2008 m109r xtre?

Thread: 2008 m109r xtre?

Default 2008 m109r xtre?

I have a 2008 and believe I need an xtre but everywhere I look says 2011 and up does a 2008 not take an xtre to fix 1st through 3rd gear jerkiness?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member DutchM1800R2's Avatar

You can do with a (cheaper) TRE instead of a (more expensive) XTRE. They both so the same, with the XTRE having the benefit that the gear position indicator ( in the tach, from 2011 and up ) remains functional. Since your 2008 doesn’t have a gear indicator, a TRE is all you’ll need. (Or and ECU flash )

Additionally if you get an A-TRE, you can have a gear indicator as well as 4th gear maps in all gears.
    Worst case if you get an ECU flash down the road, the TRE function can be turned off, and you'd still have a gear indicator.
    My signature below has the A-TRE with Gear position indicator that I use.
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Is there an TRE that you would recommend? seems like there is only a couple out there. As far a flash that sounds scary 😬 wouldn't even know where to go to get it done. And don't want to lose any riding time sending it out.
    Last edited by Bgpapa1134; 06-13-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgpapa1134 View Post
    Is there an TRE that you would recommend? seems like there is only a couple out there. As far a flash that sounds scary 😬 wouldn't even know where to go to get it done. And don't want to lose any riding time sending it out.
    BCS does ECU flashes. If you work it out with him, he could probably help you time it for a same day turn around on it. Only down time would be shipping time. Send it out on a Monday and you will most likely have it back by the weekend. Send him a PM.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/member.php?u=79177

Do the flash much better. Sparky knows what he's doing
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by some 9 View Post
    Do the flash much better. Sparky knows what he's doing
    Plus BCS can even send you a flashed loaner ECU while he Flashes your OEM one.

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgpapa1134 View Post
    This is the one I use: HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2
    It's not terribly expensive, but if you do decide to do the flash later, then you still have a gear position indicator...if you need or like to have one.

From what I've read, BCS's turnaround time on the flash is pretty quick...you wouldn't be down long enough to even notice.
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

If you do go with the a-tre you can mount it like I did looks good IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

I too say BCS is the only way to go.

2007 M109R | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

Hands down, the ECU FLASH is exponentially better than any ATRE or XTRE could ever be. The difference in the ECU FLASH versus an XTRE or ATRE is like night and day...two totally different animals.