M109 Rider Forums banner

Quick walk around video of my 9

3K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  JUDAH-9 
#1 ·
Took a little video of the 9 after waking her from the winter slumber.
Winter mods were galfer wave rotors, finally put my swing arm tool bag on, painted the shifter and brake pedal and other odds n ends , 1" risers.
Feels more comfy with the risers but I need a fll day out to see if they make a difference
The video was shot in 4k so it looks alot better if you adjustability to the highest setting you can run smoothly.

#2 ·
Psycho, your bike looks GREAT, and sounds absolutely AWESOME Bro. You’ve added some very tasteful mods that have definitely taken your bike to another level, both from an esthetic and performance perspective.

GREAT JOB BRO!!! 😁😎🏆🏆🏆😎😁

#9 ·
I just watched the video of your bike, that is an awesome looking machine. I just bought a M109R and I happened to have the same setup, velocity pro short and the Q5 air intake. I will pick it up later this week hopefully if we are allowed to leave our homes. By the way, I thought that it would sound a lot louder than it did on the video. My question to you is can you do anything to that exhaust to make it sound louder, a lot louder. I like to be heard, I feel safer on my bike when I can be heard. Thanks

#10 ·
Mrbarros, I also have that same Velocity Pro Race Short exhaust on my 08' M109R, in combination with a set of Thunder Tornado Intakes. Don't be at all concerned about the loudness of the exhaust in Psycho's video. I can, and I'm sure he will also, assure you that particular exhaust is much louder and distinct in person. Most, if not all cameras are unable to capture the true sound and affects of a motorcycle exhaust roar. I took my bike out for a short little "exercise spin" yesterday late afternoon, and that beast was roaring and growling at a high level from start to finish. I've also had a few people follow me to a stop, just to tell me how much the love the sound of the exhaust...NO JOKE!!! What's more is, after a short while of riding with the exhaust, it tends to break-in if you will...and you'll notice it sounds noticeably louder than before.

You'll likely have no worries with that exhaust Bro!!!

#11 ·
Took a little video of the 9 after waking her from the winter slumber.
Winter mods were galfer wave rotors, finally put my swing arm tool bag on, painted the shifter and brake pedal and other odds n ends , 1" risers.
Feels more comfy with the risers but I need a fll day out to see if they make a difference
The video was shot in 4k so it looks alot better if you adjustability to the highest setting you can run smoothly.

I just watched the video of your bike, that is an awesome looking machine. I just bought a M109R and I happened to have the same setup, velocity pro short and the Q5 air intake. I will pick it up later this week hopefully if we are allowed to leave our homes. By the way, I thought that it would sound a lot louder than it did on the video. My question to you is can you do anything to that exhaust to make it sound louder, a lot louder. I like to be heard, I feel safer on my bike when I can be heard. Thanks
Mrbarros, I also have that same Velocity Pro Race Short exhaust on my 08' M109R, in combination with a set of Thunder Tornado Intakes. Don't be at all concerned about the loudness of the exhaust in Psycho's video. I can, and I'm sure he will also, assure you that particular exhaust is much louder and distinct in person. Most, if not all cameras are unable to capture the true sound and affects of a motorcycle exhaust roar. I took my bike out for a short little "exercise spin" yesterday late afternoon, and that beast was roaring and growling at a high level from start to finish. I've also had a few people follow me to a stop, just to tell me how much the love the sound of the exhaust...NO JOKE!!! What's more is, after a short while of riding with the exhaust, it tends to break-in if you will...and you'll notice it sounds noticeably louder than before.

You'll likely have no worries with that exhaust Bro!!!
Like Judah said, the video does not do it justice. Unless you can listen on a sound system with subwoofers to hear the bass. It's alot louder in person, and like Judah also said, it gets louder with age. I had to start wearing ear plugs last season because the thump and frequency of the exhaust really started hurting my ears. It's fairly tame at idle but once you crack it open its loud.

#13 ·
Like Judah said, the video does not do it justice. Unless you can listen on a sound system with subwoofers to hear the bass. It's alot louder in person, and like Judah also said, it gets louder with age. I had to start wearing ear plugs last season because the thump and frequency of the exhaust really started hurting my ears. It's fairly tame at idle but once you crack it open its loud.
Right on Psycho1000R, Keep it coming I love it when I hear that. I want my ears to hurt, the more it hurts the happier I am. I will be keeping plenty of Tylenol around. Looking forward to cranking it up as I watch the pedestrians covering their ears with both hands.

#16 ·
Yeah NSF, but it becomes an altogether different thing, with a heck-of-a-lot more meaning and impact on the owner, once everything is complete, upgraded, or installed on your own bike. Unless someone is doing some truly one-off customizing to their 9, many of our 9s are going to mimic one another, as we have many of the same aftermarket and upgraded mods on them. As it is in professional sports, our Forum is a copycat environment, primarily because we openly share all of our ideas, improvements, and enhancements with one another. There's only so many upgrade products out there that absolutely look great on specific color-schemed M109Rs...as with your bike. The good thing about it all is...most of us don't live near another Forum member with the exact same M109R. No matter what...you're still going to have a bada$$, head turning, showstopper of a bike!!!
😎😁👍🏽👍🏆🏆✋✋🏽😁😎

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.