Looking for a solution and some help

Thread: Looking for a solution and some help

Default Looking for a solution and some help

I've seen posts from members who have built their own heel/toe shifters. I do not have the equipment or talent to do this. I've been suffering from gout/arthritis in the base joint of my left big toe on and off for awhile. When it flares, it's painful to walk and impossible to up-shift the bike. Last couple of days has been bad so I've had to postpone the ride I had planned this weekend. In any event, I don't know if those who built their own heel/toe shifters are still on this board, but I would be more than willing, grateful even, to pay for all parts and compensate you for your time if you would be willing to build one for my 08 M109r2. I would pay up front. At this point it's either find a way to ride, or sell the bike and give up riding. At 58, was hoping to be able to ride for another 15 years or so. Don't want to do the forward controls as I'm comfortable with where my floorboards are. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I too have gout (for more than 30 years), but am able to mange the painful toe symptoms using allopurinol. I can't remember the last time I had any pain in my big toe. You may want to see your doctor about managing the condition and it's symptoms.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

Quote Originally Posted by asillito View Post
    I too have gout (for more than 30 years), but am able to mange the painful toe symptoms using allopurinol. I can't remember the last time I had any pain in my big toe. You may want to see your doctor about managing the condition and it's symptoms.
    So far the doctor just suggested anti-inflammatories during flare ups. As I'm sure you know, they don't help much. Will need to go back and see if more can be done. Thanks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish View Post
    So far the doctor just suggested anti-inflammatories during flare ups. As I'm sure you know, they don't help much. Will need to go back and see if more can be done. Thanks.
    You need to resolve the reason for the flare-ups ... not the symptoms. allopurinol keeps the uric acid (what causes the attacks) levels in check.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!