M109 Rider Forums banner

What are ya'll using to polish up your bikes?

3K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  dany65 
#1 ·
Just wondering what people are using to clean, polish your paint and chrome on your bikes.

#7 ·
I was turned on to the Honda spray years ago with my sport bikes. I’ve relied on that since then, I rarely even use water. My sport bikes never had chrome. On this bike I have a new paint job and lots of chrome, which is really what prompted the question.

When searching the internet, never dull came up a lot. I’ve been using windex in the chrome, but there’s a few spots on my wheels that need a little more than that. I would like to get them gleaming then apply some kind of seal to them to keep them that way for a little longer.

#10 ·
I was turned on to the Honda spray years ago with my sport bikes. I've relied on that since then, I rarely even use water. My sport bikes never had chrome. On this bike I have a new paint job and lots of chrome, which is really what prompted the question.

When searching the internet, never dull came up a lot. I've been using windex in the chrome, but there's a few spots on my wheels that need a little more than that. I would like to get them gleaming then apply some kind of seal to them to keep them that way for a little longer.
I use to use the HONDA spray years ago as well. Then I had some of the Suzuki spray for a while. Both of them worked very well. Nowadays, I only use Meguiars Mirror Glaze #7 for the painted parts, and White Diamond Metal/Chrome Polish for all of my chrome parts. The Meguiars Mirror Glaze #7 provides a professional, very-deep, show-quality finish, and the White Diamond product removes any/all oxidation and/or discoloration, while providing a long lasting seal to the chrome, and giving it a super-brilliant shine that lasts an extremely long time. I've been using both products for years now, using microfiber cloths to apply and buff/shine. As a result, I've never been disappointed with outcome of either product. In fact, I've been asked by random strangers about what I use to clean my bikes, due to how brilliant the overall shine was on the painted parts and chrome.

#9 ·
I've had my M109R 14 years. I've used nothing but Windex and paper towels on the chrome. Sometimes just water and two micro fiber clothes. For the paint, the warm water and two micro fiber clothes also works. And twice a year, just regular good old Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell carnauba wax. Yup, I cling to the good old fashioned way of doing things. And still get "beautiful bike" every time I ride it. Not bad for 14 years. :D

Chrome is way to easy to over do. You polish it too much, you eventually remove it all and end up seeing the nickle plating the chrome is applied to. I haven't used chrome polish on the bike once in 14 years. It still glares and requires good shades when the sun hits it.

#12 ·
Lucas quick detail and mothers for the most exposed chrome on the '06 and everything else with chrome...oh and good micro fibers! The cheap ones will leave swirl marks even on chrome.

#14 ·
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002U729UA/ref=twister_B06XKFKYF2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Wizards Mist-N-shine and a microfiber. This stuff is awesome for spray washes when I just want to touch it up or clean all the bugs and dust off when on long trips. I keep a small travel sized spray bottle and a couple micro fiber cloths in my saddlebag so I always have it. Makes it supper easy to polish up all the chrome on the road.

#15 ·
So I went to pep boys today, and had all intentions of getting either the white diamond or never dull as suggested by a few. Ended up going with surf city garage killer chrome. I remember reading good things about it somewhere. It’s a little on the expensive side in comparison to say never dull. I did a quick trial on a few spots today while working on my bike. Stuff seems to work pretty damn good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.