But otherwise same - not finding anything for the 9 except Meancycles!
    Fortunate Favours the Brave, Judah!

Hello NSF,

I actually called Freedom Performance immediately after my previous post, and spoke with a CSR/Tech. Rep. He informed me that MEANCYCLES is the only distributor they have authorized to sell the 2 into 1 Turnout exhaust for our M109R. He also informed me that Freedom Performance nor MEANCYCLES has any pics or video of the exhaust installed on the M109R. I responded saying “that’s a lot of money for an exhaust that has absolutely no references of any kind to display or provide any representation as to how the exhaust looks and sounds installed on the M109R.” It just baffles me why a company would produce such an expensive exhaust, and provide little to nothing in terms of marketing to promote the product and generate sales. I’m not going to throw that amount of money into the wind, and hope for great results. I’m going to have to be patient, and gather more information as to how this exhaust fits and works with our M109R bikes.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 02-13-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Very Active Member

Definitely interested in some replies. That price is steep. Almost REVO territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    Definitely interested in some replies. That price is steep. Almost REVO territory.
    Those were my first thoughts as well Bro.

I spoke to JC about this exhaust before I got my sharp curves. He basically explained to me that it was the combat exhaust with a turnout piece. I think he had one customer who was dead set on the turnout n willing to pay that almost $600 difference for it. Not even sure if they stock it fully or just have 1 or 2 on hand.

I have seen the combat on a 9 n it exits right by the rear axle bolt. With the addition of the turnout I'm guessing that's where it would be if not further back. The look really didn't justify the price difference for me. Maybe if it was a shorty n exited somewhere similar to the sharp curves I would've given it more consideration.

As far as HP, not too sure but keep hearing VPR is still the best but with a good tune the numbers aren't that huge. My opinion, if the look is worth the price difference for u do it, don't think the HP numbers would be.

Hope i didn't just confuse you more lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    I spoke to JC about this exhaust before I got my sharp curves. He basically explained to me that it was the combat exhaust with a turnout piece. I think he had one customer who was dead set on the turnout n willing to pay that almost $600 difference for it. Not even sure if they stock it fully or just have 1 or 2 on hand.

I have seen the combat on a 9 n it exits right by the rear axle bolt. With the addition of the turnout I'm guessing that's where it would be if not further back. The look really didn't justify the price difference for me. Maybe if it was a shorty n exited somewhere similar to the sharp curves I would've given it more consideration.

As far as HP, not too sure but keep hearing VPR is still the best but with a good tune the numbers aren't that huge. My opinion, if the look is worth the price difference for u do it, don't think the HP numbers would be.

Hope i didn't just confuse you more lol

Bunkz, I appreciate you chiming in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Hello NSF,

I actually called Freedom Performance immediately after my previous post, and spoke with a CSR/Tech. Rep. He informed me that MEANCYCLES is the only distributor they have authorized to sell the 2 into 1 Turnout exhaust for our M109R. He also informed me that Freedom Performance nor MEANCYCLES has any pics or video of the exhaust installed on the M109R. I responded saying ďthatís a lot of money for an exhaust that has absolutely no references of any kind to display or provide any representation as to how the exhaust looks and sounds installed on the M109R.Ē It just baffles me why a company would produce such an expensive exhaust, and provide little to nothing in terms of marketing to promote the product and generate sales. Iím not going to throw that amount of money into the wind, and hope for great results. Iím going to have to be patient, and gather more information as to how this exhaust fits and works with our M109R bikes.
    ����������
    Hey JUDAH - I just read your entire reply, repeatedly thinking it was going to end with... "and they offered to sponsor me" or something. Lol. Too bad, and I agree - I would think that having an "example" would greatly improve their market penetration potential. They should give you a super discounted rate to demo it for the entire community!

Bunkz, I appreciate you chiming in on this.
    Anytime brother

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Hey JUDAH - I just read your entire reply, repeatedly thinking it was going to end with... "and they offered to sponsor me" or something. Lol. Too bad, and I agree - I would think that having an "example" would greatly improve their market penetration potential. They should give you a super discounted rate to demo it for the entire community!
    😊😁😊...I wish they wouldíve made that offer to me NSF. I wouldíve jumped at the opportunity. The exhaust was primarily designed and built for the Harley community. Subsequently, after it hit the market, someone from the metric bike community asked Freedom Performance to alter the curves and formation of the header pipes to make it fit the M109R and a few other metric bikes. The Tech. Rep. told me today that they didnít then and still donít have time now to produce any pics or videos of the exhaust installed on any of the metric bikes. My response was in the form of a question, which was ďSo, your company expects bike consumers to take an almost $1,300.00 risk on an exhaust, because no one thinks itís important enough to provide the most basic form of advertising and marketing for a very expensive exhaust?Ē After a slight hesitation, the Tech. Rep. responded with, ďwell, I guess youíre right, but I donít have anything to do with marketing/advertising our products...Iím an Engineer, and I helped design that exhaust though.Ē Although I didnít say it to him, my very next thought was why would any Engineer put in all the effort and time required to design an exhaust, and not have any concern about the companyís Sales department having failed to a do single thing to promote and/or advertise that approved product design?

😊😁😊...I wish they wouldíve made that offer to me NSF. I wouldíve jumped at the opportunity. The exhaust was primarily designed and built for the Harley community. Subsequently, after it hit the market, someone from the metric bike community asked Freedom Performance to alter the curves and formation of the header pipes to make it fit the M109R and a few other metric bikes. The Tech. Rep. told me today that they didnít then and still donít have time now to produce any pics or videos of the exhaust installed on any of the metric bikes. My response was in the form of a question, which was ďSo, your company expects bike consumers to take an almost $1,300.00 risk on an exhaust, because no one thinks itís important enough to provide the most basic form of advertising and marketing for a very expensive exhaust?Ē After a slight hesitation, the Tech. Rep. responded with, ďwell, I guess youíre right, but I donít have anything to do with marketing/advertising our products...Iím an Engineer, and I helped design that exhaust though.Ē Although I didnít say it to him, my very next thought was why would any Engineer put in all the effort and time required to design an exhaust, and not have any concern about the companyís Sales department having failed to a do single thing to promote and/or advertise that approved product design?
    The Chef always cares what the soup tastes like.
    Reeks of corporate apathy to me.